Does this annoy you?

I don't think anyone likes to listen to someone complain, regardless of what it is about.

We all(probably) have areas in our lives that we 'wish' were different. Sometimes no matter how hard you try things don't seem to work out for you the way you would like. Sometimes you are the victim of your own negative thinking. While I, personally, don't struggle with my weight I certainly have other things in my life that I would like to be different. However, I don't vocalize these things to the general public because I can understand that most people are in the same boat(in terms of not having everything be the way they would like) and really don't want to listen to other people complain.

You know, ultimately I think the reason this annoys me so is because I am so hard on myself if I gain a few pounds and since I know my family history of diabetes I try to take care of myself - I workout hard most of the time (I have had a lull lately but I'm slowly working out of it) and I guess it just bugs me that people complain when there is an out. It's like they either take what they think is the easy way out (starving) or they quit all together.

We all know it's not easy to workout. I know too that I'm accustom to working out hard primarily because of my military days...had I not gone through that though, I may never have made it even to the level I'm at now, and I've said in other posts that I can't hardly do BBC, so I'm not close to being an expert, nor am I in the best shape I can be in.

The other side of my annoyance is that I feel sorry for people in these situations because to me the seem trapped. I've done what another poster said though...I'm done giving advice or discussing it with them. I'm taking to just changing the subject. That keeps me from being frustrated too.

This is a delicate subject though - I sincerely hope I didn't offend anyone - I would never want to do this. Probably deep inside my frustration over this subject comes from my own personal issues more than anything else. ;(

<This is a delicate subject though - I sincerely hope I didn't offend anyone>

I don't think you did at all. If anything, you got some of us thinking. I think we've all been there in terms of wanting to give someone a Cher from Moonstruck slap in the face while yelling "Snap out of it!!" ;-)

I think that alot of people lack the confidence and the no how, and mostly the Motivation. If you really want something bad enough you will work for it.We all no nothing worthwhile is easy.
Just always:I feel offer someone a hand in need.
Ann Landers once wrote: They're are no ugly people in the world just,
lazy. I believe that you get the body you deserve later in life.
So treat your body good through exercise and food.These people are complaining at young ages, boy will they have health problems as they age.I really think that these people are paying most of you's compliments.I agree if you aren't happy about yourself change it, and don't feel sorry for yourself. Get Help. Right? everyone here seems to know this, so go out and inspire all these people that annoy you.
;-)
Rocky

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.