due next week and need help with girl name

chloesmom

Cathlete
So I'm due next week and we don't know the sex of the baby. We are pretty set on a boy name, but not on a girl name. The only two names we've both felt were an option (b/c we don't seem to agree on many of them. lol!) are Giuliette (Italian version of Juliette) and Genevieve. I think we are leaning towards Giuliette b/c of the nickname (Jules) since my name is Jenna and if we name her Genevieve I think she will just be called Gen. (unless anyone has a better suggestion? My husband says he'll call her G, which I don't like or maybe Ginny, which I don't love) So......the next question is...do we go with Giulette, which my husband likes more, or make it simpler and spell it Juliette or Juliet. I think I'm just too close to it and much to pregnant to think rationally anymore! lol! Thought I'd pass it by you guys and see what you think! Hope everyone is feeling good!
Jenna

I love the name Genevieve! I can understand though your reservations with your name. I like Juliette too, but I like the traditional spelling best. Just an opinion. Good luck!

Another vote here for Juliet and Genevieve. I also like traditional spellings, but it's your decision, and it's a beautiful bunch of choices you gave. If it's a girl, she'll be blessed to have any of them. Pick the one that is closest to your heart. :)

Just curious, what is your boy's name?

PS if you name her Genevieve, you could also call her Nev or Vee or something like that...

Thanks for the input! Our boy name was easy b/c of tradition in my family. I will be naming him after my husband and grandfather... James Gennaro, although we do have the name Jackson in our back pocket ;-) nickname jax, though I doubt we'll use it.
I'm leaning towards Juliette or Juliet, although since we are both italian giuliette is a traditional spelling within the family. I just think it will be easier for her the other way. I don't want her to have to spell her name for everyone, you know.
I appreciate everyone's responses!!!!! Happy thursday!

I like the names! Both of em'!

How fun not knowing the sex. I am going to do it that way next time if there is a next time!;)

So..you are due next week? Are you dilated yet or anything exciting? An end in sight???:D

The quote at the last doctors visit was "softening and shortening, slightly puckered" So I'm making progress by not dilated yet. I have been having really bad menstrual-like cramps for the past few days though, so I guess I just wait and see!!!

How exciting on your cervix! Any day now!

btw, Jackson is my #1 favorite name EVER for a boy - has been for YEARS. (think Steel Magnolias....HOT GUY!!!) DH vetoes it - DH's nameis Michael. With our own traditions the baby's name would be Jackson Michael - waaaaay too close to Michael Jackson!:D

I like Juliette---with Jules being nickname. I might just have to steal it myself----we're going to have to stick with "J" names.

Jalena
Jena
Jade
Jara
JJJJJJJJJJJJJJJ and more JJJJJJJJJJJJ---stuttering going on here in our house!!!

~Melanie~

Jadon born 11/23/05
Justin born 1/17/04
Jory born 4/9/94

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.