DGMT Sensational Saturday

marcy

Cathlete
Hi Ladies!

Looks like everyone had a nice Turkey Day. I had one as well. We had DH's aunt and DS and his friend for breakfast and then we met everyone else at the restaurant, then most came back to the house for coffee and cake.

Yesterday I did the Strong, Happy and Free practice from Power Yoga for Happiness. I did another new arm balance but I forget the name. I should be able to tell the names of some more. I'll be getting David Swenson's practice manual in a few days. I also did Mindy Mylrea's All About Abs - just the body weight section. At first it wasn't so bad but it got progressively harder and I couldn't even do the whole thing. Last night I had another dance workshop and I had a blast. Burned off whatever I may have gained from Thanksgiving. I still have to do LIS. DH is gone right now but I'm just not in the mood to work out right now and I had to catch up with all of you.

Deanie - I made the pumpkin cheesecake and it came out great. DS liked it. It was the first time I ever ate anything with pumpkin in it but I really liked it. I think it's okay to rest on Sat. and do kickbox on Sun since it's a cardio workout it won't affect you the next day when you do a strength workout. Sorry the door gym isn't working out for you. I have to go up a flight of stairs to my bedroom to do my chinups and it does get annoying.

Tracee - Sorry you won't be Xing with us but I'm glad you'll still be checking in with us.

Gin - Hope you enjoy Shiva's practice.

Marcy

Good Afternoon :)

No workout for me today! I will be doing BC tomorrow.

Marcy~ Your thanksgiving sounds very nice:) Its nice to be with family. My family used to meet my grandma and aunt and uncle at a halfway point restaurant every Thanksgiving. It was nice, and since I didn't like turkey, I always ordered veal parm. instead! LOL I'm glad you and your DS liked the cheesecake. We did too, and I'm amazed at how easy to make it was! I had to send the door gym back. I am going to use the band like the guy in the dvd till I can get a good bar for the door. Right now, I am leaning toward starting on sunday the 2nd. Would that work for you? I think Gin is going to start that day also.

I am very ticked off right now: my inlaws, and my DH's neice (long story) are coming Dec 7-8th and then my inlaws are coming again the following weekend. It is very hard to workout with them here. I usually try not to workout when they are here, just easier. My FIL has no respect for privacy(has walked into our(DH and I) bedroom with out knocking) and I don't like to be interupted when I workout (nor do I like to workout with him!) so I am going to have to re-arrange my workout scedule to fit it all in. I am a pretty easy going person, but not about my workouts! Okay, rant over, thanks for "listening":)

Gin/Tracee~ I hope you are having a nice day!

Deanie

Good Afternoon DMT!

I started to do Shiva'a yoga practice this morning and my back started to hurt again!x( So I had to quit. I saw a portion of Cathe on FitTV yesterday doing Low Max and I so wanted to jump right in there and join her. I plan on trying it tomorrow. Cross your fingers for me that I can!!

It is pouring, cold and dreary here and has been all day. I need to get out and run erands, but would rather stay in with this nasty weather.:eek:

Marcy--Glad you had a nice Thanksgiving.

Deanie--Sorry about your in-laws putting a crimp in your workout schedule. Can your DH talk to your FIL and ask that he give you 1 hour of uninterrupted time each day? That is certainly not unreasonable. I'm not sure I would worry about hurting some one's feelings that just walks into your bedroom with out knocking!
My SIL used to do that. Once she walked into my house(I had left front door unlocked!x( ) and I was in the walk-in closet on a ladder getting something down when she startled me. I nearly fell of the ladder when I saw her!

ETA: I plan on either doing the faux Cathe X or following whatever Dec. rotation she comes up with after this week, if that is okay with you guys.

Gin (who is so ready to get back into the exercise routine!!!)

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.