Double arm Scarecrows in Upper Body 2

Hi aqua girl, thanks for getting back to me as now that I know you've tried clearing your cache this helps me to decide what to try next. We're sure the problem is still caused by a cached file, but the question is where is the cached file? We know the Scarecrow video file is correct on our server, but my best guess now is the older incorrect Scarecrow video file is still cached on an Akamai content server. This is not something we have any direct control over, but we're now reaching out to an Akamai engineer to see if they can resolve this. I'll be back in touch with you as soon as know more from Akamai.

I haven't done really anything with this new series except the yoga. I use a firestick and before I did that, I cleared out everything because of past experiences. So I blended a workout on my pc just now and just randomly added chapters, did the scarecrow a few times to see it happens with firestick. After blending, I went to my firestick and hit play. The very first scarecrow had a few minor glitches, but it never paused. I continued to play the workout and everything was fine, then when the second scarecrow came up, there were no glitches. So I'm not sure if some of these issues people are having have to do with how they are playing them, but they played fine on my pc and my firestick. I do not change my speed because I have fast internet, so maybe that is a different issue. Just thought I would check it out and let you know how it is for me since I do use On Demand and blender only for Cathe. Hope all works out for everyone.

The very first scarecrow had a few minor glitches, but it never paused. I
Pausing is not a problem with scarecrows, I am getting the red screen at the end.
do not change my speed because I have fast internet, so maybe that is a different issue
Yes, I believe it has to do with lower internet speed, which I have, although I don’t experience problems with anything else in the blender.

Hi aqua girl and fitnation,

We've been working with Akamai on the red screen issue and found that the problem is with a cached video file that is on an Akamai content server. Though we have now identified and seen the problem, we need Akamai to fix this. We've been speaking with one of their engineers since yesterday, but they're having issues getting the cached file to update. This shouldn't be difficult for them to fix, but big companies move slowly.

You’re getting the red screen on the scarecrows too?
I was getting the red sceeen ltoo. I cleared my browsers, cleared the cache, rebooted my apple TV, rebooted my router. Frankly, I have not tried it since then. I guess I am a little weary of the STS. 2.0 chapter problems.
Hi aqua girl and fitnation,

We've been working with Akamai on the red screen issue and found that the problem is with a cached video file that is on an Akamai content server. Though we have now identified and seen the problem, we need Akamai to fix this. We've been speaking with one of their engineers since yesterday, but they're having issues getting the cached file to update. This shouldn't be difficult for them to fix, but big companies move slowly.

Hi fitnation, there is nothing you can do on your end to fix the red screen issue on the Scarecrow exercise. You have to wait for Akamai to update the Scarecrow file on their content delivery server.

Forum admin, is this is reason for new workouts chapters freezing or is this a separate issue? Thanks,
Hi aqua girl, we haven't seen any issues of freezing with premixes, but we've only tested the premixes we have made so far using the high-quality setting. If you have a premix you would like us to look at please share it with us and we can take a look.

We Are talking about workouts we blend in the workout blenders, not premixes and there
have been quite a few of people having this Issue, not just me: please look at the thread
right below this one titled: STS 2.0 Blender Workouts are freezing between chapters,
this is quite a problem and causing interference in doing blender workouts.

Last edited:
If you have a premix you would like us to look at please share it with us and we can take a look.
By premix, I assume you mean a "blender" workout......you are welcome to go into my
blender workout library and check any of them the latest that use chapters from STS 2 workouts.....Low quality......the problem is that you never know which new chapter is going to freeze, sometimes they do, sometimes they don't, sometimes you can manually get them to play, sometimes they completely freeze up, sometimes you can exit the workout and go back in, sometimes that doesn't work. But, no other chapters in any other workouts except the STS 2.0 workouts freeze up like this.

Hello SNM, I have reported issues with the STS 2.0 workout blender workouts freezing. Please see the separate thread entitled STS 2.0 Blender Workouts are Freezing Between Chapters. If you could reply to that thread I would be most appreciative. My latest blender workout with chapters from STS 2.0 (using chapters from chest, shoulders, triceps "Body Part" STS 2.0) froze and I was unable to get the chapters to advance. This has happened before with the STS 2.0 chapters but usually I was usually able to get the chapter(s) to advance. I seem to only have the problem with the STS 2.0 workouts. Also yesterday when I tried to do the aforementioned blender workout there were no "up next" prompts. I had some 15 second and 30 second rest in the workout and I was using Apple TV to do the blender workout. Based upon you advice to others, I rebooted my router and rebooted my Apple TV prior to doing the workout but to no avail. Please advise.

fitnation and aqua girl, the problem you're seeing with the streaming freezing chapters may very well be caused by the video files not having fully propagated to the content server. Let's focus on the Scarecrow issue first with Akamai and then we will turn our attention to the freezing chapter issues that some of you are seeing. However, I'm hoping the freezing chapter issues go away once all of the files have propagated. Until the files propagate freezing issues can happen.

Yes indeed, did a short blender on ipad, low quality this AM and added in scarecrows & no red screen! Awesome, thanks :)

I just created a short blender workout with the double arm scarecrows in it and played it on my iphone. The red screen was gone! Thanks SNM for resolving this problem.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.