Does anyone know how heavy drywall is??

sittinduck

Cathlete
Yesterday I was helping my husband hang drywall on the ceiling...My shoulders and upperbody is sore...I about cried when we got to the 3rd sheet...

The first sheet I was walking around like a peacock ...all proud that I could help but then I liked to died...I kept thinking pretend it is Cathe telling me hold hold hold...but by the 3rd sheet I was yelling "hurry up and screw it in".. Man those sheets are heavy...

duck

I'd guess 45lbs a sheet, its not the weight that bothers me its the awkwardness of dealing with a 8'X 4'sheet or 8' x 12'

A 4x8 sheet of 1/2" drywall weighs 55 lbs.! Way to go on toting a few around.

My dad used to own a hardware store and contractors would get a chuckle when I was sent out to help load drywall and cement. I don't think I realized how heavy all of that stuff was until later:D I guess I was in better shape then I thought:D

Nicole

Motivation is what gets you started. Habit is what keeps you going.

Thanks for the weight answers...note to self(more shoulder work) !!
I only lift 20-30lbs to do legs as for shoulder work a 20 lb barbell...So, yeah today is definately a rest day for me.

You know what was worse? I stood on a stool which caused my arms to be bent like a goal post....OUCH!! Never again will I attempt a ceiling....x( ;( :)

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.