doula's

J

jwbean

Has anyone had experience with using a doula or is anyone currently working with one? I am considering using one and would love some feedback to the effectiveness or lack of one! Thanks!

doulas

I had a baby in February and my in-laws paid for 40 hours of doula service as a gift. It was the best gift anyone can give a mom with a new baby. She did the laundry , dishes, made beds , watched the kids while I got a nap or did errands. I definitely say do it. It may be expensive, but it is well worth the money ,especially if you have more than one child . I ended up splitting my hours up over six weeks which was great. I had so much help from my family the first few weeks that I didn't need her every day . She ended up coming one to three days a week , so there was always plenty to do. As I got up and around I did my errands while she was there to watch the kids. I was so sad to see her leave. I got a little taste of what it would be like to have a nanny around. Most doula services schedule interviews with the doula that will be helping you. I found this very reassuring,since I knew what to expect. I hope this helped you. Good luck ! You won't regret it.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.