Determined!!

jistbrenda

Cathlete
Ok! This is for anyone who can help me... I have some of Cathes dvd's but not all by far... I need help with a rotation for the dvd's I have. I have them listed on here.. I can't seem to find a rotation in the rotation section that fits me for what I have. Here are my goals. I want to lose 50 lbs if not more this yr. I am closely watching what I eat and tracking it. I like to strength train, hate to do cardio, but I know I will have to do some. So, I really need a workout that will give me more wt workouts, possibly both combined is fine too. I am aslo looking to have some yoga in there. never have done it but I am hearing alot of good things about it. I am 41 and I weigh 240 lbs. heaviest ever! I am determined to get this off this yr! Pleeeeeeeeeeeeese! Someone help!!! :> Thanks Brenda

Hi Brenda:

I saw your other post earlier today, but thought I'd post this for you in case it would help some... These are some posts from the January '09 Cathe rotation thread... you can check it out here: http://www.thecathenation.com/forum/showthread.php?t=256339

but here are my suggestions when working with a limited workout library... I just started with Cathe's workouts about 4 months ago and only have less than a dozen DVD's, so I'm like you and have to be creative... I didn't know where to start either, so this is what I found during my hours of scouring the Cathe.com site and by lurking on the forums and asking questions :)

I don't have a lot of Cathe DVD's so I use the "Ultimate Guide" from Cathe.com (http://www.cathe.com/question/workout_rank.htm) and pick stubstitutes in the same catagory of what I am trying to do... ie: Drill Max is considered a circuit workout... so is Boot Camp, SJP, High Steps (all of them), etc... so I would select something I have... if I don't have anything in that catagory, then I would go with something close... I don't know exactly what DVD's you have but this is where I start The other thing I do is go to ShopCathe.com and if I don't know what the DVD includes, I just look it up, and preview the descriptions of the workouts... then I can decide from there how I will match with the rotation to what I have...

with those of us who do not have the entire Cathe library it makes it really tough to do rotations of any kind, but I just try to get as close as I can to the "intent" of the workout and see what I have that comes the closest... I think that at the most basic, you could divide the workouts into a few main catagories, such as Full Body, Lower Body, Upper Body, Cardio, etc.. and see what you have that can be plugged in on that day...

Hope that helps...

So basically I am using Cathe's rotation and substituting where I need to.

good luck...

Hi Brenda! Happy New Year! There are endless rotations that will get the job accomplished, but rather than overwhelm you with all of that, right now the main thing is to just get started with a basic rotation. So looking at the DVD’s you have and the goals you listed let’s try this:
WEEK ONE:
Monday: Butts and Guts
Tues: 30 minute walk/run combo (3 minute brisk walking/one minute running for 30 minutes total) plus Segment One of Total Body Stretching
Wed: Power Hour
Thurs: Yoga of your choice
Fri: 30 minute walk/run combo (3 minute brisk walking/one minute running for 30 minutes total) plus Segment One of Total Body Stretching
Sat: Power Hour
Sun: OFF

WEEK TWO:
Monday: Legs and Glutes
Tues: 20 minute bike ride followed by a 20 minute brisk walk PLUS segment one of core max
Wed: Push Pull
Thurs: Rhythmic Step
Fri: Supersets
Sat: 20 minute brisk walk followed by a yoga workout of your choice

WEEK THREE:
Mon: Pyramid Upper Body
Tues: Kick Punch and Crunch
Wed: Pyramid Lower Body
Thurs: 30 minute walk/run combo (3 minute brisk walking/one minute running for 30 minutes total) plus Segment One of Total Body Stretching
Fri: Yoga workout of your choice
Sat: Cardio and Weights

WEEK FOUR:
Mon: Muscle Endurance
Tues: 20 minute bike ride followed by a 20 minute brisk walk PLUS premix one of Ab Hits
Wed: Legs and Glutes
Thurs: Yoga of your choice
Fri: 30 minute walk/run combo (3 minute brisk walking/one minute running for 30 minutes total) plus Segment One of Stretch Max
Sat: Muscle Endurance

Ok! This is for anyone who can help me... I have some of Cathes dvd's but not all by far... I need help with a rotation for the dvd's I have. I have them listed on here.. I can't seem to find a rotation in the rotation section that fits me for what I have. Here are my goals. I want to lose 50 lbs if not more this yr. I am closely watching what I eat and tracking it. I like to strength train, hate to do cardio, but I know I will have to do some. So, I really need a workout that will give me more wt workouts, possibly both combined is fine too. I am aslo looking to have some yoga in there. never have done it but I am hearing alot of good things about it. I am 41 and I weigh 240 lbs. heaviest ever! I am determined to get this off this yr! Pleeeeeeeeeeeeese! Someone help!!! :> Thanks Brenda

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.