Do you have a lipstick you just can't live without?

LauraMax

Cathlete
I saw a fun story on CNN last week about how lipstick sales NEVER suffer, regardless of the economy. In fact, when the economy is bad lipstic sales actually increase, b/c it's a relatively inexpensive thing for a woman to buy that makes her feel good about herself. And I thought yeah, I do that sometimes.

But you know what? No matter what color or brand I buy I always end up going back to my favorite (MAC lipglass in "oversexed"--I won't even go into the silliness or irony of the color name LOL). So I made a decision after I saw that news story to stop wasting my money trying other stuff when I already have the perfect lip gloss. It might be "relatively" inexpensive, but it does add up!

What's your standby?

Mary Kay lipstick in Downtown Brown. Love it and won't go anywhere without it. :) Like you, though, I keep trying tons of others for some odd reason. ;-)

Marcia.

Bobbi Brown lip gloss in cocoa sugar or rose sugar, can't do without and it's the only one I use, I threw out everything else and quit trying other colors after I got this one.

Burt's Bees Lip Shimmer sticks...they are good for your lips and I love them! Real peppermitty too! Have one in my purse, my desk, and bathroom... LOL. As a bonus, they are really inexpensive.

>Burt's Bees Lip Shimmer sticks...they are good for your lips
>and I love them! Real peppermitty too! Have one in my purse,
>my desk, and bathroom... LOL. As a bonus, they are really
>inexpensive.

LOVE these!!! I was a MAC Sheer Plum girl for YEARS but have recently made the switch to more "organic" products, so Burt's Bees it is :)

Sparrow

"The winds of grace are always blowing but it's you who must raise your sail." - Sri Ramakrishna

I also love the Burts Bees one, but I adore my Neutragena sheer lip color too (don't know it's formal name), but it's kind of like a lip gloss instead of lipstick and it's in like a chapstick kind of container. It's wonderful!

Sonia Kashuk's LILY, only available at Target. It's the perfect density (not too sheer/not too opaque... just right), it's real creamy (ummm.) and it's a mid-tone slightly pinkish brown. Lovely. Every time I put it on in front of women everyone asks me what it is. It's one of those shades that flatters a wide range of skin tones. Sonia Kashuk did have a beautiful, truly flattering red (brownish undertones) called Desert Rose. But they got me hooked then discontinued it and I have badgered Target to death over it, to no avail. I haven't come across a flattering red since (I'm a real pale redhead). Products I rely on are ALWAYS being discontinued. Does this happen to you all?

For Lipstick - Jane Brand - Kind of Carob (got to support the name) :)

For Lip Gloss - Fresh - Sugar Cherry

Yes, products I love and rely on are always discontinued. That's why when I find something I like, I tend to buy a couple at a time just in case.

Almay One Coat in Mauve. It's the perfect color for me, and it's creamy. Frosted lipsticks look like crap on me (like a bad, 80s sci-fi movie). I do look forward to trying some of the suggestions listed on here though, like a good lip gloss. I don't have any.

I only use Sexy Mother Pucker Lip Gloss. I think you can only buy it at Target. I love it. They have 3 different colors and I like them all.
LD
http://pic40.picturetrail.com/VOL395/10721112/19111645/307955868.jpg[/IMG]

LD - I have to try that, only because of the name. Except we don't have Target here. I'll have to wait until the RT I guess.

I swear by Covergirl Outlast Smoothwear in Bronzed Satin. I put it on every morning and it does not come off until night, and even then I have to use makeup remover. If they ever discontinue my lipstick, I will be completely devastated!!!

I have yet to meet a lipgloss or lipstick I could resist! Serious biz, my makeup drawer is filled with glosses and lipsticks...I hate other makeup (still use it of course) but love to play around with lip color!

Have to vote for Burt Bees lip glimmer sticks as well .. makes the lips feel soooooo good ..

but I also like Lancome Juicy Tubes (colored lip gloss) ..MMM MMM MMM

Trucco Honesty. I've been through about 50 tubes of the stuff. But I'm going to try the permanent Covergirl one trixie mentioned. I can't believe it really stays on all day. I think I'll stop at the drugstore tonight. Thanks, trixie.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.