Downloads not Working

anderson

Cathlete
I purchase Cathe's X 10 and one of the Step workouts this morning and have not been able to download them. When I clicked on the download link it will begin to download the workout but is saying that it will take 5 hours and now it is saying that it will take 8 hours after its been downloading for 2 hours:(. I think that something must be wrong with the downloads. Is anyone else having the same problem??

I'm having the same problems in the UK - only managed to download 2 files in six hours! The one I'm trying to download now keeps flitting from 10 hours to a day to download (this is my second attempt to download it - I think we only get three so I hope it works in the morning).

Karate chick you get 9 attempts I think I have already used 4 of mine. I contacted help and they said to turn my internet security off which I did but it did not help. By doing that I started my download over and now I am back to 6 hours:(. I think something is wrong with their server or connection. I always buy downloads on the day that they come out and the longest that it usually takes is an hour. I think something is wrong. Guess I will be waiting until tomorrow too.

I ordered downloads and haven't got the email to den load them yet. But I'm waiting a day or two for things to calm down and I'll email CS. I got my shipping notice. I ordered both DVDs and downloads when the preorder first started.

I don't think you need to wait for an email to let you know the downloads are available.

The links were posted in the Blog today:

Cathe Friedrich - Download Instructions

You're good to go as long as you have your discount code handy which would have been emailed to you when you purchased the pre-order.

Karate chick you get 9 attempts I think I have already used 4 of mine. I contacted help and they said to turn my internet security off which I did but it did not help. By doing that I started my download over and now I am back to 6 hours:(. I think something is wrong with their server or connection. I always buy downloads on the day that they come out and the longest that it usually takes is an hour. I think something is wrong. Guess I will be waiting until tomorrow too.

Yeah, they told me to turn my internet security off, too, but guess what: I don't have any!!! So I think they may simply be overloaded. And the fact that Cathe and crew are at Cathe's Dad's funeral today, it's not surprising that things have gone a little awry. But it's completely understandable, of course, and we just have to be patient.

They work, just really slow and I have the fasted internet Charter offers.. I downloaded 20 out of 26 links yesterday without any problems. The downloads took all day and night, but I woke up to successful downloads. This morning I have gotten error messages for 4 out of 6 .

Same here downloading from Switzerland. I have a fast connection, but the download of the new workouts goes to an extremely slow speed (around 20-40 KB/sec) It took me yesterday around 12 hours to download X10. This morning was still very very slow, then for around one hour it was miraculously reasonably fast (but still much less of my usual download speed for Cathe workouts and any other stuff) before to go back to the terrible speed of 25 KB/sec.

Last edited:
Well I've made two attempts to download Rocking Step 2 and three attempt to download Rocking Step 1 instrumental, and they fail. Guess I will wait the week out to see if they work. I have most of my downloads.

Same in Germany. Speed was between 15 to 40 kbit/sec. Do you know how often you may click on the link to the download page? Is that the one which expires after three times? I already clicked on it 2 times and would like to avoid any problems... Still need to download most of the workouts. :)

Same in Germany. Speed was between 15 to 40 kbit/sec. Do you know how often you may click on the link to the download page? Is that the one which expires after three times? I already clicked on it 2 times and would like to avoid any problems... Still need to download most of the workouts. :)

Someone said 9 attempts. I think I clicked on Knockout 4 times with no problem...but I'm not sure they were actual clicks so don't hold me to it.

I've downloaded the Knockout workout, it pretends to be 57 minutes long, but after around 20 minutes the file is empty. Anyone else has the same problem? or something went wrong just to my download?

I've downloaded the Knockout workout, it pretends to be 57 minutes long, but after around 20 minutes the file is empty. Anyone else has the same problem? or something went wrong just to my download?

Something went wrong during your download process. You might have to do it again. :(

About 24 hours to have all files a part from both X10.
I will need to leave my laptop on all night and eventually tomorrow.

Downloading from UK, no error message though :):):)

I'm still have plenty of trouble downloading the workouts today. I gave up yesterday after many failed attempts, but the newsletter today gave me some hope that things might go faster now.

I did manage to get Lean Legs & Abs downloaded very early this morning. But trying to start Flex Train after with nothing else downloading resulted in a Network error after I left for work.

I'm trying again now and still have a ridiculously long download time (15 hrs to 1 day.)

I'm really not meaning to complain, as I know things have been hard there this past week. But I do want to post some feedback, so that perhaps it can be improved for next time. I do love downloads, but I don't love still not having access to them when the workouts were in house on Friday.

Lean Legs and Abs looks wonderful and I'm very anxious to try all the workouts, and hopefully I will actually be able to soon.

Someone said 9 attempts. I think I clicked on Knockout 4 times with no problem...but I'm not sure they were actual clicks so don't hold me to it.

I may have been the one who said we get 9 attempts. A friend clarified that the 9 attempts are for the e-mail link to the download page, and not the downloads themselves. Since it seems everyone is struggling with the downloads, leaving the page with the download links open until we're finished seems a smart move so we don't run out of access from our e-mail. I'm sure CS will adjust that, as needed, but I figure there is no need to clog the system even more with requests to CS. I think that's what happened to me a few hours ago when I couldn't get to the download page through my e-mail. I sent a query to CS (not realizing about the 9 attempts referencing the e-mail and not the downloads) and my e-mail link is working again, although whether that is what happened has not been confirmed by CS. I'm just putting 2 and 2 together and hoping not to get 5 :rolleyes:. In any case, I'm not closing the download page now until I'm finished -- no matter how long it takes!

Download problems

I'm still have plenty of trouble downloading the workouts today. I gave up yesterday after many failed attempts, but the newsletter today gave me some hope that things might go faster now.

I did manage to get Lean Legs & Abs downloaded very early this morning. But trying to start Flex Train after with nothing else downloading resulted in a Network error after I left for work.

I'm trying again now and still have a ridiculously long download time (15 hrs to 1 day.)

I'm really not meaning to complain, as I know things have been hard there this past week. But I do want to post some feedback, so that perhaps it can be improved for next time. I do love downloads, but I don't love still not having access to them when the workouts were in house on Friday.

Lean Legs and Abs looks wonderful and I'm very anxious to try all the workouts, and hopefully I will actually be able to soon.

Let me see if I can help you and several others understand better how a video file download works, what can cause it to take so long and what can be done about it. I'm sure server load on our end is causing some delay problems, but nothing like you're experiencing. As an example, I just did a test on downloading FlexTrain and it only took me 25 minutes to download FlexTrain while it is taking you almost a day to download just one file. Now, to be honest, 25 minutes is rather slow for me to be able to download a one hour video, but I'm also using an old computer that's running Vista with 10 browser windows currently opened. I do have a wired connection and a very fast modem speed. So, why Am I able to download a file so much quicker than you can? Let me see if I can explain this and offer some suggestion that may help you.

Firstly, we use Amazon content servers to handle our downloads. These are the same servers Amazon uses to handle their video files. These servers are maintained by Amazon and there are no settings that we can change or even access. All we do is upload our video files to the Amazon server. Then, as demand increases Amazon automatically replicates and caches our video files on content servers all over the world. So, as far as our end goes there are not any settings that we can adjust or that need to be adjusted. But there are things that you can do that may help you download our video files more quickly.

1. Don't use a wireless connection. Wireless quite often sends data in stop go packets and this filtering can cause all kinds of problems as our server will think you may have decided to stop the download. If you only have a wireless connection you may need to use a pre-loader which will break the video file into smaller pieces and then put them back together. If you need to do this just contact customer service for instructions, but preferably use a wired connection instead.

2. Temporarily disable your virus software. Your virus software may be stopping and pausing your download to scan the incoming data. This can cause huge delays if your virus software and computer are slow and don't have the processing power to scan in real time.

3. Reboot your computer. Your problem may just be that your computer needs to be rebooted so that you can start fresh with everything working at optimal capacity.

4. Make sure you have enough hard disc space to handle your downloads. Each file is about 1 gig.

5. Slow internet speed ?- Nowadays you can get internet speeds of 300 Mbps in many areas. If you only have a download speed of 1.5 Mbps it's going take a long time download 1 gig of information per download. And keep in mind you will almost never get the maximum advertised download speed your provider claims. At 1.5 Mbps under perfect conditions it would theoretically take you 1 hour 30 minutes to download a 1 gig file. But in the real world it would probably take around 4 hours. Most cable modems and Fios are many times faster than the example I just gave, but quite often their speeds will depend on traffic over their networks. Unfortunately, the only solution for this is a faster internet service.

6. Finally, you may want to try downloading late at night if you're having speed issues. Traffic is lower on our servers as well as your ISP's network too.

Hmm - has anyone been able to download at near-to-normal speeds? It is hard to tell, because usually only people having problems will post.

My downloads are each taking 4+ hours as well. The two I did overnight last night were faster, but they were also the only two which were incomplete. I had to re-download them.

I have done all of the steps you suggested (except turning off my virus protection - mine only scans for viruses when the download is done) but the speed remains the same (about 20-60 KB/sec).

I tested downloading a file from another source (in between downloading my Cathe files) and it downloaded normally.

I'm not really complaining - I know that eventually I will get my files! I am just curious as to the download speeds are normal for anyone!

Last edited:
I am still trying to download today and it is taking 5 hours for one workout. I downloaded a digital download from Michelle Dozios yesterday as well and it only took 45 minutes. I have purchased several digital downloads from Cathe over the last two years and they always only took about an hour and 15 minutes. I still have the same computer with the same speed internet connection. I also never had to turn off my antivirus and it still only took an hour. I did all of the steps that SMN suggested but it is still taking 5 hours. Maybe it is only taking 25 minutes at Cathe's studio because they are using a quicker server there are because the original downloads were uploaded from there. I guess we just don't know. And like I said earlier it is not my computer or internet connection because I was able to download another download earlier from another fitness instructor and it only took 45 minutes.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.