Damage Control...Week of March 6th

Did my first sub-30 3-miler this morning. 29:49, including 4 hills. Happy dance. :D

Last edited:
Disc 10 + half of BC abs...DONE!:)

Great job LauraR! You rock! Congrats!:D I remember my running accomplishments fondly...no matter how big or how small. BEST.FEELING.EVER!!!!!

Good Morning,

I have been up since 6:25, had training at 7. I think that was my first early morning this week. Why does it seem slower on my week off? Next week everyone will be wanting my time!:mad:

Here is how my yesterday went. Tell me if this isn't nuts. DH went to book the trip and I went for a run with my running partner. The stun arse that she is, she decided to do one of her insanity dvds before we ran:rolleyes: Needless to say, I was running and talking and felt great. She on the other hand had to take a detour. We are gonna try it again today. There is no doubt that my pace is faster then it was last fall. By the time I got home I had done 12.6 k in 57 mins. I was doing a 4:38 km. I get home and my friend is here to workout, with her 3 yrs old. DH as been driving around town looking for me b/c the only time we can go is on the 14th,which I didn't wanna do. I then have to call my mom to see if she can swing it, then I have to call my sister to see if she can help. While I am on the phone my brother blows in with his two little girls. About 10 mins after that his wife and aunt blow in. About 10 mins after that my other brother and his family blow in! In was madness. All these people here, tied in with a friend who is trying to get a workout in. My running partner who walked the rest of the way home was here. Needless to say, I was happy when my 4 o'clock canceled. It gave me time to regroup when everyone left.

Anyway...trip is booked for the 14th of April. And we are going to the Dominican Republic and not Cuba.

LauraR** Nice run. And Wendy is right...those accomplishments are awesome. No matter how big or small!

Wendy** Are you sore today? My legs are still sore from the run I did a couple of days ago but I may be able to suck it up and do a leg workout today. I usually do two a week but I haven't done any! I guess i will have to consider my run a leg workout!

Diana** Yes..in laws are coming with us and I can not tell you the amount of people who think this is weird. I was a little ticked b/c I have to rely fully on my own family to help. I don't know why they just didn't go with someone their own age. With that being said Im sure we will be fine. She keeps talking about not sitting next to me at the beach! Oh well.....

I may bbl! Happy Friday everyone!

Lori:)

Diana:: Hope you find S90 soon! So excited for you to be getting the tower. Does this mean you will STS again soon? My mom took me out for my first legal drink after work the day I turned 21. I worked for her company as a temp at the time so we went out with people from work. It was a lot of fun. Used to have a picture some where of me drinking my first shot...well, the first shot SHE knew about anyway! ;) LOL

Lori:: I am trying to squeeze in 2 leg work outs as well. STS ofcourse but then something that's much more endurance based w/floor work too. This morning I didn't feel any DOMS but now I have some mild DOMS in my quads. Quad DOMS for me is rare since I quit running so it makes me happy. :)

Good Morning Ladies,

I just placed my order for the STS tower. I did use the 15% off discount, but am not really happy about the $36 shipping cost. Oh well, I will have it soon enough and will be so happy.

My legs are so sore this morning. We did band work in bootcamp, and I'm definitely feeling it today. The shoulders are bit sore too, I guess from PUB. Not sure what my workout will be this morning, probably a shorter cardio will do.

I'm going to tell my friend that borrowed Insanity, that I want them back the end of this month. I would like to do my heavy wt training (ms. fit) combined with Insanity. Its a nice combo since I can do Insanity in the morning and weights at the rec ctr at lunch. Until then I'm going to try running a few times per week. Yesterday was great and I may run again at lunch.

Tomorrow may end up being a rest day.
9am-laser apt
1-3-Interview Class at the college
3:15-haircut
6:30-niece's bday party

Wendy-Absolutely, I would love to do another round of STS, just not right now. Have you done any of the plyo leg w/o's? With summer approaching, I want to focus on lower body-my trouble area. Running has always helped in the past as did Insanity. Obviously I don't want to forgo UB so that's where the heavy lifting comes in.

LauraR-congrats on your PR!!! One of the reasons I like running is because I'm not competing with anyone else. Simply doing the best I can do for me.

Lori-Wow, what a day you had yesterday. Glad you got your vacation booked. If you were taking a family vacation with the kids, it would seem more reasonable that the grandparents were going...in essence to help take care of the kids. But since it's just you and DH and another couple, yeah I think its a bit strange that they want to come along.

LauraT-I hate stinkin' band work! We did mtn climbers with the tubing around each foot and we held the middle of the band with our hands-UGH. We also did this....standing in the tubing holding the handles at our sides or up by our shoulders, step out to the right into a deep lunge, then jump together twice...then the left side. Similar to a plyo jack with 2 jumps, but a step into a deep lunge. Then we used the tubing as a harness with a partner: feet on gliding discs...facing your partner....squat low and walk fast backwards while the partner is pulling the harness....can you say ham and quad killer! Oh yeah, and lets not forget the cross back lunges with the tubing. Did I mention I HATE BAND work! Just offering some torture you can share with your class!!!:p

Happy Friday Ladies!

Diana:: Holy cow! $36 for shipping? Yeah, that's a lot but sometimes ya just gotta say WTH, right? ;) I plan to use Insanity after my STS is completed. I want to combine it with some type of low weight/high rep lifting. I have lots of choices for that so it should be fun putting together a rotation when the time comes. :p I've only done one of the plyo legs routines one time. I am going to save them for when I get to Meso 3 where they belong. It will encourage me to do that Meso as it's what I am least excited about but I DO want to do the Plyo Leg work outs!!!

Last edited:
TGIF

I dont think I could make it if it wasnt FRIDAY - work was insane ystdy - pia was GOOFING off as usual I was working in her spot and didnt get out of here till 45 min late - which made me 20 min late for my class :mad::mad::mad::mad: have I mentioned how much I **** her???? NOT TO MENTION .. she is in kiss@$$ mode and doing a bang up job at it .. I dont get it:mad::mad::mad: anyway .. the stress made for one H### of a workout last night - FULL OUT plyo class nonstop sweatfest!!!! :eek:

LauraR - WTG on the run .. woot woot!!!

Lori - good gosh woman what a day you had - sounds like you were ready to RUN away :p I dont blame you .. one thing after another .. I hate that!! Congrats on booking the trip - we looked at the Dominican Republic for our trip - but opted against it (i am a scardy cat)

Wendy - I am considering a P90X round :eek: or a mish mosh of P90X and STS - need to get heavy upper body work going on ...

Di - OMG .. AWESOME workout - my class wont like you if I do all that - but sounds sooooo much fun {{ evil wheels turining in slightly twisted brain of mine}}}}

OK.. so today is heavy legs in the gym ..and a run after work ..gonna try it again .. my leg has been fine this week .. so if it happens tonight I KNOW it is the COMBO that is going on!!! Have a great one .. and COME ON 5:00 .. I soooooo wanna get out of here! I hope to keep to myslef rest of day .. hopefully - need duct tape to glue mouth shut!!!!

LauraT...Sorry about PIA being a...well...PIA! :p:mad: I have had P90X on the brain and S90 on the brain and Insanity on the brain. I've got so many rotations swirling around in my head! It's a wonder I can stay focused on STS! :p After I finish my Insanity rotation (post STS ofcourse) I think I want to go for an S90 rotation and then maybe another round of Insanity (or THE ASYLUM!:eek:) :D and then finally maybe P90X. We'll see what happens. ;) Good luck with the leg! I hope it holds out for you! *fingers crossed!*

Last edited:
Hi Ladies,

I should be heading out running but I'm not really feeling it. I even brought my garmin today. May just have to suck it up and head out for a bit.

If I do decide to skip it, I'm hitting the Walgreen's near my work for S90. I'm almost wondering if it's just not available in my state yet. Oh, I did HIIT DWP this morning!

LauraT-sorry you are not have a good Friday. Oh yes, I've been thinking of doing P90X also. I'm having the same problem Wendy is....too many rotations to choose from.

Wendy-I'm looking forward to using the STS tower for meso 2 and 3. I may just do those 2 meso's again, but skip meso 1. Too many ideas swirling around in my head.

bbl

Diana:: Push yourself to go for that run. You'll be glad that you did. :) I just ordered a barre work out to use with my tower. I have a recovery week coming up from STS next week. Can't wait to try it! I am hoping I will like it and be able to utilize it during my Insanity rotation. :D

Last edited:
Hey girls!

Just popping in to say hi! :) I haven't been on the boards in... um, forever, but decided to stop by today. I used to hang around with Wendy and the rest of the Cheetah clan back in the day. ;) (BTW, OMG, LauraR, how ARE you doing??? It's been ages!!!)

I hope you won't mind if I stop in a few times a week on the check in. With the craziness that is my life, it probably won't be every single day. :D (I'm a SAHM with a kindergartner, preschooler, and 10 mo old twins, and a DH who's currently working out of town several days a week. :eek:) I'm looking forward to getting to know those of you I haven't yet met!

On the fitness front, things here have been going pretty well. I've got about 20 pounds of baby weight yet to drop until I'm back to my pre-pregnancy weight. (With the twins I gained roughly 50, eek!) Right now I'm doing a TF/CLX hybrid rotation and loving it. I'm also training for a century ride in September with my DH and some friends.

Best wishes to all, and hope to chat soon!!! ♥

Last edited:
Wendy-sorry to disappoint, I didn't run....but I FOUND SUPREME 90!!!!! This was like the 5th Walgreens, okay probably only 4th...but I finally have them in hands now!! So which one do I start with? Tomorrow is STS TB and cardio....I'm looking at Tabata Inferno right now! My Saturday is packed, not sure I can get 2 w/o's in.

Brighton-Welcome to our check-in. Any friend of Wendy's is a friend of ours! Wow, you must have your hands full. About me...I work full time, have 3 sons (23, 21, 15) and twin granddaughters who are 3. Does TF stand for Turbo Fire??? I love chalene, but sold CLX as I prefer traditional lifting. I loved the cardio w/o's though! Her personality and energy really work for me. I've been holding off on turbo fire, but it is on my wish list.

Brighton--Wow! Awesome to see you! I've been off the boards for a while, too, and just got back on a few months ago with this check-in. Wow! Twins! That's gotta be crazy. Because of tight ITBs, I laid off running and just got back into it in the fall. Only about a month ago I finally worked up to running a full 3 miles without any kind of walk break. Yesterday I ran the 3 miles in less than 30 minutes for the first time in recent months.

Just now I finished Circuit Blast. What a fun workout. But today I had to kind of umph my way through it. I've been doing a total body detox, and I just went to Step 2 with a slightly higher amount of the cleanser. So I was a little sluggish today. Still not bad.

We have more visitors from the States, so I'm off again to visit with them.

Hey girls!

Just popping in to say hi! :) I haven't been on the boards in... um, forever, but decided to stop by today. I used to hang around with Wendy and the rest of the Cheetah clan back in the day. ;) (BTW, OMG, LauraR, how ARE you doing??? It's been ages!!!)

I hope you won't mind if I stop in a few times a week on the check in. With the craziness that is my life, it probably won't be every single day. :D (I'm a SAHM with a kindergartner, preschooler, and 10 mo old twins, and a DH who's currently working out of town several days a week. :eek:) I'm looking forward to getting to know those of you I haven't yet met!

On the fitness front, things here have been going pretty well. I've got about 20 pounds of baby weight yet to drop until I'm back to my pre-pregnancy weight. (With the twins I gained roughly 50, eek!) Right now I'm doing a TF/CLX hybrid rotation and loving it. I'm also training for a century ride in September with my DH and some friends.

Best wishes to all, and hope to chat soon!!! ♥

Hi Tiffany! So great to see you here! Stop by as often as you like! Miss you at check ins! Glad you are doing well. I must commend you on your mommy skills. I couldn't do it. :p Awesome job fitting in work outs AND training for a ride with 4 little ones! You rock! Hope to see you here often!HUGS!

Good Morning Ladies.

Today's plan is Disc 12 + cardio and abs. I am letting the anal side of me go and doing discs 11 and 12 out of order this weekend so that I can get Meso 1 DONE! I just did Disc 10 y'day so I really am not sure how I could handle Disc 11 today. Thinking working legs is a better idea and then I can work back/tris tmrw. Very excited to get 'er done I tell you! :D

Beyond that, I have a to do list a mile long since I got NOTHING accomplished last weekend. :rolleyes: Hopefully I can "LORI" my way through it all! ;):)

LauraR...Circuit Blast is fun! Total body detox...cleanser? Do tell!

Last edited:
Good Morning Ladies,

I have a very busy day ahead of me also. My first real laser appt is this morning at 9am. The laser tech said it will take 7-14 mos for all the hair to be gone. Light hair is a lot harder to destroy.:mad: Dark har only takes about 4-6 sessions. I will have a treatment every 4 weeks.

I should have plenty of time to work out after that and before my Interviewing class at 1pm. I plan on doing STS TB but am quite interested in S90. Writing up a rotation would be a good idea for me. Who knows, it may be another round of STS once my tower arrives!

Wendy-Do you know if all the S90 Cardio w/o's incorporate weights? That's what it looked like on the preview. I rearranged the w/o's to fit my schedule too. What will you be doing this next week, your official rest week from STS?

LauraR-a detox, spill the details girl. I haven't done one of those for a couple of years. The one I did included drinking lemon water for basically 3-5 days and then adding in certain vegetables. It was a 10 day cleanse. I think I've only done Circuit Blast once...I loved the music but not the layout of the exercises.

Lori-what are you up to today?

Laura-hope you have a wonderful weekend!

Diana, I haven't done all of the work outs but I think they do all incorporate weights in some fashion with the exception of Ultimate Ball which is a core/ab work out all done with/on the stability ball. It's fantastic, btw! :) Let us know how the laser treatment goes. I'm still very interested! ;)

Well I got my cardio + abs out of the way this morning with LIS cardio and LIC abs. Off to run errands and then I'll dig into Disc 12 this afternoon at some point.

I'm sure I'll be popping back in when I get home later!:)

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.