Damage Control

I've been keeping up with my workouts, but need to do better with my nutrition. There has been more junk in the house I eat even though it's not really what I want. Amanda eats healthy too. Lots of fruits and veggies, smoothies and juicing etc. It's nice to have someone else in the house to eat all these veggies with me.

The girls' mom is planning on moving back to CO. She is looking for work while she is here. She's been applying like crazy. Hopefully something will come through for her. We did have a little party with just us for them, but we are having a larger party this next Sunday. I think there will be 12 of us.

I'm still doing thewkout's Dec challenge each day. It is mostly weight training followed by 20 minutes of cardio. I either do high knees or the elliptical. Although I did get out my step and did 20 min of that. It was fun.

I think it's supposed to be in the 50's today so we may finally be able to go walk around the lakes.

Hope you are having a great weekend.

Keeping up with workouts with a houseful and a full time job is awesome. I come home from work some nights too tired, but then I feel better if I take the time to do a workout. From what I can see at work, nobody is doing very well with nutrition/weight with the pandemic. One thing I try to do is every time I have a cookie or donut I eat a piece of fruit at the same time. This way I don't eat just the cookie, but balance it with something healthier.

Just watching soccer this weekend. Did some meal prep-soup for the week. Nothing too crazy around here! My dad has 3 sisters-two of them have covid now. Neither of them take it very seriously, so this may be a wake up call.

Enjoy 50 degrees! It's 19 here with the wind.

Beth

Well it was a nice visit with the girls and their mom. They left yesterday. She applied for a ton of jobs while she was here. She plans on moving here within the next month or so. I wanted her to leave the girls here, but they did want to go home so they could say goodbye to their friends. They are doing remote school for the rest of the year so they can do that from here.

Last week was quite lacking on the workout front. We walked around the lakes Tuesday or Wednesday last week and then did a workout on Saturday morning. We had a birthday party for the girls on Sunday. Hoping to get back to my normal routine tomorrow. I have to work tonight, but I will have Friday off and am trying to schedule a massage and facial. It's time to reign in the diet. There has been so many sweets and junk food around and I'm happy to throw it out tonight.

My MIL was able to get her first Covid vaccine and has an appt for the second. We are all very happy to hear that.

How are you and your family doing?

Finally getting back to my workout routine. I worked out yesterday and today. The birthday cake needs to go since I find myself eating the frosting. yikes. I'm off work tomorrow and have a massage scheduled for the afternoon. I hope to get my closet together, still a few more things to get through and then I can get get rid of the chest of drawers and dresser in our room. Things seem to really be coming together on the home front now.

Hope all is well with you and your family.

Hello,

Rolling along here in the frigid temperatures! Not much walking this past week. I'm still doing Lives and adding in some metabolics for a little cardio factor. On the plus side my vegetarian diet and limiting of process foods has helped me maintain my weight. I even put a pair of pants that zipped and buttoned yesterday! I took Friday and Monday off and its been nice sleeping in the last few days. Thursday I got my second dose of the vaccine! I was achy and had chills on Friday, but some Tylenol took care of that. DH was scheduled to get his on Tuesday-an hour away-but we had a snow/ice storm so he had to cancel. They are not rescheduling yet and supply is VERY limited. So frustrating!

Today is my dad's 77th birthday. I called him. I can be upset about things, but in the end will just have to accept it if we're to have any kind of relationship in his final years. DH thinks that I'm too forgiving...he thinks I should stay mad/angry. I just don't have the energy to do that-maybe I am a pushover. Maybe I should go to counseling instead of dumping it on you?! Thanks for listening.

I am so happy the girls are moving back! What a blessing. Your home is gorgeous and only getting better the longer you are there. Enjoy! Do what you feel like with working out-you've had a lot of changes lately with moving and the girls. Plus your job is intense. Upper-Lower split is my sweet spot right now and if I get two of each during the week I consider it a win and everything else is just a bonus.

Beth

I've started checking in a couple times this week, but it was a pretty rough work week. Lots of problems to deal with. I did get a workout in on Monday, walked on Tuesday and finally got in another w/o yesterday. Today will be back and triceps and 20 min on the elliptical. I've been adding in one day of yoga-about 30 minutes each week.

I think our community center is opening back up with longer hours and allowing more people in the gym. You still have to reserve a spot and wear a mask. I was only in there one time and that was before we bought the house. I may try to find some time to check it out and even get in a workout. I'm thinking legs, since I can't really go heavy on legs at home. I'm still waiting for DS1 to put together my squat rack. You know, the one I got for my birthday back in September.

I'm sorry for what you are going through with your parents. I'm more than happen to listen, having gone through this myself. I'm pretty much over it but it took a long time. I think you are doing the right thing. Life is too short to stay mad and angry.

So glad its the weekend. I don't know if I have allergies, but it sure feels like it. I don't feel sick, but have been sneezing a lot and go between congested and runny nose. I'm going to look for some OTC meds today.

Happy Weekend!

Well, I'm still just being cordial and don't know how long it will take me to get over things-if ever. I have decided to move forward though and change some aspects of my life. I have also decided to try some therapy-can't hurt, right! I don't know about doing it with zoom, though. So we'll see what I can come up with.

I have had a really good weekend-sleeping better and got two walks in yesterday plus an upper body workout. I made a nice mushroom barley soup for dinner and am just zoning out during projects/cleaning. Not worrying about other stuff I need to do and just focusing on the task at hand has calmed my mind.

Liverpool plays today and it's super bowl tonight so we're having a fire and I'll read and watch the commercials probably!

Glad to hear you got some workouts in last week. Heavy leg weights at the gym sounds like a great plan! Take care of yourself and don't work too hard!

Beth

Oh yes, it's Super Bowl Sunday. Thankfully, just my youngest will be here today. It will be a pretty quiet day here. I'm looking forward to the commercials too!

I'm heading down to workout and then I have a facial this afternoon. I had scheduled one back in December before Christmas, but it was cancelled due to the aesthetician being out sick. This is the first chance I've had to get there. I'm really looking forward to it. I'm going to hit up Koh's afterwards and see if they have anything I "need" with my 30% off coupon. I'm thinking an extra set of sheets for one of my kids would be good and a new shower curtain liner.

I hope you find what you need from therapy or just working through it on your own. I'm sorry you are going through this. {{HUGS}} Enjoy the your soccer and football filled day today!

ttyl

How is your week going? I took Monday off and did an upper body weight workout after work tonight. Have you gotten any workouts in? How was the facial? Not much going on here. I'm planning on a kickbox tomorrow night and a lower body weight work on Thursday.

Beth

It's been a very hectic work week. I worked out on Tuesday and will get something in this morning. I'm off today and have a massage appt this afternoon. My workout schedule has been overtaken by work lately.

DH has been asked if he's interested in a promotion. He would have to go back to day shift, which I prefer but he doesn't. He's going to go ahead and apply for it and we will see what happens. If he does get it, it wouldn't start until April or May. That would be a good time for me to start getting up at 5am and doing my workouts before work.

My son put together my squat rack this week. I'm looking forward to using it today. I'll send you a picture. I had also bought bands to do assisted pullups. Hopefully I'll be able to do them unassisted soon. :) The bands also came with some attachments so I'm going download the guide for the bands to see all the cool new moves I can do. :)

We are getting the arctic cold air right now. It is 3 degrees with a high of 14 today and a low of -3 tonight. The coldest day will be Sunday with a high of 3 and low of -15. Next week we should go back up to the 30's and 40's which is normal for this time of year.

My only plan for the weekend is to clean the house. We still have a few boxes of miscellaneous items in our bedroom that I would like to tackle. Also, my office has become a storage area as we move things from one place to another. I want to take care of all that and get my office cleaned and dusted. There is so much dust living in a new development.

I'll check back in tomorrow. ttyl

How is your weekend? Did you get your house clean? The organizing never seems to end. I've been contemplating forgiveness before my next session.

You are so lucky to get a squat rack! I saw a back exercise yesterday that looked doable: you load up a barbell, put a band around the long end and while sitting on the floor do rows-holding the band with your feet against the plates at the close end. I just might get the barbell out of the basement to try it!

Last week I took Monday and Friday off. Yesterday was a walk and upper body-I did 4 Day Split upper body premix. I was using 25 for the one arm rows and am sore today! Today is walk and lower body-going to do the 2019 leg day from the roadtrip. It's 50 minutes and is 3 exercises 2x through with a band finisher. It's fun, low impact, and I can make it as hard as I want and just pause it if I need to.

DH and I planned a trip-we're going to Cleveland to the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame the first weekend in April. We'll both be over a month vaccinated by then and can drive there in 5 hours and just get out of dodge for a few days. I can't wait! I also booked a mani-pedi for March 1st so am looking forward to that.

Stay safe and warm!

Beth

Today was a heavy leg workout. I used by my new squat rack and was able to go much heaver. I was limited before to what I could pick up from the floor and get over my head safely. I did squats and lunges with 75lbs and deadlifts with 94lbs. Hope I can walk tomorrow. Many moons ago I was able to lift more than that. Yesterday was core, and I can really feel it today. This is the end of the December challenge I was following. I started it in mid January. I'm looking at their January rotation to see if I want to do that or just pick up with daily workouts. My hips are hurting today. I think it's arthritis, but I'm not sure. It's definitely in the bones though. I've been spending time stretching in the evenings before bed.

No, my house is not clean. I did both upstairs bathroom and cleaned and re-sealed the shower glass. I can not express how much I hate shower glass. A shower curtain is cheap, quick and easy to replace. The shower glass is lot more maintenance. Today I'm cleaning my office and doing laundry. My office is the dumping ground and I'm tired of all this crap in here. It is also very dusty, ugh. Time to clean of the desk and the electronics.

The temps are in the negatives which is not the norm for Colorado. We have a couple more days of cold but then it will warmup quickly with a high of 50 for Saturday. I did go out and shovel the driveway and sidewalk on the side of the house. Someone took care of the front walk on our entire street. :) The only part that got cold was my fingers, and I was wearing gloves.

Nice job with your workouts!!! 25lbs is no joke. Your road trip sounds awesome. A mani/pedi sounds wonderful and you deserve it! You rarely treat yourself. You are a hard worker and should treat yourself much more often than you do.

ttyl

I can't believe it's almost Friday! Monday I did a boxing workout. Tuesday was off. Last night was Low Impact then upper body and core-one of the lives. Tonight was another fun live called Iron Legs.

Have you gotten any workouts in this week? How did your office space turn out?

DH is starting to talk about prepping in case we lose power-I think he watches too much news!

Beth

No, I have not gotten in any workouts this week. Tomorrow should be a lighter day at work so I should be able to get something in. I should take a look at some of the Lives tonight and pick one for tomorrow.

My office still needs some work. I'm still waiting on my file cabinet that was ordered in Oct. and that will help a lot. I have some large plastic totes in my office. They were used for all our DVD's when we moved but now they are empty. I would like to use them for long term storage and get rid of more boxes. They are clear plastic so we could at least see what's in them. We still have stuff to go through in the garage, but probably won't get to that until the weather warms up. I think there is still a bunch of junk that we can just get rid off.

I'm looking for a new car. I'm going to test drive a Toyota 4runner and see what I think. My Rogue just isn't big enough for my family. It's fine for me, but it doesn't have enough head or leg room for my 6'3" son. It's also tight when we go to the mountains and want to take the girls bikes etc. DH drives it all the time as it gets 30mpg. My oldest told me to look at the Lexus RX350, but the head and leg room isn't any better than the Rogue. I'm really just looking for a mid size SUV.

On the home front, we have to get the backyard installed by June 30th. I'm still getting estimates. I hate spending thousands of dollars on rock. UGH.

My DH said the other day that he was tired of cleaning the house. Oh my, really? There are no words. I feel like I've cleaned the house for years, but since he is only working 3 days per week he's been doing it-(as he should). I try to take care of the bathrooms every week, but he has been doing the rest. Women really get the short end of the stick-we have so many responsibilities on top of working full time.

ttyl

I'm in another training class this week. Sometimes I feel like I'm in school again. I hate taking tests but I have to get these certifications completed. We have 30 days after the class ends to take the test. It stresses me out so much.

I was able to workout Friday/Saturday/Sunday and a quick 30 min cardio/ab circuit this morning. I should be able to get a wkout in on on Tues and Thursday, not sure about Wednesday yet.

How is your week going?

Weekends I get decent walks and an upper and lower body weight work out in. Mondays I end up taking off after doubles on the weekend. I get a couple of workouts in during the week and then start over. I'm averaging 300 minutes a week-not as much as summer time, but I think it's pretty good for the dead of winter!

Tonight I have a semi annual dentist appointment-an hour away. We'll leave at 5:30 after work and then get home close to 9 depending on how long it takes in the office. Last night was book club on zoom which was fun. We're discussing meeting outside in April-depends on the weather. Most of the ladies are in the midst of shots-there is one millennial who isn't eligible yet, so we'll see. Then Thursday night I'm getting my hair trimmed- so it's a busy week for me! I'm going to try to do workout Wed., Thurs., and Fri. after work, but it'll depend on how I feel.

I've been reading about how a person becomes something that they want to be. It's a mindset to help you reach your goals. First I need to figure out what I want!

Beth

I did end up just doing workouts on Wednesday and Friday. Wednesday was a heavy leg day and last night was a live called Metabolic Madness. According to my note card it is super fun and 45 minutes-and it was! I just did what I felt like doing. Today I'm hoping to get in a long outdoor walk and another live.

How was your week? Per my therapist I saw my family doctor and I'm experiencing panic attacks. I'm trialing a medication for it-if it'll help me catch my breath it will be working.

Not much else going on. Making a new recipe later today from the McDougall cookbook called Barley with vegetables.

Beth

I had another stressful week. Honestly I'm exhausted and just feeling out of sorts. This training and testing is very stressful for me. I only worked out on Monday, the other days were filled with issues and training. We have 30 days to take the test. I want to take it sooner so I can stop stressing about it.

My weight is on the rise again. I just can't seem to get it under control. It doesn't help that I'm stress eater either. I've been trying to increase my water intake and adding the juice of 1 lemon to my 32 oz of water. It's so hard when I'm tied to my desk all the time. I'm also sticking to 16/8 fasting. I never lost any weight with fasting, but I did feel better when I was doing it.

I've been following the monthly challenges on thewkout platform. Its been a lot of weight training and a little cardio. My body requires more cardio and it looks like their March Challenge is going to include more cardio. I'm currently working through the Jan challenge but am ready to pick up with the March challenge. I know more cardio works better for me.

I'm looking into the bio-identical hormones-pellets. Do you have any information on these? I like that they are customized to what my body needs instead of just the estrogen patch.

I'm happy to have a day off today. I was off yesterday, but was gone most of the day getting my haircut and visiting my son. I also stopped at the store and made homemade chicken enchiladas for dinner last night. They were delicious! Later today I'm going to start getting my files into my new file cabinet. It looks so nice and it is much larger than the the 2 drawers we had in the old desk.

Happy Saturday!!

Glad you had a good day off! You should get more considering all those long days you put in. Those I've known to go on the bio identical hormones have really like them. A girl at work has been doing intermittent fasting and eats from about 11 AM to 6 PM. She is down 14 pounds in 3 months and loves it. Her food choices are getting better, too she said. She does a shake around 11, snacks on some stuff and then has dinner at 5:30 after she gets off work.

My weekend was good. I got a lot of walks in and did an upper and lower body weight workout. My manicure and pedicure was rescheduled from yesterday to next weekend which I'm kind of glad about since it will give my nails more time to grow a little-I keep them pretty short!

At least Monday is done-have a good week!

Beth

I logged in to work on Sunday and I'm glad I did. I didn't know I was on call this week and there are daily activities that need to be completed before the 7am meeting. Whew. I've studied over the weekend and last night for the certification test. I'm taking tonight off from studying though.

My workout this morning was a cardio/UB circuit and abs. I really need the extra cardio. The weather was 60 and sunny today. Finally warm enough to go enjoy a walk around lakes late this afternoon. I feel so much better just being outside.

I'm not drinking any alcohol this month. It's not helping my weight loss efforts and I don't think I need to be having a glass of wine every night, or every other night. Not everyone loses weight fasting and I seem to be one of those. I do feel better though and am in more control of what I eat. I've also been increasing my water intake. I'm pretty good now at getting a minimum of 96oz but am working towards 128oz.

I purchased one of those percussion massagers. It just arrived today and I can't wait to try it out on my neck/shoulder problem area.

I have a bit of work to do tonight.

ttyl

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.