Disney World help needed

DeborahG

Cathlete
Hello, folks. We're taking our DDs to Disney World for a few days over Halloween weekend. They'll be 5 and 7 when we go. Can anyone recommend a good travel guide or other source of info. on the parks/area/etc.? I haven't been since probably the 1970's, so I'm totally clueless. I went to the bookstore, but there were too many Disney travel guides, so my head spun and I left.

Thanks for any input. Have a great day!

Deborah

We didn't use a guide at all, just had a plan as to which park we would go to which day. Then we'd study the park maps & let loose. It was so much fun, we also did everything that we wanted to do. We had 3 boys: 15, 5 & 3. It truely was a vacation of a lifetime. Have fun!!!

We used The Unofficial Guide to Disney World our first time and it was the best investment I made. It's very thorough including maps and guides for best times to go to certain attractions based on your age group.
We covered a lot of ground and saw all the attractions we wanted to see. I have to give all the credit to this guide:
http://www.amazon.com/Unofficial-Guide-Disney-World-Guides/dp/0470285702

I second this book! We've been to Disney many times, but I always get a guide every time we go just to get updated!

Are you doing Mickey's Not-So-Scary Halloween Party??? If not, I highly recommend it...it's a blast! :D

Try these forum:

www.passporter.com- a wealth of info.

www.disboards.com- same thing

www.mousesavers.com

also, I know about a site where you pay $25.00 to have a person set-up your entire day at WDW. He/she will guide through the parks to avoid the most busiest times and such. I hear that this person is highly recommended. I'm sure you can find out what site he is on from one of above links.

Almost all of the sites above will give you a wealth of info.

Try this website

http://allears.net/index.html

I have never used it, but it has been recommended by several friends of mine. Also remember to book at least one character meal - Chef Mickey's is great. With two little girls, if you can get into Cinderella's castle that would be awesome as well.

Have fun and enjoy it truly is a magical time.

Hi Deborah,

We've been to DW numerous times and are about 4 1/2 hrs driving distance from it. We stay at the Disney resorts and our favorite is a cabin at Fort Wilderness. Once you are at the resort you can ride Disney buses to any of the parks. We also get the park hopper tickets so you can visit more than one park in a day. Also, at Halloween they have a trick-or-treat night at the Magic Kingdom (you need to purchase a separate ticket for this event) - my girls really enjoyed it. Your girls are at the perfect ages to enjoy DW - I love DW :D:D:D

If you are going for Halloween DEFINITELY do the Halloween trick or treat night....Sooooooooooooooooo worth it. My kids had a blast and rode a ton of rides that night because the lines were not as long. Well worth it...don't forget your costumes :D

Therese

Disney World

Hello, folks. We're taking our DDs to Disney World for a few days over Halloween weekend. They'll be 5 and 7 when we go. Can anyone recommend a good travel guide or other source of info. on the parks/area/etc.? I haven't been since probably the 1970's, so I'm totally clueless. I went to the bookstore, but there were too many Disney travel guides, so my head spun and I left.

Thanks for any input. Have a great day!

Deborah

I know Disney like the back of my hand. I recommend you get to the Magic Kingdom atleast 20 min before the gates open, this park does take the longest to get to. You have to take the monorail or boat over from the parking area, unless you are staying at a disney resort. The first ride you definatley want to do is Winnie the Pooh, It always has the longest ride. You also need to use the fast pass options, you get one fast pass every 2 hrs. I think. your best bet is to use fast passes for splash mountain , buzz light year and space mountain. The line for haunted mansion goes pretty fast and this ride is awesome and not very scary.

The Halloween Party is so great! We took our kids when my smallest was just 2 (2 years ago this October) & she loved everything! If you are staying in a Disney hotel, one park/day stays open until midnight just for Disney guests. We got the most bang for our buck by planning this out ahead of time. If you have park hopper passes, you can do one park during the day & then hop a monorail over to spend the evenings in the park that stays open late. Great time to go back to things that you didn't get to finish at any of the parks or just go back & do it again! I also believe that Epcot should be having their food & wine festival at that time which is very fun! Plan the fireworks at Epcot & I definitely recommend making time to see the parades in every park. They are an awesome show in themselves. The Halloween Party parade is so awesome! I believe that if you use fast pass for rides you can get one per person per attraction per day. Have fun! I can't wait to go again!

You can do fast pass as many times as time allows you, You get one fast pass every 2 hrs., say you get a fast pass for splash mountain you scan your tickets at 9am most likely it will tell you that you can use your fast pass between 11 and 1. but you cant get a fast pass for another ride until 12pm. Another thing alot of people dont know is that just because yor fast pass says 11 to 1. You can actually use it at anytime past the 11oclock hour, say your at the othert end of the park when your fast pass time comes around dont rush back to that ride you can use it at anytime after 11. Its not as complicated as it sounds and it can really help you get on the rides that are the busiest. I HIGHLY recommend you get a fast pass for SOARIN at Epcot first thing when you get there, trust me if it's busy that day you could get a pass at 9am and it might tell you t come back at 6pm. and this ride is a definite do not miss, it's awesome.:)

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.