Does anyone own a 2011 128i BMW coupe

lulu68

Cathlete
Hello,
I'm trying to find out if any who own this cars have had any major problems and if you recommend this car. My 19 year old son is bent on purchasing this car but we are somewhat against it, simply because it could turn out to be very costly to maintain or repair any major problems that might arise. Thank you in advance.

Hi lulu. My ex owned several BMW's and yes they are very costly to maintain so unless he knows a mechanic or has thousands of dollars in his account for the regular upkeep and maintenance he should hold off or you may be assisting him with those bills. It's not anything major that was breaking down it's a quality vehicle for sure but when it did require any little piece replaced it was uber expensive because it's BMW parts. My son has a Volkswagen jetta and even that's expensive repairs because it's German. The side view mirror was$500 alone lol. He's 19 as well and works part time while going to university but luckily his gramma sneaks him$$ and don't forget the insurance. Good luck
Jamie

Hi lulu. My ex owned several BMW's and yes they are very costly to maintain so unless he knows a mechanic or has thousands of dollars in his account for the regular upkeep and maintenance he should hold off or you may be assisting him with those bills. It's not anything major that was breaking down it's a quality vehicle for sure but when it did require any little piece replaced it was uber expensive because it's BMW parts. My son has a Volkswagen jetta and even that's expensive repairs because it's German. The side view mirror was$500 alone lol. He's 19 as well and works part time while going to university but luckily his gramma sneaks him$$ and don't forget the insurance. Good luck
Jamie
Thanks you so much! My son also works part time and attending college. Again thank you!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.