discourged...need advice

slwitt

Cathlete
Over the last couple of months I have only been working out 3 times a week on average. Prior to that I was working out 5 days a week for at least 1 hour each day. I don't think it is my workouts, I mostly do Cathe DVD's and have recently added walk/run on treadmill. I know my eating habits are not great, because I was raised on meat and potatos, and having a hard time losing weight. I would like to lose about 10 more pounds, but I am a picky eater and love sweets. I don't like salads, or fruits and only eat very selective vegetables. I mainly eat three meals a day with a snack in between. When I do heavy cardio, I feel that I am starving all day long. I'm not sure how many calories a day I should eat, I am 34, weight 169lbs, and 5ft 10inches tall. I would love to get to the point where I am just doing maintenance instead of working to lose weight. Anyone that can offer some advice on something I could do or try would be greatly appreicated!

you might want to check out

Burn the Fat Feed the Muscle. Tony really goes into detail about how to shift weight. I highly recommend that.

Also, you might check out gymnema sylvestre it helps with sugar cravings. You might switch from high fructose corn syrup to just using white sugar. Its still sweet but has a different effect on the appetite.

Thanks for your advice. I will check into those things. I seem to be doing a little better by recording what I am eating on the Nutrition page. It is making me a little more aware of what I am eating. I am trying to cut down on the portions and know that I can have a snack later in between meals. Thanks again!

Book

Where can I find Burn the Fat Feed the Muscle? I have looked online and can't find it. can you help?

Where can I find Burn the Fat Feed the Muscle? I have looked online and can't find it. can you help?

I haven't purchased this yet, but am thinking about it too... I found the link by googling "Burn the Fat, Feed the Muscle" and it came up. It is an e-book so you pay $40 I believe and you download it directly from the web... apparently you can print it out but with e-books I have purchased in the past, the formatting does not come out exactly like a printed version... I also believe that it is rather lengthy... 300 + pages if I recall, so that would be a serious committment for me to carry my computer around in order to read it. Definately not airplane material unless you travel with your computer! but if my own personal committment to eating better doesn't get any better, I may have to take more drastic measures and order the thing! :eek:

PS... I don't know if it has ever been offered in printed form, but if anyone else knows if it has I'd like that info too :)

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.