Does anyone wear Mizunos for step and high impact?

WRITER

Cathlete
I'm looking for shoes with good arch support and cushioning, and I have had a spate of failures. I have a high arch, and my feet are *not* wide. I haven't done well lately with Rykas or with Asics, so I'm thinking of turning to another brand.

I realize that Mizunos are running shoes, but I read somewhere that Tracy Anderson once recommended Mizuno Wave Inspire for her cardio workouts--has anyone tried this shoe? If so, which number?

Anyway, if you do use Mizuno, Inspire or other, which model do you use? TIA!

Last edited:
I wear Mizunos for running and do not recommend them for step/high impact. They are light on forefront cushioning and do not have a lot in the way of lateral stability. The Inspire product information says they are more of a support shoe, but I'd be cautious. You might want to look more into their volleyball shoes to get more lateral stability.

Thanks Mona for your response. I definitely need great lateral support, so Mizunos may not be my answer. I appreciate your input!

I wear the ASICs gel intensity 2 and they are fantastic for step and high impact. They have great lateral support but since they have more leather than mesh I feel there is a break in period. But worth it because I need excellent cushion and support for my feet in order to complete Cathe workouts without pain.

I have mizunos I only use for running. The person at the running store said they are not good for lateral work. Anyhow, I ordered several styles/brands of shoe from zappos and got the asic gels. It was nice to be able to try shoes on at home for more than 5 minutes.

Melissa

Thanks for Asics Gel Intensity 2 recs. I actually did order these, and when I tried them on they were too wide (I ordered "B" width) so I sent them back. I also expected a little more cushion, but it could be that the ball of my foot was not in the right place. Maybe I just needed to go down a half size. Do these run large? I could give these another try.

Last edited:
I am sorry my reply was so short. I wasn't trying to be rude. I had to try on several shoes to get a good fit. That is why I like zappos. I thought for sure I would get rykas, but none of them fit me right. Good luck. Melissa

I wanted to check back in and say I did try the Asics Gel Intensity 2 again, a half size smaller, and I love them! They passed the Imax 3 (for impact) and Horizontal Conditioning (for lateral support) tests. Thank you to all of you, in various posts, who recommended these.

Hum i use brooks for ruunning. I love them but for cathe I need lateral suppport so im thinking of trying asics intensitty gel 2 for step n hiigh impact. I notice u had to go down in size. I use to buy 6 1/2 but when i got fitted for running shoes they said, go up a half size to allow for swelling when u run so my running shoe is 7 do i need to order 7 or go back to 6 1/2 for these? Any suggestions?

After reading this thread, I am considering trying the Asics Intensity Gel 2 as well.

I currently have some Rykas, they got good reviews for Zumba and so I think in my head I figured they'd be good for FIRM style workouts (I was still doing FIRM last yr when I bought them). But they aren't great.

Honestly, I've never had an "awesome" pair of shoes. I notice that my foot seems to go over the edge of the sole, I see it when I look straight down at them. Does this happen to anyone else?

Hum i use brooks for ruunning. I love them but for cathe I need lateral suppport so im thinking of trying asics intensitty gel 2 for step n hiigh impact. I notice u had to go down in size. I use to buy 6 1/2 but when i got fitted for running shoes they said, go up a half size to allow for swelling when u run so my running shoe is 7 do i need to order 7 or go back to 6 1/2 for these? Any suggestions?

I also go between a 6 1/2 and 7, and I found the 7 in this shoe to be too large and too wide for me. I ordered from Onlineshoes, and they allow for free exchanges (although you have to pay postage if you just return without an exchange). Others have ordered from Zappos, and Zappos allows you to order several pair at once and return for free regardless of whether you exchange.

Last edited:

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.