Does your family workout too?

DH works out. Always has. He's an awesome cyclist and runner. He is one of those naturals. He can go all winter not riding and just running and then go out and kick everyone's butts on the bike! Makes me crazy.

He's a police officer and is in charge of their workout room (which is AWESOME) so he gets to order whatever equipment he thinks they need - if they have the money for it, of course. The Chief is also into working out and mandates an hour a day out of their work schedules to work out. Well, the same people who were fit before are still fit and those who have huge bellies still do. They just fart around in the workout room. I would LOVE to have an hour of paid time to work out!

Suz

"Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened." - Anatole France

http://www.picturetrail.com/dogs2birds

DH goes through stages. Right now he's so busy splitting and stacking wood and doing other things around the property that he's getting plenty of exercise. And he's always up for a hike or walk. My mom and dad do the treadmill, sort of, and have recently asked me for some strength pointers. My sister is a skinny little thing who never exercises but does a lot of yard work and gardening. Really, my little bro is the only other exercise junkie in the family. He was quite big a few years ago but, inspired by my success, has lost the weight and kept it off. It's nice to have some one to share it with. Oh, and my 7 year old niece loves to workout with me.

Sparrow

My garden is filled with papayas and mangos
My life is a mixture of reggaes and tangos
Taste for the good life, I can live it no other way
- Jimmy Buffett

My SO lifts and has recently been doing P90X with me. He gets his cardo by walking the dogs. I wish he'd get a bit more cardio, but he's just not interested.

My DD, who is 8, loves coming and doing parts of workouts with me, she loves cycling and has started to run with me a little bit (not too far yet). She also loves to swim and was on the swim team at school last year.

My parents have both passed away, as has my brother. My sister walks regularly and recently did a 60 km Walk to End Breast Cancer.

Well, my dh hates any sort of *structured* exercise. NO way will he use a treadmill or use any sort of *boring* (in his words) equipment. He does lift some, does pushups, chinups, and is really strong. He prefers the real physical labor like chopping wood, hunting w/ a bow & arrow (which takes a lot of strength) or anything outdoorsy. ;-) We go for walks w/ our girls & he also likes to bike. He does think I'm a bit nuts for running, but he supports me 100%!

My girls are 7, 5, & 3 so not really into exercise for fitness, but they love to workout w/ me, and they think running, biking, hiking, etc are great fun! My 7 & 5 yo have played soccer & now are taking ice skating lessons. We just try to do active things as a family & be good role models!

My Mom is almost 55 & she has lost about 35 lbs now since I got her hooked on pilates. She had knee surgery so she can't do anything w/ impact (step or kickbox) but she loves pilates, yoga, & walking.

My Dad is 67 & he still walks 3-5 miles 3-4X a week. He has heart problems so he really tries to keep up w/ the walking. I keep trying to get him to do some sort of strength training, but so far no luck. He is ok w/ the fact that I have more upper body strength & can do more pushups than he can. :p

My IL's on the other hand- I WISH I could get them to exercise. My FIL is very overweight & I worry about his health.

My brothers both run & lift weights. But now I can outrun them so they have to try to keep up w/ me. ;-)

Good poll!!

Sadly, the only members of my family (this includes DH's side too) who work out are my SILs.

The one SIL has been an exerciser since before I met her and she is now a PT as well. She tends to get sporadic about it because of her busy life with kids, etc. but she always goes back.

The other SIL has been working out for I guess 6 months to a year now. She joined the same gym that my PT sil works at. She NEVER even wanted to take a walk prior to this but had had gained a few pounds and wanted to lose it. I think her sister helped to convince her to do it. I actually don't know for a fact that she still goes to the gym...I can only assume so as she is paying for it and is not one to waste money. ;)

A while back my mom wanted to lose some weight so I bought her a Leslie Sansone vid off of DDD. She did it a few times and that was it. That doesn't qualify her as someone who exercises!:p She still complains she is too heavy though....it drives me insane as you can well imagine!x(

My DH is considering joining the same gym as me to start working out but I am not holding my breath on that one!:p

My DH gets on the TM 3 times a week for 30 minutes. He does this because I make him!!! He doesn't understand how I can actually enjoy working out. But he does it and that is what counts. He supports me and always laughs when I come home with more w/out clothes or heavier dumbells etc. He says our shabby chic bedroom now looks like a gym! My DS is 6 but he is very active. He likes to do yoga and play on my step. He can do a hand stand on my step!!!! He also takes gymnastics and basketball right now. I try to keep us all moving!
LD:D

DH does not workout but he does whatever he can to make sure I have time to get my workouts in. He is very supportive.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.