Dr. Hyman's Ultramind Solution

iiiee

Has anyone read this book? I've recently ordered it, but I wondered if anyone can tell me whether or not Dr. Hyman's six week plan is conducive to achieving weight loss results in conjuction with Cathe's workouts? Thanks :p

UltraMind Solution and Cathe are a great combo!!

Hi! I've been lurking for quite awhile and finally decided to take the plunge and post something. I was part of a beta test in December for this book. I followed the 6-week plan and liked it so much, I've stayed on it ever since! I feel great because I'm eating healthy, and combined with Cathe's workouts, I feel even better!

I didn't have a whole lot of weight to lose, but in December I lost 5 lbs effortlessly without counting calories, etc. Just eating clean and continuing to exercise. Eating clean wasn't easy at first, especially around the holidays, but it was worth it. Basically the book stresses eating clean - no high fructose corn syrup, no trans fats, no preservatives, no dairy and no gluten. Organic whenever possible. The key for me was the gluten. I must have had a slight gluten intolerance because since going gluten-free, I have less bloating, etc.

In the book he mentions doing breathing/yoga every morning. I had always thought yoga was not for me, but once I tried it, I was hooked. I do it whenever possible now, in addition to all of Cathe's great workouts! I'm doing STS now and just LOVE the extended stretch, and also the yoga-based abs. Of course, I love the rest of STS as well!! It was the best fitness purchase I've ever made, hands down...

I don't think following the UltraMind plan has helped my mind too much, because I'm still always losing my keys... but I'm doing something good for myself and that makes it worth it.

I hope this wasn't too long... I've gotten so much inspiration from all you great ladies on here, and decided that I had to add my 2 cents! Thanks for listening...

Denise

THANKS!

No it wasn't too long at all, and I really appreciate you posting a reply! I haven't received my book yet, and I'm a raw newbie as far as Cathe's workouts are concerned (I'm just starting my old FIRM and 10 minute solutions workouts again because I have a lot of post-baby weight to lose which is 4-years-old :eek: lol, the same age as my daughter naturally), but I really, really, REALLY want to try her STS when I get a little stronger, and I've even started jogging 3x a week again. My dilema was that I ordered the book before I stumbled across Cathe and I was worried that I wasted my money on the book (I'm a real penny-pincher) and that I would not be able to follow the plan while getting back in the groove with working out (and busting my butt with Cathe when I'm ready!), but your post really helped to alleviate any doubt or worry I had. Now I'm glad I purchased the book and am really looking forward to following the eating plan and starting STS soon. Thanks again!!! :D

Glad to be of help!

It's great that you're getting back into the exercising groove, and reading the book should inspire you even more. I know it really inspired me to get healthier! You won't regret your purchase...:D

I wish you much success with your fitness goals!

Take care,
Denise

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.