DOMS

sme702

Cathlete
Are we supposed to lift enough weight to burn out the muscle and create 'DOMS'? Is that the goal to a strength training workout such as Xtrain? Ive had some doms that literally put me out for a few days to where I get them that 'I know I've worked out' (but not put me out) -- which is the optimal?

Are we supposed to lift enough weight to burn out the muscle and create 'DOMS'? Is that the goal to a strength training workout such as Xtrain? Ive had some doms that literally put me out for a few days to where I get them that 'I know I've worked out' (but not put me out) -- which is the optimal?

I am not cathe:)

The answer to your question is No---We are not supposed to lift to the point of creating DOMS.

Here are cathe's newsletter about DOMS

Cathe Friedrich - Find out the link between muscle soreness and muscle growth and whether one is necessary for the other.

Cathe Friedrich - What

http://sportsmedicine.about.com/cs/injuries/a/doms.htm

Last edited:
Thank you Nathalie for highlighting those articles for sme702. I was starting to look them up and then I noticed you already did it. If you still have further questions after reading the article SME, just let me know. :)

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.