Details Please!

NancyAZ

Cathlete
The clock is ticking down to the fun of the Houston Road Trip! Can we please get some details about the agenda and any extracurricular plans (if any) that have been made?

Thank you!

Yes, and I'm especially interested in the Pre-event activities-what/when/where(???), since I booked an extra day at the hotel for the fun.

Well, actually I'm especially interested in anything and everything!
It's getting soooo close!:cool:

Howdy Texas Road Trippers :D

Yes it is getting very close and I'll share my thoughts of some pre-event ideas I had in mind and I'd love some feedback from all of you.

First, let me post a link the actual Road Trip Event Schedule (Fri/Sat/Sun) so that you have that too.

http://cathe.com/roadtrip/texas/event-info.php#eventSchedule

I will be arriving on Thursday afternoon and was thinking that I'd like to meet after dinner in order to give many Cathletes who are also arriving on Thursday a chance to join us.

Idea One: (If it is already dark after dinner, then this idea will not be possible)

A walk on the nature trails together

Idea Two:

Find a room to gather in and have an informal and intimate group chat. If your family is with you this would be a great time for them to stop by too. I'd love to meet them :D:D

Idea Three:

If the resources are available to us we can have a little NEW DVD REVIEW PARTY. We'll play about 15 to 20 minutes of each of the new workouts fresh off the press for you to enjoy :eek::eek:

Idea Four:

Make your own suggestion

Please share your thoughts as soon as possible. I will look into all of your feedback and next week I will announce which one we will go with.

:eek::eek::eek::eek:

Ideas #1 and #3 sound good to me. Naturally I would pick those since they depend on nature or resources:rolleyes:. Barring those possibilities, anything else sounds like fun to just get together informally and kick the weekend off.

Cathe,

Thank you so much for sharing some of your ideas with us and giving us the chance to vote for our preference. :) I'm like a kid at Christmas who can't wait for the new DVDs, so I vote for #3 to preview the DVDs if it is possible. Actually, if we could combine a meet and greet with a preview of the DVDs that would be so fun.

Can't wait to see you and the other Cathletes. :)

Two and three sound great to me! My husband and I will be there Thursday, and would enjoy the chance to spend more time with you. We are driving from Minnesota and are very excited to meet you. I have been working out with you for at least 18 years!

We are leaving home one week from today to start the drive to Texas.

Kim

Howdy Texas Road Trippers :D

Yes it is getting very close and I'll share my thoughts of some pre-event ideas I had in mind and I'd love some feedback from all of you.

First, let me post a link the actual Road Trip Event Schedule (Fri/Sat/Sun) so that you have that too.

http://cathe.com/roadtrip/texas/event-info.php#eventSchedule

I will be arriving on Thursday afternoon and was thinking that I'd like to meet after dinner in order to give many Cathletes who are also arriving on Thursday a chance to join us.

Idea One: (If it is already dark after dinner, then this idea will not be possible)

A walk on the nature trails together

Idea Two:

Find a room to gather in and have an informal and intimate group chat. If your family is with you this would be a great time for them to stop by too. I'd love to meet them :D:D

Idea Three:

If the resources are available to us we can have a little NEW DVD REVIEW PARTY. We'll play about 15 to 20 minutes of each of the new workouts fresh off the press for you to enjoy :eek::eek:

Idea Four:

Make your own suggestion

Please share your thoughts as soon as possible. I will look into all of your feedback and next week I will announce which one we will go with.

:eek::eek::eek::eek:

I'll be in Thursday afternoon. I would love a nice walk outside, the weather should be beautiful, as fall as finally hit Texas. I SUPER LOVE the DVD idea. I think just sitting outside chatting would be nice too. Maybe by the pool?

This is my first RT and I can barely contain my excitement!

Hi Cathe!:D
You said you'd pick one idea, so here is mine(which is an idea of a few ideas strung together!) Also, thanks to Pinky and Lorrayne for the inspiration!

It starts getting dark around 7:00pm, so if we want to get a nature walk in we could do a pre-dinner walk, then can eat dinner with our newly found friends, and old friends we've met at previous RTs(or other social networking venues), and you Cathe, if you are free. After dinner we could sit by the pool(or swim) in the warm temperature and continue the party (family could attend) with no-host dessert and/or beverages of choice. After that we could pre-view the new DVD's in one of the hotel Conference rooms.

Doesn't that sound like a fun-packed evening? :D

See you soon. Looking forward to tons of fun!

All of your ideas sound great. I live here, so I could do any of them.
How early are you thinking of starting? I normally teach piano lessons on Thursday and Friday and was going to try and still get them in, but if there is fun to be had, I'd rather be there. :)

I'm game for all the ideas -- especially idea number 3. I can't wait to get my hands on the new workouts.

How about Zumba, not necessarily for the pre-event activities, but, for one of the activities like you guys had at the NJ RT this year!;)

I heard (and saw on the web cam) that it was a TON of fun!

First RT

I live here in Houston and would enjoy meeting some experienced RT members - all your ideas sound great - maybe I can sneak away on Thursday - if not can't wait for Friday!!!

Not sure when I'm coming in yet, but I like the nature walk idea....the trails look amazing there! I also like someone's pool idea! The pool looks amazing too!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.