E-mail exercise "partner"?

topeka

great idea

E-mail motivation partners is a great idea. I am probably one of just a few male Cathe fans. I'm the father of two boys, one 5 year old and the other 2 years old. I'm 6'3" and 200 pounds and I find step aerobics the most interesting way to work up a good sweat and maintain current weight. Unfortunately, my wife does not share my enthusiasm for aerobics. She's not over weight or anything but she does not share my enthusiasm for fitness. I buy Cathe videos and leave them lying around hoping for a spark of interest but none so far. Maybe one day she'll notice a bulge here or a paunch there and decide the time is right to sweat a little bit. At least she recognizes that staying in shape is important to me and she doesn't interfere in my quality time. I realize from the tone of some of the postings that anonymous e-mails are really annoying so instead of responding to the messages individually, I am posting this message with an invitation to send me motivational/inspirational e-mails as any of you would like. Send e-mails to [email protected]. I'm in Charlotte, NC.

SIgn me up!

It's really comforting to find that so many people share the same situation as I do. Most of my family is overweight, and a good bit of my friends too. I have absolutely nobody to share my triumphs with, either. I too am always telling my husband about the great Cathe workouts, and of course, he can barely sustain interest. He's an on-and-off-again Weight-trainer, man's-man-don't-need aerobics type! I also don't eat red meat and very little dairy, so everybody throws me in the vegetarian category. I could relate to so many things being said on this thread. I'd love to participate in any list!

New to Cathe's videos

Hi everyone. I just came across Cathe's website and love it!! It's really great that you can view the videos before purchasing them. I was always an on/off fitness fanatic and last year I made the commitment to really stick with it. My dedication really paid off - I;ve lost 30 lbs and thank god have managed to keep it off. I too get all sorts of responses from people such as "are you anorexic?' or "do you eat?" Come on!!! There is no way a person can exercise and not eat!! By the way I do not look anorexic, fit yes, anorexic no way!!! I started out with the FIRM tapes and was a die hard fan until a friend gave me a Reebok video. I'm slowly starting to realize that there is life beyond the FIRM. I've just ordered Mega Step Blast and Body Heat. Can't wait to try them.

I also find that it's difficult to share my enthusiasm about fitness with people who don't work out. They just don't understand the rewards that come with it, never ming that endorphin kick!!!

Please write to me - I would love to hear/give motivational and nutrition tips.

T.

Fellow Exerciser

Hi Kathryn! Just finished reading your message and I too am an avid exerciser like yourself. I'm 45 yrs. old, exercise 6 dys. a week, weight train 3 days, do cardio 4 days, with Cathe's interval tape as one of my cardio days. What do you do? I recently became a member of Global Fitness. They have a wealth of information and a Customized Strength Training section that's awesome! I truly LOVE to exercise and have no one to share my enthusiasm with. I'm slowly becoming a vegetarian. It's difficult because my husband and son love their protein so much! I'd like to hear some of your ideas about what you eat. I mostly eat chicken, turkey, fish, beans and pasta. Just started to eat Boca burgers made w/tofu. They're delicious! My family couldn't tell the difference. They thought they were eating beef. Have you tried the new cookbook from Michael Milken? It's based on soy products and tofu. I'd love to hear from you.

Cathe Achievers

This sounds like a great idea! I too do workouts that are very intense. I participate in some classes at a gym in NY but I find that the other classmates are intimidated when I walk into the room. They don't give it their all when they work out. I've since stopped going into the classes for this reason and instead just do Cathe's videos at home in my basement of my house. That way I can give it my all without people commenting. I'd love to hear more about this list. Regards, Kathy.

Email partners

I, too, am about to begin a full-blown Cathe fitness regimen...I used to work out with Cathe tapes (back when the first few came out)and was in great shape, a fitness level I've dreamed of achieving again ever since I started travelling and got out of shape. Now I'm planted firmly in one area again and I'm ready to start over.
I am a vegetarian also and committed to leading a healthy lifestyle. I, like others on the list, am also "thin-fat" ie., thin but with more fat than muscle. When I mention working out to others they tend to scoff and say, "Like you need it!", not realizing that although I'm thin I'm not in great shape.
If anyone wants to email me to establish mutual motivation, etc., let me know!
[email protected]

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.