Did Insanity live up to its promises??

Pcramer

Cathlete
For those of you who are almost complete with the 60 days, did you experience all that Insanity promised??

Did you achieve in 60 days what would have taken you a year? Did you experience major fat loss?

I am in the Lean phase of CLX and have had great results so far (I am a very happy camper :D) and I want to continue having great results with what I do next. I am trying to decide between Insanity, P90X, or STS. I want to keep the fat loss ball rolling and I think Insanity would be a good followup after CLX .... but not if Insanity does not live up to all that it says that it is :confused:

Please share your thoughts and results.

Thanks!!!

My feedback comes with a caveat: I only did Insanity for about three weeks before stopping.

I liked Insanity, although there was a bit of a dread factor just because it is so tough, but the workouts were mostly fun and fast-paced, and I liked Shaun T. After completing the first week, I did notice a little weight loss, but the second week I was starving all the time (lots of intense cardio affects me this way - not just Insanity), so I gained it back promptly. That trend continued in the third week, so I stopped and changed my routine around.

Even in that short trial of Insanity, I noticed some small strength and cardio improvements, so that was good.

If you have super-strong willpower and can keep the reins on your eating habits, you'd probably get good results with Insanity. But if you keep your eating in line, you'll get good results with lots of things. I think it's probably great for cross-training, improving your cardio capacity or if you just like to sweat and push yourself super-duper hard.

I know I've read about some good results around here, so hopefully others who stuck it out will post results soon!

I am two days away from finishing the

rotation. I had no dread factor with the workouts and the 60 days flew by. Results are not that dramatic for me because I was already in good shape before I started (I already had a six pack, e.g.). However, I lost five pounds without trying and, looking at the increased definition, it must have been mostly fat.

My resting heart rate dropped 8 points. My cardio capacity is improved (and I consider workouts like the Terminator DVD and Runervals DVDS standard or normal).

Thanks for the feedback.... :)

I guess I am just going to have to give it go for myself and see what happens. :eek: I really like the drill work in CLX even though I am not that great at it yet.

Well if all else fails I can just alternate it with other workouts, right?!

I think I am going to hold off on STS until Shock Cardio come out that way I can do both simultaneously ;) (that's what I am really waiting for!!)

Thanks for the feedback.... :)

I think I am going to hold off on STS until Shock Cardio come out that way I can do both simultaneously ;) (that's what I am really waiting for!!)

I wanted to start STS next week but I am waiting on Shock Cardio.

My results are similar to Katerchen. I was already lean, but after insanity, am much leaner, in better cardio shape, and more defined. I highly recommend it!!!

My results are similar to Katerchen. I was already lean, but after insanity, am much leaner, in better cardio shape, and more defined. I highly recommend it!!!

Jan, I'm glad you got great results. How did you feel about the workout? I know it's tough, but was it enjoyable (in that odd, hard-workout way)? Was it too long? Too repetitious? I've been on the fence about it... I respect your fitness views and would love to hear your opinion about it. Thanks!

I can't speak to real results as I've only been doing Insanity for a couple of weeks, but I can speak to the workouts. I do find them fun. They push me in a different way than other workouts do. Even my DH who sees me work out in the AM as he readies himself for the gym, says that they look like fun and he wants to try them (and he has NEVER said that about any other program - I've been doing home videos for 9 years now).

I don't have the issue with eating as heavy weights make me starved and heavy cardio does not - so these have been a Godsend.

Now that being said, they are certainly not for everyone. Think BootCamp drills - they are similar to the cardio in BootCamp. I commented that Pure Cardio (which is the hardest I've done so far- I hear Max Cardio is even harder) is like taking the cardio from BootCamp and doing it twice back-to-back with NO breaks. He does 15 1 minute drills with no breaks - and he pushes ya. The others are more reverse intervals - 3-5 minutes of BootCamp/Drill Max drills with 30 seconds of rest. You repeat the drills three/four times. They are perfect for me right now as they get 'er done in a short amount of time. And I sweat like there is no tomorrow!

I just finished the Insanity rotation on Thursday and I am very pleased with the results. I lost more weight than I wanted to so i had to eat more to gain a couple pounds back, my abs have never been this defined ( I am a Pilates instructor) and my cardio capacity has majorly improved. I was already pretty lean and defined ( I have done P90x and X+ several times and had finished STS in May) but I haven't done this much hard cardio 5 days a week in a long time, I am much leaner in my legs and I have been able to retain strength gains from STS without lifting weights as well as becoming more "cut" in my arms, abs and legs. The workouts are very intense but I did not get tired of them, maybe because I really like Shaun's style- something that surprised me. This series was definitly worth the investment, I have recieved many positive comments from family, friends and strangers!!

brenda in Indiana

Kathryn,

I never dread doing Insanity. The second month workouts are longer and a little tougher, but I didn't feel they were too long. The way it's organized is a 10 minute warm-up, then about a 5 minute stretch, then back for the main workout. I always skip the stretch, as I hate to get all warmed up, cool down, then have to get back up again. So even though the time says 60 minutes, it ends up being about 45 minutes hard stuff.

I don't think the workouts are repetitious; you repeat a circuit 3 times then move on to another one. Over all, I am totally satisfied with the program. I didn't do it as suggested, because I'd never give up my heavy lifting. But I do it 2-3 times per week, use it as high intensity cardio, and always feel soooo accomplished when I'm done. It was well worth the money. :)

i never skip the stretch since your body should be warm during that time. i am dripping in sweat. compared to cathe, her warmup is not strenuous at all and the stretch is short.sometimes cathes is just as long so i skip it and stretch on my own. i might even use insanity instead of cathe for warmup and stretch before her dvds. i can also get a better workout in insanity.

laura

I am only on week 6/9 but I wanted to pipe in and say that I think this program is amazing. I'm doing it as said (b/c I have an all or nothing personality) and have really been impressed. It wipes me out unlike anything I've ever done. The energy is high and the workouts go quickly. I've now done all the "max" workouts (except for the recovery one) and they are AMAZING. I am gaining so much strength in my upper body - there are SO many push ups.

I would have to say my only complaint (and this really isn't a bad thing) is that I can't actually DO the workouts. I attempt them. I am huffing and puffing the whole way through and I have so much to work up to. I considered myself in pretty decent shape before I started but I know when I'm done, I'll be in phenomenal shape.

This is EXACTLY what I was looking for. I believe it is totally worth the money.

Keep in mind it is HARD. But I think with that comes an awesome sense of accomplishment.

I don't think you'll regret this purchase!

angie

Thanks!

Thanks, everybody, for the info and opinions about the workouts. I'm more tempted to get them now, and since I'm finishing STS for the second time on Oct. 9th (hooray!), I want a change of pace.

Maybe DH will do it with me. He's done much of STS with me, so maybe he'll want to give Shaun a try. That should be interesting! ;)

Insanity

I've seen Insanity for $99 on Shopcine.com. Has anyone ever heard of or ordered from this website?

Thanks

Oh my word!! I'm finally enabled! DH & I just watched the promo clip of this and we're going to do it together! Reading everyone's results is too tempting!
:D:D:D:D:D:D

This will keep my cardio needs pacified until Shock Cardio arrives!:D

I'm just starting my last week of Insanity, and am loving it! Like some others have said, I've been pleasantly surprised that I'm not sick of Shaun T by now. His personality is fun and encouraging, and I've been able to stick with just his workouts for the whole 60 days (whereas I couldn't handle more than three days a week of Tony H. when I tried to do P90X last year).

I haven't weighed myself for about five weeks, but my arms, abs, and legs have much more definition than they've ever had before. (The other day I even got a compliment from two interpreters in one of the classes I teach about how great my legs are! :D)

i always go by measuring my hips instead of a scale. week 1 of month1 i was wearing a size 8. now i'm on the last week of month 1 and can fit in my size 6 jeans.my waist is 27-26

laura

I am scheduled to complete my two months of Insanity on Wed. For me Insanity definitely lived up to the hype and it exceeded my expectations. Some of my results:

1.My resting heart rate has decreased and my cardio endurance has increased
2. My shoulders have great definition
3. My thighs slimmed down
4,My waist decreased 1 inch and my ab definition is rocking!

Shaun T's personality is really pleasant and is an added bonus to the already great workouts. He really pushes you without being overbearing. I actually clicked with him as an instructor. I am looking forward to "Double Insanity from him or even a weight workout program maybe called "Insane- weight workout"

I also enjoyed the fact that absolutely no equipment is needed just bring your body and your will! Another small added bonus was that men and women were included in all of the workouts so my DH was more inclined to try it with me.

As you can see- I really enjoyed this series and I am very pleased with my results. I would definitely recommend it! After Wed I still plan to incorporate the workouts into my cardio regime. I think that I will have Shaun T and Insanity withdrawal!

Regina

Last edited:
Hi. I am at the end of my recovery week and will be starting Month 2 tmrw so I am 5 weeks into the 9 week program. So far....

I've lost about 3 pounds (it doesn't sound like much but on this 5'3" body, it's a lot!) taking me down to my lowest weight in YEARS, I lost 1/2" on waist and 1/2" on each thigh and am able to fit back into (and rock!) my all time favorite pair of jeans which I had outgrown at the end of last summer and had about given up hope on ever getting back into! I am also noticing an increase in definition in my abs and I LOVE it!!!!

I am thrilled with the results I am getting and can't wait to see what Month 2 has in store for me! :D

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.