Dasha Libin - 7 Day Lean

112toGuru

Cathlete
I haven't tried any of the Kettlebell Kickboxing, a little too frenetic for me ATM, I do think this new series is very interesting with all the mobility & bodyweight exercises, I'm about as bendy as a pitchfork.

Thoughts? Yay or nay.

I pre-ordered this series. I'll be doing a formal review for my website. I've never done any of the other KK workouts. Should be interesting. I'm looking forward to it!

Bummer...just got a call regarding the 7 Day Lean series and they made some last-minute changes which will delay shipment for a few more weeks.

Here's a link to my full review of Kettlebell Kickboxing's (Dasha Libin) 7 Day Lean Series:

Lucy Fit Personal Training | Helping Moms Live a Fit Life!

Thanks for the review...Know anyone who's doing the entire series/program?

Currently looking at this one & Piyo for fall, wondering if you knew of anyone who did the entire Piyo program? I've looked at many a review, and Piyo sounds like it's right up my alley, I'm 7 weeks into Chalean Extreme at the moment, adding my own variations on cardio with that, Hiit doesn't play a big part in my fitness philosophy ATM, but I like her HIIT. I'm getting enough core to with her strength work & my additions.

Care to compare Piyo to 7 Day Lean? Anyone out there have & do them both?

I decided to order this from Mary (thanks, Lucy, for the great review). Being in my early 50s, I want to incorporate more mobility work into my routine. I already have one of Dasha's DVD sets (first one, KettleBell/Kickbox).

I also just got Tracie Long's two new releases (Stronger Longer), which are targeted toward the needs of my demographic (age group). Previewed volume one this morning, and it looks great. The strength work moves slowly enough that I will be able to go heavy.

Thanks for the review...Know anyone who's doing the entire series/program? Currently looking at this one & Piyo for fall, wondering if you knew of anyone who did the entire Piyo program? I've looked at many a review, and Piyo sounds like it's right up my alley, I'm 7 weeks into Chalean Extreme at the moment, adding my own variations on cardio with that, Hiit doesn't play a big part in my fitness philosophy ATM, but I like her HIIT. I'm getting enough core to with her strength work & my additions. Care to compare Piyo to 7 Day Lean? Anyone out there have & do them both?

112toGuru ... I actually reviewed the complete PiYo program as well. It's completely objective too because I'm not a Beachbody coach. :)

http://www.lucyfitpt.com/#!Chalene-Johnsons-PiYo/cj6i/hx0stpwy20

Lucy Fit PT - yes i saw that, I was kind of looking to see if anyone had used the whole programs as designed; back when I first did a Tracy Anderson Method, there were a lot of early reviews that really didn't reflect the results I had. I had done her 30 day Method, bootcamp, prior to starting Meta & I knew what to expect, because I had already been doing the T.A. Method for a few weeks.

After 3 months, there was a measurable difference in balance, overall strength, and especially core strength (although that may have been due to me doing all or most of the dance cardio on the rebounder)

I think both these, Piyo & & 7 Day Lean, target the stabilizing muscles, it sure seems that way. I guess we'll know in a couple more weeks or months, when more reviews come out. The reason I ask is because these type of workouts are uncanny for producing results that aren't measured by high calorie burn, or even strict dieting (in my case anyway), yet produce weight loss, over all strength, and toning measured in inches lost.

I haven't really determined why the calories in calories out equation is unaffected by workouts that don't burn a lot of calories and are extremely low intensity. The one thing I did notice is that unlike running & other types of strength training & cardio, body weight exercises require activation of almost all of your muscle groups together, in different ways. I find that really difficult, but ultimately, extremely effective.

Thank you for both reviews. :)

112toGuru:

I love how you are following your own path, doing workouts that you like and finding what is effective for you and keeps you happy, regardless of what current fitness trends might dictate. A woman driving her own bus, steering her own boat, yes indeed.

Clare

I'm not any different than any body else, I'm just doing some of the workouts other people did years ago, and I came to some (a lot) of the same conclusions they did about them. I like them for the same reasons & would repeat the same programs for the same reasons. It's non - Cathe, though.

I am pretty happy about all the workouts I'm doing, and that's a good thing.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.