Do you bake?

annie2867

Cathlete
If you do, could you answer this question? If you bake brownies and they are perfect except for the bottom (too hard) what is the problem?

Hey, have you tried pampered chef stone baking wear? To die for! Oh, and one more thing, move the pan up from the bottom of the oven that should help too.

Kathy

Did you use a glass pan? Lower temperature 25 degrees.

But I'm guessing that your oven temp is off. Use an oven thermometer to check it. Newer ovens are usually easy to adjust (if you can find your owners' manual). If it's way off, then you either adjust for it or get a new thermostat.

You might want to check your oven temp at the top shelf & then in the middle. You shouldn't need to bake at the top, that's called broiling!

Hope this helps.

Debra

Well, Pampered chef stone wear just seems to distribute heat better, so you don't get the burned bottom of cookies, bars, rolls. That kind of thing. I used to always burn the bottom of my rolls, but then I got the stone wear one day at a friends pampered chef party and I don't get that anymore. Plus it makes great pizza! But if you wanted to make brownies you'll have to get the bar pan, obviously, where I got the rectangular baking sheet. They are spendy, but one isn't too bad. You can check them out at www.pamperedchef.com
No, I don't sell the stuff, I just like it.:D

Kathy

Here's a pretty cool baking site. I could spend some serious time browsing around here.

http://www.baking911.com/cookies_brownies.htm

"If the bottoms of your brownies turn out too hard, next time set brownie pans on a cookie sheet to bake. This will insulate the pan from the heat from the oven and in turn, keeps the bottom from browning too much before the tops are done."

This sounds like Kathy's suggestion with the baking stone might do the same thing...maybe?

>If you do, could you answer this question? If you bake
>brownies and they are perfect except for the bottom (too hard)
>what is the problem?

The problem is that there is less brownie to eat!!! Just kidding!

Make sure that you take the brownies out of the oven at the SPECIFIED time. They will not look done, but will be done. I make that mistake so often and overbake things. Of course, I "never" eat what I bake....}(

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.