Difference between Cathe’s barbell and a standard barbell

Ivy

Cathlete
For those of you that have purchased Cathe’s barbell and have had a standard barbell, can you tell me the difference? Also, does it fit the standard barbell stand? Thanks ahead of time.

For those of you that have purchased Cathe’s barbell and have had a standard barbell, can you tell me the difference? Also, does it fit the standard barbell stand? Thanks ahead of time.
Hi Ivy, there's a wide range of what can be classified as a standard barbell. Standard barbells typically have a 1 inch diameter which makes them compatible with 1 inch barbell plates. This is true of Cathe's bar as well. Standard barbells can range anywhere from 4 to 7 feet in length and can weight anywhere between 3 and 25 pounds before adding any weight plates. Cathe's bar falls into these ranges coming in at 53 inches long and 4.2 pounds without weight plates. As far as fitting into a barbell stand or squat rack, it would depend on the size of the stand (meaning the distance between the catches). Some stands are fixed and would require a certain minimum barbell length while others are independent and adjustable. I hope this helps.

Cathe’s barbell collars are great!!! I already have a couple barbells, but one had the spring things which were hard as you know what to get off. I ordered pair of Cathe’s
and they fit it just fine!

Hi Ivy, there's a wide range of what can be classified as a standard barbell. Standard barbells typically have a 1 inch diameter which makes them compatible with 1 inch barbell plates. This is true of Cathe's bar as well. Standard barbells can range anywhere from 4 to 7 feet in length and can weight anywhere between 3 and 25 pounds before adding any weight plates. Cathe's bar falls into these ranges coming in at 53 inches long and 4.2 pounds without weight plates. As far as fitting into a barbell stand or squat rack, it would depend on the size of the stand (meaning the distance between the catches). Some stands are fixed and would require a certain minimum barbell length while others are independent and adjustable. I hope this helps.
Thank you. That was very specific which is helpful. The fact that her barbell only weighs 4.2 pounds sounds appealing. I don’t think you can purchase it separately though, I already have plates.

Cathe’s barbell collars are great!!! I already have a couple barbells, but one had the spring things which were hard as you know what to get off. I ordered pair of Cathe’s
I bought a set of the barbell collars and one of mine broke after only a few uses. I didn’t bother to report it to shop Cathe.com because I just decided to use the clamps that came with my Danskin barbell. I don’t know what happened, I was changing weights while doing pyramid lower body and the little black piece inside just fell out. Not sure if I’ll buy another set.

Is it the black cushion inside? Because that's not really broken. If you still have it then I would just use strong adhesive to attach back.
One of the black cushions broke off and I put it back in, but apparently the other one came off too and I can't find it anywhere. I'm doing OK with the Danskin clamps because I have several sets of them and just used the ones that fit the tightest.

Cathe’s barbell clips are so good.
I bough a pair of of Amazon they’re good too but Cathe is just slightly smoother to release which make changing plates easier and quicker

Is there a big difference in length and weight with Cathe’s bar compared to the one she uses in her live class?

Well shoot I'm sorry to hear that ashaw
Thank you! I seriously have no idea where the other little black piece went because I’d know if I accidentally vacuumed it up. And I vacuum my workout room a lot because it’s also my bedroom and my sweet black lab mix Luca loves being in my room with me at night so I’m always on dog hair patrol. I’m fact I finished slide and glide double trouble cardio this morning and had a dog hair on my face!! Nothing worse than sweaty palms, push ups and dog hair on the floor.

One of the black cushions broke off and I put it back in, but apparently the other one came off too and I can't find it anywhere. I'm doing OK with the Danskin clamps because I have several sets of them and just used the ones that fit the tightest.
The dog ate it. I can't drop or lose anything - ever. If I do, I find it chewed up and drooly (not sure if that's a real word) in the dog's bed. He's really naughty. I never thought I'd find myself constantly saying, "What on earth are you chewing on? "What's in your mouth?" or "Open up - let me have that!" But... that's life with my dog. lol

The dog ate it. I can't drop or lose anything - ever. If I do, I find it chewed up and drooly (not sure if that's a real word) in the dog's bed. He's really naughty. I never thought I'd find myself constantly saying, "What on earth are you chewing on? "What's in your mouth?" or "Open up - let me have that!" But... that's life with my dog. lol
That’s funny.
just like my daughter and her dog

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.