Don't order from Holabirdsports.com

bella2005

Cathlete
Just wanting to share my experience with Holabird Sports to save others some hassles.

I ordered some Rykas which didn't fit and called them for a return authorization number, and returned them right away via ups. Note that this company doesn't even have a 1-800 number, it's a fee call. So I paid ups and the phone company.

Almost 2 weeks later the UPS store called and said the package had been refused by Holabird.

So I picked it up, called Holabird at my expense again, and she said they only accept packages that are wrapped in plastic or heavy paper. I mentioned that it would have been helpful to know that. She said, UPS wants it that way. But UPS had been perfectly happy with a heavy cardboard box sealed with packing tape, only Holabird didn't like it.

Then, I asked if I could send them again and she said no, my return authorization had expired.
x(

I was starting to smell a rat here, like they make it impossible to return things on purpose.

She finally conceded to allowing me another chance to return them. But I will not do business with this place again and want to warn others how they operate. There are many better websites to order from.

:) Bella

I've had great luck with shoes.com and zappos. Zappos prices might be a little higher, but their service is awesome. Shoes.com even pays return shipping!

Sorry to hear your experience was so bad. I do think many online retailers are operating out of someone's garage...

Marie

thanks for the heads up. i refuse to do business with a place the won't allow for easy returns. things happen online where something doesn't fit right or what not they should make it easy to return.

kassia

When they discover the center of the universe, a lot of people will be
disappointed to discover they are not it -- Bernard Bailey

I'm sorry to hear about your experience. I've ordered from them several times and had no problems - good service, good prices, fast shipping. But I've never had to return anything.

Randi

I have not had any issues with Holabird. I ordered a pair of Nike tennis shoes for my husband and sent them back. I used the same box they shipped them to me in.

But I was prepared to call my credit card company in the event there were any issues. I never hesitate to call them to file a dispute. That is what I would do if I were you.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.