Eliptical Trainers?

shellnc

Cathlete
I posted a few days ago about a hurt knee - I thought that I had worked out using too much weight too fast but thought it was weird that it took my knee 24 hours to hurt after my workout. I was feeling so great after my workouts. I had forgotten a small instance - that morning my knee started hurting myt dog had jumped up on my leg unexpectedly and I slightly (I thought) hyperextended my knee. It hurt really bad for about 30 seconds. Then I rushed off to work and a few stairs climbs later was in PAIN!

I went to the doc today and he said I haven't torn my cartlidge yet - I'm suppose to avoid stairs - but I have a lot of swelling behind my kneecap in the cartlidge area. I have a few exercises to do now and I am suppose to use ice afterwards. He said that when the swelling finally goes down the eliptical trainer would be a good cardio option for a while until my knee heals. I will need to join the Y to use one. Is it worth it?

Will I get any results lower body wise - or just cardio? I don't want to look weird for my beach vacation (buff arms and flabby legs - he-he!).

I'm wanting to start trying for Baby #2 in a couple of months. I suppose if I joined the Y I could use the pool some before work too - assuming I can get out of bed!

Thanks for any input,
shellnc

Shellnc, I bought an in-home, NordicTrack Elliptical trainer recently and LOVE it! It's a very efficient way to get your cardio in, burns a ton of calories and will keep your legs firm. Very easy on the joints as well. I like having not having to go to the gym...the machine is available 24-7 and it's absolutely SILENT (except for the beeps on the electronic display panel, which also very cool...it tracks your progress and allows you to pre-program workouts to suit your fitness level). Swimming at the Y would be great if your knee is really sore. :)

Hi Shellnc,

I have a manual trainer and it's great, a super leg workout with no impact or strain to the knees. I've always had trouble with my knees and ankles and have had no issues using this machine.

Heather

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.