December Checkin Wednesday

banslug

Cathlete
IMax Day! Happy IMax Day, ladies! How are you all doing?????

In the spirit of the day, this morning I did IMax 3. I love this workout and it just seems to fly by. Even that interval #5 flew! I kept thinking you all were doing the exact same jumps, tucks, shuffles, repeaters, etc as I was!

Today...my focus is going to be whole-heartedly on my food intake. How about we challenge each other today? (Gin-great idea from yesterday.) I challenge each of you to proper, healthy, wholesome eating. For me, that's going to mean to eat within my points range, since I follow Weight Watchers' eating guidelines. HOW ABOUT IT? EVERYBODY WITH ME ON THAT?

BBL to check in!

Gayle

Good Morning All:)

Yes, I did Imax today- Imax 3. LOVED IT!!!! love the music, love the moves, had a blast!! Yes, I agree, even interval 5 flew by. I have to say, I think DM and BM2 helped make this workout today not as hard as it could be. I also did the CTX kickbox planks and rollups and HSChallenge abs today.

Gayle- count me in on the challenge! I also follow WW, how many points a day do you eat? sometimes I don't think I eat enough for doing Cathe 6 days a week. I'm allowed 26(maintenance) but usually only eat about 23. I am working on eating "clean" but it is hard, so I usually end up trying to eat healthy. I won't give up my yogert a day and I don't think that is "clean".

I am changing the rest of the week:
thurs: GS BBS
fri.: KPC
sat.: BM2 scrambled eggs
I don't want to work my legs hard with weights twice a week and I also wanted to take a full day off, and still not miss any cardio. I feel weird deviating from Cathes rotation because I am seeing results this week:) but I'll be back on track next week so it should be okay. I also have heard so much about the scrambled eggs premix from BM2 I want to try it.

Have a great day and happy workouts,
I'll try to BBL!

Deanie

"This is a Blast- act like you are having one!" Cathe Friedrich

Good morning, ladies!!

I have cardio on my rotation today, too, so I am going to give Kelly Coffey-Meyer's "Step Boxing" a whirl. I bought this off the Ya-Ya swap board and I'm pretty excited about it. It's gotten good reviews on VF and elsewhere.

I don't do WW but I will gladly accept the clean-eating challenge for the day. Goodness knows I really need it! Food is my downfall...

Have a great day, all!

Marie

Ok...great challenge. IMax Day coupled with Clean Eating Challenge! LOVE IT!

Deanie-I eat 21 points per day, plus my APs. I tend to save all my FPs for the weekend, but I think I'm going to change that up in the New Year and start splitting those 35 extra points up during the week.

Marie-enjoy your workout!

GAyle

I'm so glad we made this the IMAX day, I loved the challenge. I did IMAX2 and I haven't done that one in over a year so I wasn't sure I'd be able to make it all the way through. I made it and it felt great. Plus I added on LIC abs since I missed them yesterday.

I have to comment on yesterdays weight amounts some of you gals are lifting. Let me just say WOW! I don't think I'll ever work my way up to those numbers.

Eating is my downfall as well and the only thing that is holding me back from having a flatter stomach I think. I will try to eat better today but I have to say there are some yummy looking treats in our kitchen at work and they are calling my name. }(

I'm thinking about changing the scheduled workout tomorrow too because I also don't feel like working legs again. I'm not sure what I'm going to choose but I'll find something fun.

Have a healthy day ladies.

Tracee

Good morning ladies!

Today didn't start out well. I got up an hour late (was out late dancing last night and then didn't sleep well) and I almost gave up doing a workout but then I thought of all of you and couldn't miss my IMAX day so I did the warmup, intervals 1-6 and Kick Max stretch. I think interval 5 is my favorite - nice easy step combo and plie jacks. My problem intervals are #1 - fast feet/jumping on/off step, #4 - jumps, tuck jumps, jacks and #7 (forget what that was now, but that's usually a tough one also.)

Deanie - I also think DM helped me with the fast foot repeaters. They seemed a little easier in IMAX 3 but on the last set of these I tuckered out. Needed my inhaler after that but then I was fine. I'm with you tomorrow with GS BS&B.

Marie - Let us know how Step Boxing goes. I'm really curious about this workout.

I don't know if today is a good day for me for clean eating. I just had 2 cookies and today's my holiday party at work but I'll try to be as good as possible. Had 2 slices ww toast and peanut butter this morning and cranberry juice. But I did lose a pound since yesterday so hopefully today won't be too bad.

BBL. Have a great day.

Marcy

Good Morning ladies!
I did IMAX2 yesterday. I had a yoga class and ran 3 miles this morning and am planning on GS Overall Legs later after I deliver Meals on Wheels with my boys.
I also do Weight Watchers and try to stick to 25 pts. but really have been lazy about keeping track accurately lately. I figure that with all of the excercise I do I can afford to eat more, but I guess not. Weight Watchers has come up with a new system they announced at the mtgs this week. I plan to go before the end of the month since I am lifetime.

Gayle--I saw your pics of your basement gym and I am jealous!! It looks like a regular gym. Is that a puzzle mat you have? Been curious about that. Do you always run on a treadmill or ever outside?

Deanie--I am also wanting to do BMax2 Scrambled Eggs Premix.

Marie--How do you get on the ya-ya boards?

Have a great day!
Gin:)

Hi again all,

thought I'd pop on before I go out for the day! Looks like Imax day was a fun idea-

Marie- Is that your arm!!? It looks great!:)

Gayle & Gin- I don't use my FP's for WW- maybe I should. Alot of days I feel like I need to eat more. (of course then there's the whole problem of WHAT to eat- protein or carbs):)

Tracee- let us know what you end up doing for legs tommorrow. I was thinking originally of Low Max blast only and KM leg drills, but then I went with BM2 Scrambled eggs instead- wanted cardio.

Gin- scrambled eggs on Sat.?:)

Have a great day!

Deanie

"This is a Blast- act like you are having one!" Cathe Friedrich

Okay, just looked over my post- I've got alot of :) - I must be in a happy mood today- must be an Imax3 high :+ :+ :+

Deanie, LMAO! Not my arm, just one stolen off the Internet. :) Someday, though!

Marcy, I ended up bagging the Step-Boxing and doing TJ Kick Punch and Jam instead - I was just not in the mood to learn new choreo and I really wanted a solid cardio workout since there's not much cardio in this rotation. Kelly's form looks really good, though. I'm going to preview the thing in full later.

Gin, there are instructions for getting to the Ya Ya's board via videofitness.com... go to the general discussion board and look for the sticked post called "How to Get to Ya Ya's" or something similarly intuitive. :7

I knew today wasn't my day for clean eating. I couldn't resist the carrot cake and the tri-color cookies! I guess I'll start tomorrow.

Gayle - I'm jealous of your workout room too. You seem to have everything. Hopefully I'll have one like yours in another six months. When we get our new house, my DH knows one of them is my designated workout room.

Marcy

Hi, ladies. I cannot go BACk in my browser right now, so I HOPE I remember everything to say to you alL! LOL

First....the yaya website can be found at www.exboards.com. I believe that you can then register from there!

SEcond....what's on everybody's agenda for tomorrow? I LOVe working lower body, so I am going to keep it in...but thinking about doing the B&G Leg Blast Premix or whatever it's called.

Third....I bought myself some new workout clothes this morning! WOO HOO! LOL...the simple things make me happy.

Fourth...my workout room. Yes, puzzle mats on the floor, I think it's 4 sets of 4 each...16 mats. I need one more set though, with all the room that Drill MAx takes up! LOL. Running....depends. Treadmill on days that I simply want the simple task of going downstairs wearing whatever I woke up in. lol. But, lately I've been hitting the roads and LOVING it! The TM is also great for walking on while I watch a movie. Love doing that...keeps me out of the kitchen.

Fifth....Weight Watchers. I eat all my FPs each week and have never had a problem with that being too much food. With the 'enhanced' program, I actually have 21 total daily points now instead of 20. HMMMMM. lol

I think that's everything! YOU LADIES ROCK! Thanks for keeping the workouts in check for each other!

Gayle

I'm doing GS BS&B. Looking forward to upper body work since my legs have been really fried this week. Congrats on the new workout clothes. That would cheer me up too. I'm finally going to get on a treadmill again. I guess the only time I do it is when I'm on vacation. I get bored easily but I guess being able to watch a movie or your favorite show takes the boredom out of it.

Marcy

Deanie--Scrambled Eggs on Sat.??? Am I coming over for breakfast or do you mean the BMax2 Premix??;) Have you already done this one and lived to tell about it and are ready for more punishment??}( Actually, I try to rest on Sat. because I have been doing my long runs on Sun., but any other day would be good.

Marcy--Sweets are definitly my downfall!!:9 I love GS BSB. That just may be my fav.

Gayle--Thanks for the ya-ya site. I still plan to do GS Overall Legs today after I run some Christmas errands. You seem to know about the new WW plan already. Do you like?

Gin

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.