DVD shipping

R

rmrdr

I can't stand to read all the comments about the new workouts. Can you give us an update to when the DVD's will be ready? Thanks for any information.

Rhonda

SNM - Tentative date on DVD shipping?

Just bringing this to the top. Can't wait to try the DVD's! Thanks!

I'm Dying TOO!

Can't wait to get my DVDs. This is KILLING me! Gotta get them before I come to Glassboro in Oct!
From the sounds of it, I'll be glad to only be an Observer
happy.gif

DVD Update.

Just to bring everybody up to date, we ‘re now finished with the authoring (authoring is to DVD’s as editing is to VHS tapes) of the DVD’s.
The next step is to have glass masters made that will be used to replicate the DVD’s. This should be done and completed sometime next week. Hopefully, this will go well. Unfortunately, all of the DVD’s we’re releasing are double layer DVD 9’s. Not to get too technical, but what this means is there is no way for us to know if we have done our encoding correctly with DVD 9’s until after the glass masters have been made. If we have made even a slight mistake, we will have to start all over….so keep your fingers crossed!
If everything goes well we will be able to move to the final step which is replication within the next week or two. The only other problem we face is packaging. There is no problem as far as the 2 pack is concerned; however, we planned on putting Cross Train Xpress’s two disc in one DVD package. However, we were informed today that the world has run out of DVD twin pack boxes. We hope this problem gets resolved before we do our production run, but we may have to package each disc in a separate DVD box. This will not cause any delays, but may mean you get two packages instead of one for the CTX DVD’s.

Now, some info about the new DVD’s:

1) All the DVD’s will give you the option of being able to play the entire program or the ability to choose chapters. Most of the workouts have at least 4 chapters and some, like Power circuit, have up to nine chapters.
2) All of the menu and chapter screens will feature a 30 second video clip that constantly repeats itself for each title and/or chapter.
3) We have changed Cardio Kicks/CircuitMax from a DVD 5 to a DVD9. We did this so we could encode the disc at a very high bit rate. This means the picture quality on this disc will be unbelievably clear – even by DVD standards.
4) We have made some changes to the CTX DVD’s. Disc #1 will contain 10-10-10, Step and Intervals, All Step and Power Circuit in their entirety. Originally, we were going to put only the warm-ups, cardio sections and cool downs from all the workouts - except Leaner Legs - on disc #1. Disc two will contain Leaner Legs and Kickbox in their entirety. We have also added two bonus sections on Disc #2, including Upper Body Split and All Abs. Upper Body Split will contain all the upper body weight sections from all the videos in the following order: Back, Chest, Shoulders, Triceps and Biceps. Just press the button and all these sections will play in order one after the other. Finally, All abs contains all the ab sections from the CTX workouts.

More details soon!

Sounds great!

I LOVE the idea of the Upper Body Split and All Abs section on the second CTX DVD!!! That makes it even easier to mix and match these workouts. I was really regretting not having ordered the videos since everyone started getting the vids and trying them and posting raves about them. But now I am glad I went with the DVDs after all!
happy.gif
Thanks for making the wait for the DVDs a little easier on us--it's nice to know my patience will pay off in the end!

Renae

I agree!

I am so glad I ordered the DVD's now. There are endless ways to mix & match them. I also love the idea of the upper body being put together for days we will have more time to w/o! Thanks SNM for all your hard work. Good luck with all the finalities! We'll try to be patient. Renae~What happened to that pix in your bio of you & your hubby? It was such a great pix of the both of you. Hope I'm not being too nosey!!
wink.gif

DebbieH

Wow-

That sounds even better than before. I love the idea of doing a workout without changing the disk. I also love the ability to add in sections (although from the sounds of it, it will be a while before I need to do THAT). I love the upper body split, and lower body split (oooops- leaner legs). I am sooo excited. But I can wait- yes, I can wait. I can (whine).

Patience is a virtue, I know...

But this information may have made the waiting even more difficult! The DVD's sound awesome! I am thrilled because I have a DVD player on my computer which is in my "weight" room ~ formerly known as the formal dining room:) I can work out without hauling all my equipment into the family room. Lately, I have been thinking "ok, I am not going to Cathe's website for a week so there will be some news by the time I do", but A day without the forum is like a day without sunshine! So here is a prayer that everything will go off without a hitch and we'll be in possession of our DVD's really soon!
And Thank you, SNM, for your high standards and hard work! Behind every great woman...........
Bobbi

I love it, I love it, I love it!!!!

Everything sounds awesome. I am very happy to hear we will not need to change disks in the middle of the w/o if we so desire.

Wow, you guys sound like you really know your stuff. Very techie. I love it.

Thanks for the update!!!

the DVDs sound great!!!

I have two questions though...

On the Upper Body Split will there be chapter breaks in between body parts?

Also, will the all abs contain chapter breaks?

I know I'll be able to access the body parts on the other DVD... but just curious about these two sections...

Thanks again

Lydia L

Worth the wait!!

Since I didn't like the original idea of all cardio on one disc, all weights on the second disc, I'm extatic to hear about the format changes! Having a selection of ab workouts will also satisfy those of us who were waiting for an "all abs" video. DVD rules!!

Hi Debbie!

The picture is back!! Thanks for pointing out that it was missing. I have been using angelfire (I have a personal "test" website with them) and even though the image is still on their server and the path I had typed in was correct, it wouldn't show up anymore. I have no idea why. GRRRR! So I moved the image to another site.

Renae

Thank you, thank you, thank you!

I've been salivating ever since the reports of the videos started coming out! The DVDs will definitely be worth the wait. I wonder how many people are going to use the new DVDs as an excuse to buy a player?
happy.gif

Thanks for all your hard work. It is really appreciated. Your customer service is top-notch!

Kristin

Stop Spending My Money!!!! :)

I received and am having a blast with the videos but you make the DVD's sound so convenient and versatile that I may have to go buy a DVD player and the new DVD's.

Oh man, how would I explain that to my DH?

DVDs

I'm sure Cathe's getting sick of people asking, but I'm so crazy about the Circuit Max tape I can't wait to be able to order the DVD 8 pack. Any updates or news about release dates? How about prices?

Thanks again, Cathe and the amazing class and crew, for continually releasing such beautifully choreographed and well-produced videos. I also have to add, as the wife of a webmaster, that this website has grown leaps and bounds and is truly remarkable. You should be extremely proud of Cathe.com It sets the standard in fitness sites, no doubt about it.

DVD's--any idea on shipping date? -- just getting anxious--

I've been reading everybody's posts on the new videos and I just can't wait to get the DVD's. I'm having a quarterly instructor meeting at my gym (20 instructors) and it would be just great if I could bring these DVD's in......if I do get the DVD's before Sept 17th, I'll bring my DVD player in and I'll have Cathe do an "in-house" training session. As fitness director, I always like to bring in a video (or DVD) or two for every quarterly meeting. The instructors look forward to getting some new ideas. Leaner Legs will be my first choice.

So, SNM, do please understand that we're all just anxious. Just let us know. Thanks so much!
Linda

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.