Difference between Cardio Kicks and CTX Kickboxing

RedWingFan

Cathlete
Hi,

I was just wondering if these two workouts, Cardio Kicks and CTX Kickboxing, were kinda the same or very different.

Thanks.

Michelle:)

CardioKicks is 60 min; CTX I believe is around 30 min.

Hopefully someone else will respond with more details for you.
You can click on each video and read descriptions. They're very thorough.

Cardio Kicks is a longer, kickbox-only workout, whereas CTX Kickboxing has a shorter kickbox segment, plus a to-die-for plank and ab routine and one upper body strengthening segment (I forget which muscle group it targets).

Cardio kicks has a ~35 minute mid-range intensity standard kickbox segment, followed by a 15-minute power drill segment that really bangs the legs (and also the heart) and then the upper body and core with punching drills. Also to-die-for.

These two workouts also offer different choreography from the warm-up through the end of the cardio segments. CTX Kickbox has at least one mini-interval with my beloved "power scissors" (which Cathe now calls "explosive lunges" in the Body Blast series).

They're both good.

A-Jock

Thanks for the info.

A-Jock,

I also love the power scissor move...now that I can finally do them in the Imax workout. Took a lot of trial and error to get there, but I finally I made it. :)

Michelle

Michelle~She does TWENTY FOUR in a row! http://www.click-smilies.de/sammlung0304/grinser/grinning-smiley-041.gif[/img]
Your-Friend-In-Fitness, DebbieH http://www.handykult.de/plaudersmilies.de/wavey.gif[/img] If You Get The Choice To Sit It Out Or Dance...I Hope You DANCE!!!

Just want to add that Cardio Kicks requires more room than CTX KB does, in case that's an issue.

I can't even do 1. Is it me or what because when I try I feel like im going to break my legs. Maybe because of the carpet or maybe Im afraid that this will effect my knees.

Hi Everyone,

Barbara, it is not just you! I didn't even want to try to do scissors/explosive lunges. They scare me! :eek: Last week I used Supersets 3 times and I did the scissors each time, but I was terrified. I feel like I am going to break both my legs at once too. They didn't hurt my knees like I thought they would, but I wasn't comfortable. Why are they so hard? My thighs really hurt when I did them. I hate them, but I am going to do them again anyway. :p

How does Cardio Kicks compare to Kick Punch and Crunch? I love KPC!:) Does Cardio Kicks have hi/lo mixed in? I hate hi/lo! x( I have CXT Kickboxing;it has been a while since I've done it but I don't remember loving it the way I love KPC. I was thinking of ordering Cardio Kicks to alternate with KPC and step since I do not enjoy hi/lo cardio.

Frankie
;-)

Cardio Kicks has quite a bit of hi/lo to it and it takes up a lot of room. CTX kickboxing is more of a kickboxing workout and it doesn't take up near as much room as Cardio Kicks.

Re the space issue: actually, it's fairly easy to modify with substitute in-place moves for travelling moves so that you can do Cardio Kicks, or any routine that calls for travelling. And these modifiers can be any intensity level you want, from marches in place, steps side to side with lateral arm raises, to jumping jacks (heel jacks are even more moderate), calf pumps, power hops forward and back, power scissors / explosive lunges, and on up.

Don't let space considerations be the one thing that keeps you from getting Cardio Kicks. It's a very good workout.

A-Jock

I agree with A-Jock. My exercise room is not that big so I just modify by jumping higher. I love cardio kicks because it's so intense. I also enjoy CTX kickbox but CK is a higher level of intensity.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.