Does this happen to anyone else?

I am fairly new to Cathe and have found I am having a problem with he lunges with the barbel on my shoulders. I can't get through them, not because of the front leg but because of this annoying aching in the bottom of my back leg and especially my back foot. Is there anything I can do to prevent this from happening? Thanks!!

AARGH!! This totally happens to me. I really feel it in my back calf and foot... it sometimes becomes unbearable. I finally started actually putting my front foot on a 6-inch step to focus the workout back onto my front leg more, and that seems to help the back-leg pain for me. I'd be interested to see if anyone else has any ideas, though.

Is it like a cramp?

I'm also fairly new to Cathe's barbell work and I when doing static lunges with the bar, my back leg feels it most deep in the quad and in my ankle. I think it has to do with maintaining proper balance and will go away in time. So far, I haven't experienced any DOMS or any other soreness in those areas. Also, I always stop early if it's too much for me. :)

>Is it like a cramp?
>
>I'm also fairly new to Cathe's barbell work and I when doing
>static lunges with the bar, my back leg feels it most deep in
>the quad and in my ankle. I think it has to do with
>maintaining proper balance and will go away in time. So far,
>I haven't experienced any DOMS or any other soreness in those
>areas. Also, I always stop early if it's too much for me.
>:)

It is like an annoying aching, almost numbing feeling from my ankle down, to the point I can't finish. I can make it through all of her DVD's otherwise so I don't think it is a strength issue, not sure what it is.

I think I have the same problem too, but I always thought that it would go away the more I do leg workouts. I have it when I do barbells and dumbbells - more with dumbbells because that is usually the second set after the barbell and my legs are already tired.

It's usually on the outside of the ankle isn't it? It's like pain and numbing.

I think you could post this on Cathe forum and ask her advice.

Yen

I don't use a barbell, I use dumbbells but my calves on the back leg always tire and start to burn way before I feel anything in my front leg. I thought I was the only crazy one with this problem. Glad to see I'm not alone. :)

Jenn

Hey all, I copied all of our responses and posted it on the "Ask Cathe" forum, so keep you eyes open to that forum to see if there is a response.

It happens to me - I have a very difficult time getting through some sets of lunges (depends on how long they are) because of this pain. I usually have to stop for a second, shake my foot out, and then set my foot back to continue.

It hurts especially in the calf and in the bottom of the foot.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.