DEFINITION??

ABC123

HI ALL! I HAVE BEEN READING THIS FORUM FOR A WHILE NOW. I READ IT EVERY DAY. THIS IS MY FIRST QUESTION. I HAVE BEEN WORKING OUT WITH CATHE FOR ABOUT 6 MONTHS ALREADY AND WANTED ALL OF YOU OPINIONS ON WHICH VIDEO IS THE BEST FOR DEFINITION. (TOTAL BODY)I AM LOOKING AT BUYING A DVD. BUT I NEED HELP IN DECIDING WHICH ONE. THIS WILL BE MY FIRST DVD. I HAVE ABOUT 4 TAPES.

THANKS FOR YOUR HELP
CHRISTINA

My suggestion is the Power Hour + DVD... POwer Hour is great for tone and definition and alternating with the Max. Intensity Strength will give you great results. Plus, I sometimes substitute the upper body weights from Body Max for the MIS upper body for variation. (I'm not a big stepper... knee problems... so I skip the BodyMax step stuff.)

Another good one is The Pyramids. They are a seperate Upper body and Lower body workout, but you gain strength and definition, so I give that one two thumbs up! But you also get that with the MIS, and Power Hour dvd. You really can't go wrong with either of them.

Kathy

THE PYRAMIDS WERE ONR OF THE DVD'S I WAS LOOKING AT, ALONG WITH THE SLOW AND HEAVY SERIES. I DO HAVE BOOTCAMP AND ME. IS POWER HOUR SIMILER TO ME?

THANKS FOR YOUR INPUT
CHRISTINA

Power Hour and ME are quite similar. I think if you already have that you might go with the Pyramids because they are so much more modern than MIS and BodyMax. But, they're all good.

I second on the Pyramids. On the dvd it has the PUB and PLB but their is an option on their that combines the 2 to make a total body workout. Also the new Push and Pull and Superset is great and it has so much more premixes, but some of the weights are done on a stability ball.

Definition depends not only on how much muscle one has, but on how little fat it covering the muscle, so for good definition, you need to build the muscle (I find the Pyramids good for upper body especially), but also reduce the fat covering. Building more muscle with increase your metabolism somewhat, cardio will help burn calories, but another important factor is eating a diet that nourishes your body (a balance of protein/fat and unprocessed carbs as well as a variety of foods that contribute vitamins, minerals and antioxidants) without overfeeding you.

I HAVE BEEN GOING TO A GYM FOR THE PAST 6 YEARS, FAITHFULLY. BUT IN THE PAST 6 MONTHS SINCE I FOUND CATHE. I AM SEEING MORE OF A DIFFERENCE ESPECIALLY IN MY STRENGTH. MY DIET NEEDS IMPROVING THOUGH. I AM FINDING THAT I ENJOY WORKING OUT TO CATHE INSTEAD OF GOING TO THE GYM. I AM ON A BUDGET SO I WANT TO THANK YOU ALL FOR YOUR INPUT. I THINK I WILL GO WITH THE PYRAMIDS. AND EVENTUALLY BE ABLE TO GET SOME OF THE BB DVD'S THANKS AGAIN

CHRISTINA

Christina, for me diet was very important, cutting out all the bad carbs is my problem. I think the Pyramids are great, but I also like Slow & Heavy. I needed to use heavier weights to get definition, especially in my arms....Carole

Christina~The Pyramids are a great choice. I have all of Cathe's tapes and I have to say they are about my favorite workouts. You'll be very pleased. Keep us posted and let us know when you are ready for more!
Your-Friend-In-Fitness, DebbieH http://www.handykult.de/plaudersmilies.de/wavey.gif[/img] If You Get The Choice To Sit It Out Or Dance...I Hope You DANCE!!!

Christina,

I agree completely with the votes for PUB. I don't do much strength work for lower body, but PUB has done wonders for my upper half.

I did it 2 - 3 times per week this summer and had comments from several family members when I wore sleeveless shirts. I felt so great to have somebody notice.

Good Luck

Tina

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.