diet/eating programs that work for you...

icklemoley

Cathlete
hey guys its been a while.... i've been lurking for a long time.
looking forward to the new dvds (well, some). anway, hi to everyone. thought id see what programs/diets are working for you and share my own.

after trying pretty much every diet, low carb, high carb, high protein, fit for life, etc.... i've come across a program that works for me. it allows me to not be hungry and energy that i've never before had. ever.

breakfast.
half cup oat meal
1/4 cup of mixed seeds.
1 table spoon of butter
1 table spoon of coconut oil

lunch.
normally, salad.
greens.
chicken (4 slices)
bacon (4 slices)
ceaser dressing (full fat)
1 apple chopped up and added.

dinner.
roasted vegetables with lots of olive oil and coconut oil
some form of meat

snacks.
ricotta cheese with almonds

supplements 1 tablespoon of coconut oil 3x aday and 2 tablespoons of cod liver oil taken with a little bit of orange juice.

eating this way has allowed me to get lean, really lean and i'm able to never be hunry. plus it seems, the more real fat i eat, the better i feel. i guess its low carb, ish, around 60% fat, 20% protein and 20% carbs, but it works for me and i'd like to hear what works for you.

That doesn't sound too far off from what I eat, but instead of eating as much as you do for lunch, I eat alittle less and eat another meal...usually protein shake, before dinner. I am not surprised this is working for you. I can see that it would with the combinations you got going there. Good for you that you found something that works!!!

BTW, my lunch usually looks like this...

2 slices of chicken w/provolone cheese melted on top
Sweet Potato
Spinach or Broccoli
Yogurt w/peanuts

Charlotte~~

Hi Wayne....:)...how have you been?..

Glad you are having luck with a way of eating that works for you. I am still on the vegan/vegetarian wagon....and I like it alot...:)

I've been on the coconut oil bandwagon for a few years now your diet looks pretty similar to mine. I also take cod liver oil and add in raw dairy and lots of cultured/fermented foods. I do make sure to soak and/or sprout my nuts, seeds and grains before eating them. Glad to see you're enjoying the same results as I am-I'm loving my energy levels and saw no increase in weight when I went to full fat foods. I also eat WAY less!

I just wanted to say, "Hi Wayne!!". Did you ever figure out what was causing your embarassing problem?
It's great to see you on the forum!

Kathy

Ok, what's up with the cocunut oil?? Cocunut oil is one of the most saturated fats out there! Did I miss the latest news?????:eek:

Also wanted to shout hello to Wayne. I've missed you and am glad you posted!:)

To answer your question, I just eat everything in colorful moderation without counting calories, nutrient grams, etc. Seems to work for me, but my goals are general health/fitness, not to look as ripped as can be or compete or anything.

My diet is pretty similar except I would add a cup of low sugar yogurt (Dannon Light n Fit) and a piece of fruit to my breakfast. I would also eat 1 to 2 sausage patties with my oatmeal instead of seeds/nuts. I am not big on salads so lunch is usually some lean protein with vegetables, or homemade soup with half of a whole wheat pita or, like today, a chicken breast sandwich on whole grain bread with soup. I usually snack on nuts, fruit, or yogurt (sometimes, a combination of all three when I make my apple salad). No coconut or cod liver oil. I just take a multivitamin every day.

Is it just me? I can't see your picture.

Tracey
"Where there's a will, there's a way."

Janice,

He's not eating gobs of it so I think its OK.

Tracey
"Where there's a will, there's a way."

Coconut oil is made mostly of medium-chain triglycerides. These are absorbed directly by the small intestine and are less likely to be stored as fat than other fatty acids. It gives you energy and contains antibacterial, antifungal, and antiparasitical properties (from lauric acid, also found in butter in smaller amounts). I use it on my skin as a moisturizer. I won't put lotions containing rancid polyunsaturates on my skin! They cause wrinkles!

Many of the studies demonizing saturated fats were done when trans fat was lumped together with sat fats because the scientific world didn't see any difference. In fact, many studies used no actual saturated fat at all but reported effects from it, when the fat used was crisco or other shortening.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.