Dear Sick Coworker...

materialsgirl

Cathlete
Please take your sniffling, coughing, feverish @ss home and keep your germs the he!! away from me. You are not being a hero by coming in to work when you clearly are knocking on death's door. All you are doing is spreading your plague around so that the rest of us will become sick and bedridden and unable to do our jobs. That's right, YOU are costing this entire organization resources and productivity. Until you realize this and get your sick self out of here, I will be spraying Lysol over my cubicle wall at you every 30 minutes and wearing a face mask to avoid inhaling any of your germs.

Also, if you could please refrain from rolling over to my side of the cubicle in your chair, hoping to "have a chat", that would be great. I do not want to "have a chat" with you. Having a chat would involve you breathing in my general direction, and that, my friend, is unacceptable.

So please... for the love of Pete, GO HOME NOW!!!!!

Sincerely,
Your Healthy (for now) Coworker x(

P.S. The boss isn't even here this week. Who are you trying to impress by being here??? GO HOME!!!!

Lol, Emily I feel your pain! I had someone in my office the other day hacking and sneezing and saying "man, I think I'm coming down with the flu". As soon as she walked out, I sprayed the entire office down.

Amen, Dear Emily...the flu from hell that I am still getting over was brought to work by a loving co-worker. My DH wanted to murder him. :)

Lmao! Amen to that! Hey Emily can I print this out? This would look lovely on my desk ha ha ha. Take Airborne and tons of vitamin C just in case. I hope you don't get sick. Please take good care of yourself.

I have a feeling that's going to happen a lot at my place of employment. They just did away with vacation and sick leave, and went to general paid time off. It doesn't matter if you're sick or not - if you stay home, it comes out of PTO. ;(

I agree Emily but unfortunately most of my past bosses would probably DISAGREE! x(

In addition to that, my dad was a work-a-holic and my mom, while not being a work-a-holic, has to be REALLY sick in order to call out of work.

Needless to say, I grew up in an environment that screamed go to work unless you are DYING! LOL

Lucky for me I didn't listen!;)

>Needless to say, I grew up in an environment that screamed go
>to work unless you are DYING! LOL

You don't understand. My coworker IS dying!!! :p

I am fortunate that I work for a company where there isn't a limit on paid sick time, and my boss encourages people to stay home when they are sick (most of us can do at least some of our work from home anyway). Which means I am even more baffled by the presence of my sick coworker. WHY IS HE HERE??? The boss would want him to be at home. Everyone around him wants him to leave. He's not going to lose any vacation time if he leaves. ARGH! x(

I'd just have to tell him to GO HOME. I've done it before when I've had sick co-workers. It's really selfish on their part --especially when they have lots of sick time available. I don't work anymore, but I feel the same way about parents who send sick kids to school to infect the rest of the classroom, including my child. But I'm also a germ-phobe. Airborne and Zicam are wonderful things.

PS I love the spraying of the Lysol over into his cubicle. I'd do it excessively. If he doesn't go home, at least maybe he'll pass out from the fumes and you can lock him into a supply closet for the rest of the day. :)

Emily - I work in a very similar environment and it drives me absolutely batty when someone comes in to work when they are sick! We can work from home every but as affectively as we can from the office. We all use IM so we can show we ARE working, if we chose to impress. I have one co-worker who insists on being here when he's sick. I finally just flat out told him, "Go home. You're not doing us any favors by being here." He did, finally.

ITA with you Evily.

IMO, it's a toughness display, as in "See, I just coughed up my right lung but here I am working. I'll just swallow this baby back down and get back to it." Ever see that movie 'Outbreak' and the scene with germs flying out when the sick people cough or sneeze? Skeeves me out every time because it's so true to life. When sick, please keep your infectious butt home and don't come back until you're healthy. That goes for parents who send their clearly ill children to school and take down half the class.

Jonahnah
Chocolate IS the answer, regardless of the question.

But honestly, how productive can a person be when they are so sick? I;d tell your coworker that his colleagues do not appreciate his presence...one bit.

>IMO, it's a toughness display, as in "See, I just coughed up
>my right lung but here I am working. I'll just swallow this
>baby back down and get back to it."

BWAHAHAHA! OMG, that was the funniest thing I've ever read! Hysterical!

>Ever see that movie'Outbreak' and the scene with germs flying out >when the sick people cough or sneeze? Skeeves me out every time >because it's so true to life.

YES, YES!! I always say that to people! I'm like, "haven't you ever seen Outbreak?!?!--ya know, where the people are sneezing and coughing in the movie theater and you can see the germs fly all over and someone else breathe them in?!?!?!"

GROSS!

Allison

http://www.picturetrail.com/allisonj90

I'm not in the workforce as a stay-home mom, but I am so in agreement with you on this.

I could add--

Dear Parent of Sick Boy Scout:

or

Dear Parent of Sick Tae Kwon Do Student:

or

Dear Parent of Sick Sunday School Student:

I keep my sick and hacking kids at home, please return the favor.

Maggie:)

Allison,
So glad you've seen that movie too! Isn't it the worst thing ever to imagine those little germies flying around!?! Major ewwww!

Jonahnah
Chocolate IS the answer, regardless of the question.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.