Did first Turbo Fire today

pjlippert

Cathlete
So, I did the Fire30 today. It was fun!! Not the level of Insanity but fun! I debated on sending it back. But I'm going to give a few more of them a try before I decide. I'll probably keep them because of the fun factor, though!!

Maybe it's just me but is sure seems like they tried to show as much skin as possible and a couple gals including Chalene could use a sturdier sports bra. :eek::eek:I'm pretty sure you can see the undergarments on one of the gals- ick! :rolleyes:

What are your thoughts so far?

Pam

I have heard great things about this workout series and I wish I had it! Give it some time and try some of the other workouts before you decide to return or shelve it. You could always send it to me to "test" it out for you completely! ;);)

So, I did the Fire30 today. It was fun!! Not the level of Insanity but fun! I debated on sending it back. But I'm going to give a few more of them a try before I decide. I'll probably keep them because of the fun factor, though!!

Maybe it's just me but is sure seems like they tried to show as much skin as possible and a couple gals including Chalene could use a sturdier sports bra. :eek::eek:I'm pretty sure you can see the undergarments on one of the gals- ick! :rolleyes:

What are your thoughts so far?

Pam

Pam - I notice that in most of Chalene's workouts. At least there aren't the close-up cleavage shots like there were in ChaLean Extreme. The skimpy workout clothing doesn't seem like anything new either. There seemed to be many people in the "audience" surgically enhanced so maybe they wanted to show off their purchases! I guess just because I workout in baggy sweats/shorts and a t-shirt doesn't mean everyone has to:p!

Having said all that, I am on day five of the rotation (Fire 55EZ today) and I am really enjoying it. The music is great and the time just flies by!

My only "criticism" of the actual workouts (if you want to call it a criticism) is that I would say the "form", on punches especially, leaves a lot to be desired. It moves super-fast so you really can't punch correctly or pivot on the foot correctly for punches like cross, hook, and uppercut. They are definitely no Cathe Kick, Punch, and Crunch. However, if you go into the workouts knowing they aren't true kickboxing workouts, they are VERY enjoyable.

Carrie

Hi Carrie,

that's funny about the showing off their purchases. I had only done Turbo Jam prior to this and they were all dressed a bit more conseratively. Like you, I workout in more modest attire! :p

I'm going to keep trying different ones. You're right about the arm moves, my brain can't keep up with super quick changing of the jabs, crosses, upper, etc.. :eek::eek::rolleyes: so I just end up doing some version of jabs and forgo form for the most part. :D

Thanks!
Pam

I find the lyrics in some of the series are a bit much, but that's because I'm previewing. I've done Fire 30, HiiT 15 and Core 20, and the music is very motivating when I'm not paying attention to the lyrics, lol. I find this series to be a lot of fun though :)

Pam,

I didn't really love Fire 30 the first time I did it either. But I decided to try the 5-day Inferno rotation and that one has us doing Fire 55 EZ and Fire 45, and I LOVE those!! I'd definitely give each of them a 2-3 time chance before decided whether or not to send it back. The more times I do them, the more fun I think they are! (And I didn't like Turbo Jam because I thought it was too sloppy.)

MC

I love the program and think it is a lot of fun. I did notice there are a lot of enhanced ladies in the class but there are some natural ones too. I am pretty flat chested but seeing them doesn't bother me. I am so impressed with everyone's fitness level and energy level. A lot of the tops they are wearing I would like to know where they come from because I think they are very cute.

The music has some lyrics that I wouldn't want my kids to listen to but I'm an adult and having fun with it.

I just think it is tons of fun.

I agree, I'm going to keep them as my go-to just for fun (but still good sweat) workouts. I did Muscle Endurance for the first time in a while today and holy moly I can hear the DOMS headin' this way!

Happy Wednesday!
Pam

I ordered TF today! I CANNOT wait to get it! I am a sucker for good music & this set seems like it will deliver!

I love my Turbo Fire!! I think the corny lyrics add to it, they make me smile when I'm ready to drop dead!! The only complaint I have is that the timer on the bottom is soooo small. I can't really see how much time is remaining, which is one thing I really liked about Turbo Jam. Otherwise it rocks!!

I'm on the fence about ordering this. I'm not a huge fan of the music in Turbo Jam. I typically really like the music Cathe uses (which offers a variety of music with only a little club/dance music).

I saw some of the previews and agree that some of the lyrics are a bit "goofy". I'm not sure if I would get past that or not. I can tolerate Turbo Jam in moderation (I never even tried to do a rotation since I know that Chalene would start to bug me). I did get through 10 weeks of CLX (with some cardio substitutions).

Is there anyone else who's lukewarm on Chalene's personality and the music she uses who has been able to enjoy Turbo Fire?

Trixie,

I agree, I feel like I have to get my face 2 inches from my TV screen to read the timer! At least I know when it turns red in the HiiT workouts that I need to kick it way up!!:D

The outfits don't bother me, at least they aren't wearing thong leotards from the 80's!!:eek:

Chalene's personality in this series seems appropriate, she's not over the top, but certainly has a lot of energy, I can definitely see from some past workouts how she could get annoying, but I'm not feeling any of that in Turbo Fire.

One thing I noticed, is so far, she is cueing (sp?) really well in these, much better than in TJ.

As the week went by, I started really liking the workouts even more, this program has really kick started my routine again. I have done Fire 30, HIIT 15, EZ 55 (not so ez!) and stretch 10 (don't like this one), I can't remember what's on the schedule for today. I added this to 3/week 30 minutes full body circuit workouts, and this is the first week I can actually see and feel some of the flab around my middle reducing.

I love Fire 30, especially the third combo, and I burned more calories in EZ 55 than even doing the entire KPC, and KPC is about my highest calorie burn workout.

The day I did HIIT 15, I ended up doing MMA fusion too, I just didn't think 15 minutes is enough of a workout, but don't get me wrong, I was sweating up a storm during that 15 minutes.

I am feeling very good about my TF purchase, and looking forward to trying more of the workouts.

I too love the Turbo Fire. My complaint is that she sometimes cues wrong - she'll say twist when it should be something else. That happened a lot in Turbo Jam too. I always am thinking, "Why couldn't they have edited that better?"
I love doing the workouts but I LOVE Cathe so much more. Cathe gives you a lot of information on what body parts you are working, proper form and such.
You can always try it for the 30 days and send it back if you don't like it! But, I'm going to keep mine!

So I did core 20 and sort of did stretch 40 yesterday. Can't say I am a fan, I don't like yoga anyway, so 40 minutes of that was too much for me, I won't be doing it again, I barely did half of it. The only stretch I enjoy is the STS extended stretch, so I'll use that on the long stretch days, and the core 20, seems like it has potential if I work it harder, but I feel nothing in my abs today, so I will probably sub those with an STS ab workout, I like the one with the ball a lot, and the program times are close.

So far, loving the HIIT and cardio, not liking the Stretch and Core. I'm concerned now about the Tone and Sculpt dvd, I will try them, but I'm getting the feeling, those might get replaced with alternatives too. I think they are coming up this week.

At this point I have tried all the cardio workouts, the stretch 10,and Core20.
I love this series. It is well produced, well thought out, well cued, and about as motivating as it comes.
The Hiit workouts are actually fun for me, and I never feel that way about alot of impact!
:D:D:D

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.