ediets.com or other online diet support??

Do any of you utilize ediets.com or some other type of online diet support program? If you have, what has been your experience? I'm working through "The Beck Diet" book and one of the tasks is to find a diet coach or support group. I'm thinking that an online support group may be easier for me than an in-person group meeting. Thanks for your help! Deb

Sparkpeople.com has a lot of good diet support and message boards. You can choose a dieting buddy by looking at profiles, even post your own profile to see if someone chooses you. (And it's all free.)

Yahoo Groups has a lot of great weight loss support groups. I own one of them - if you're interested, send me a private message and I'll send you the link.

I got all of my weight loss support online instead of "in person" at meetings. I think a lot of it depends on your personality type (I HATED in-person group meetings) and your proximity to in-person dieting groups. Of course some groups are better than others and I think it takes a good deal of trial and error to find something you're comfortable with.

I joined Weightwatchers.com. It was very helpful to give me an idea of the amount of food I really should be eating (I was WAY over). The only thing I don't like about it is the performance of the website. The Points Tracker frequently boots you out after you've just spent 5 minutes updating it for the day. I haven't logged on and tracked in a couple weeks.

They do have lots of good recipes.

HEY! I LIKE this Sparkpeople.com! It's way better than Weightwatchers.com. Wish I had asked before I did the online membership. I've sent the link around to the ladies in my department who are all trying to get their figures back. Well, 4 of them actually are. The other 2 SAY they are, but don't do what it takes.

The only thing I don't like about it is that it won't let you "schedule" weight training on consecutive days. I do mine Tue/Wed/Thu. Of course, I'm splitting upper body on Tue/Wed and lower on Thur.

I LOVE Calorie King.com. I lost 60 lbs in 6 months logging my food in their diet diary (I downloaded the desktop and sync it with the online diary). The desktop is a one-time fee (like $30) and the online is around $20 a year (you don't need both, I just prefer to log on my desktop and enjoy the forums and online tools).

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.