Dove hypocritical of real women's bodies?

"Not too curvy or athletic" I think that means most cathletes are out because either we are curvy or super athletic or both. And, what about real women like me who were burned as children? What about my scars? Isn't that real enough? Or how about the scars on my legs from accidents? I have the stretch marks on my chest, tummy and under my arms. (not from growing too fast, its just hormones, my skinny brother has them and has never been fat a day in his life- I would hate him but it would take too much energy.) And, whats a 'naturally fit' person anyway? If you workout you become fit. Fitness is a byproduct, not just a natural way of being! These people frost me.:mad:

Last edited:
I don't think it's real. Note the ad was from Craig's List, & he's asking for pics in advance, sent to a gmail account. I got the creeps just reading it. Now I feel like I need a shower. :eek:

Yikes, I hope somebody notified the police or someone in case anyone showed up for this "shoot". The best that could happen, is someone just gets scammed out of $500.

If you go back to the link, you can see that Dove has responded and it was not, in fact, an ad posted or approved by the company.

:) Jonezie

Yeah, it took them long enough! I kept on reloading that page to see if that's the case! Makes me happier about them. Though it doesn't say this was an unauthorized/scammy post. It just says the casting notice wasn't approved by them. When I googled further, to get to the updated article HuffPost was pointing to, I read this:

"But a spokesperson for Dove tells StyleList that the Craigslist posting was an unplanned gaffe, and isn't indicative of their overall campaign message."

Almost makes me wonder though, unplanned or didn't think you'd get caught?

::shrug:: I don't even use Dove so my outrage is fleeting if you know what I mean.:eek:

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.