ebay seller 3801

amyg

Cathlete
FYI, I just placed a bid on a Cathe DVD at ebay and saw later that the seller was 3801. The "no emails after the sale" clued me in. I think I remember reading the name a few weeks ago was a variation on that number.

I fortunately was outbid, but just so you know, I think s/he is still out there selling copied copies.

they can only get away with this because they set the reserve ridiculously high, then do their actual sales off-ebay. anyone who buys from them off-ebay is breaking ebays rules as much as 3801 and forfeiting ebays protections.

don't buy off-ebay thats the key

All very good points.

I'm kind of curious about the permutations of the same seller name. If I were doing it, I'd choose entirely different names at least!! LOL. But I'm certainly never going to copy a copyrighted work, much less figure out how to even make a copy of a DVD- figuring out how to play them in my player is hard enough!! ;)

Sigh. What is the point of trying to rip everyone, including Cathe, off??? I don't mind buying from ebay, especially since it's so rare for me to do it- Cathe herself gets plenty of my cash from all those great workouts I can't wait to get!

I have found some good law school stuff on ebay. Those, I'm okay with. ;)

I "won" Low Max a week ago & I haven't received it yet but now I know what to anticipate. Geez, I wish I would have checked it out a little more.

What is the point of trying to rip everyone, including
>Cathe, off??? I don't mind buying from ebay, especially since
>it's so rare

$$$$$!!

Obviously, this is a seller with not much moral fiber.

On Ebay, there USED to be a message that popped up when you listed a DVD or video, stating that you were to sell only original DVD's/videos and not copies (as if law-abiding citizens needed that message? And scofflaws wouldn't take heed anyway).

Has no one reported this seller to Ebay, stating that the products are copies? I don't understand Ebay not taking action.

This REALLY p...s me off! I'm an Ebay seller, and would never consider selling a copy of someone else's work. Aside from being ILLEGAL!, it's unethical. Guess that doesn't stop some people.

And having sellers like this on Ebay makes people perhaps wary to buy from legit sellers like moi!

Kathryn, I don't know how this person keeps being able to sell. I figure they set up fake email addresses and register with those, because there have been quite a few permutations of the seller name. I know a few people here have reported this seller, but under this particular item the seller, 3801, had no selling history to go by. A tip-off...

Another tip-off, regardless of seller name, is that s/he won't talk to you after the sale. That is just shady if you ask me.

Hi Amy, what law school do you attend? I am a 2l at Washington University in St. Louis. Lots of interviews right now, grr they are getting so old!

Jessica

Hi Jessica! I'm at Santa Clara University, in Silicon Valley CA. I'm not "allowed" to do OCI since I'm a 2nd year part-timer and the school says I have to wait until next year. I work now as a clerk at a small property litigation firm.

Good luck with your interviews!!! It sounds like a pain. You can get through it!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.