Damage Control Week of June 6th

gidget1978

Cathlete
Good Morning:)

I'm up before work to get my workout in. I have a feeling that I am going to have two training sessions after work so it's best I get mine out of the way. I'm not sure what I'm going to do. I am thinking 30 mins on the TM and some weights.

Diana** I am trying not stress about the scale and I know it's not the time to worry but I'm only 6 weeks for crying out loud. Just wanted it to take a break from going up,up,up:rolleyes:.

Wendy** That's a good idea to take your own food to the fair. Fair food sucks! I bet Joey had a great time!

O.k...so its the beginning of week 6 and I still feel fine. I have been sick everytime yet so if I don't start getting sick I will think something is wrong. Weird how that works, isn't it??

BBL!
Lori:)

Good Morning,

Is it Monday already? UGH. Since starting this eating healthy challenge, my weight had been down each day except for yesterday when it stayed the same as Saturday's weight. Today I'm up a # which is very discouraging. I was hoping to get under this sticking point that I have by midweek, but it's not going to happen if the scale is moving in the wrong direction.

Today will be a shorter cardio and abs. Either a HIIT or CCC would be good for this morning. My favorite bootcamp class starts tonight! It will be tough, but a lot of fun too!

Lori-have you made your Dr. appt yet? Remember, in the beginning the weight gain is water. It's probably since you knew so early that you were expecting. Most of us don't even realize until we are 6-8 weeks along!

What's the rest of the gang up to today?

Morning Glories.

This morning's work out was KCM NYC Body Sculpting Cappuccino Premix which is all of the leg work in the work out. All but one exercise is body weight and the one that is not uses light weights so it was perfect for me. I followed that up with the step combos and blasts from LIC and then did the non boxing cardio from KCM's Circuit Burn 2x thru and CB's ab work. It was a good full hour work out. Loved it!

I am still not ready to start M3. Although there's definite improvement, I am not 100% yet and do not want to push it with such heavy lifting. I will wait it out. Thinking of starting M3 this coming weekend. A 2 week recovery shouldn't kill me, should it?? No matter what happens it's better then trying to do it too soon and hurting myself or bringing on another attack of the arthritis! :eek:

Diana:: Sorry the scale is up today but try and relax. Keep doing what you are doing and it will come back down. Who knows why it might have gone up but I am sure it's only temporary! You are doing great with this challenge! Don't give up! :)

Lori:: Fair food DOES suck but only from a healthy/weight watching standpoint...from a yumminess standpoint I do admit that I still LOVE it! If I hadn't eaten HALF of a pizza on friday night I would have induldged y'day but I wasn't allowing myself to do both. No way! :eek: Perhaps you should stay off the scale for a while. Sounds like you are on your way to driving yourself insane over it! Relax! You are pregnant and know full well that no matter how much you gain, you will lose it in a heartbeat after the baby is born!!!:)

MONDAY

Morning Glories!!!

Had an EXCELLENT weekend :cool: loads of sun - CABS - relaxing - exercising - time w/furbabies and family and DH - just a great time!! :D Started STS Meso 2 and EEEEEEOOOOWWWWWWCCCCHHH :eek: :confused: my arms are FRIED - big time!!! forgot what killer those back to back sets w/heavy weights are!! YIKES :eek:

Lori - stop stressing - since u are not sick yet - it may be your bodies way of "stocking up" for the upcoming morning sickness! :confused: :eek: ?? and I am like DI - that didnt sound like much food at all .. girl you are eating for TWO!!!!!

Wendy - hoping the neck issues get better - WTG on planning ahead to avoid the FAIR food!! good thinking!!!

Di - if you are like me - the very thought of actually having to be in a "competition" of sorts w/others - my body sabatoges itself to my dismay! Hang in there - dont get discouraged - it will turn around!!! Do you HAVE to weigh every day????

OK .. my arms are so fried - think the only thing I can manage at lunch is ERRANDs!!! Tonight is circuit class! Ok .. have a great one!;)

Hey Girls

Today's workout was GS Chest and Shoulders. 30 mins on the TM and 10 mins on the bike. I was happy with that. I have been kept going since I came in, lots to do. I was suppose to have a flight at 11:10...but whaddya know..it won't be here until dinner time now which means I will have to come back:confused:

Diana** Sorry the stupid scale isn't doing what you want it to do:confused:. I felt great when I woke up, then kind of icky later but Im ok again now. I can't remember with DS when it kicked in. I am thinking this week or next.

Wendy** I hear ya on the fair food. But it taste better then it makes us feel. I always feel so gross after eating that stuff.

Laura** Technically if I am eating for two plus working out, I should get a ton more cals right?;) I need a extra 300 for baby and more for my exercise...LOL. Sounds like you had a nice weekend.

Ok...I should go do some more work. I will bbl!

Laura:: Glad you had a fantastic weekend! That's always a plus! :D Yeah, I knew I needed to avoid the fair food after my run in with the pizza pie on friday night! :p It's a constant give and take! ;)

Lori:: What a bummer about the late plane. Nice work out! I'm with the others...you don't sound like you are eating enough! Now's the time to eat like a pig cause you can get away with it! ;) LOL You KNOW I am only kidding about the eating like a pig thing, right!? :eek:

Hi ladies,

My day was spent in meetings...yuck. At least I have action items and plenty of time to get them done the next few days.

This morning was CCC, fun and tough at the same time! Bootcamp class starts tonight. The first class is usually a little shorter since we have to fill out paperwork, the instructor goes over safety and staying hydrated in heat etc. I'm really looking forward to it though!

My first physical therapy appt is next Tuesday. We'll see how that goes. I'm hoping they will give me some exercises I can do at home.

Wendy-nice w/o today! Good idea holding off on meso 3 until your neck is 100%. Hope it gets there quickly. ITA w/Lori, the fair food may seem good at the time, but you definitely pay for it later. Your self control is amazing to me.

Lori-I guess having a flexible schedule includes being on call at times. What a pain though when your not planning on going back to work.

Laura-glad you had a wonderful weekend! No, I don't have to weigh myself everyday but I am during this challenge. Otherwise I usually weigh every few days to once a week.

bb in the a.m.

Good Morning:)

What a nap I had! I went to bed with DS, moved to my own bed at 12:30 and woke up on my own at 6. I must have had 9 hours of sleep!:D

My boss is away today which is awesome. I am going to take my PT book, although tues's are usually a busy day. Even if I get to finish the chapter I have been reading. Its taken me long enough, I should probably just start over.:eek:

Wendy** Eating like a pig sounds like a good plan;) Didn't work out well the last time though. It's funny b/c as soon as I found out I was pregnant and we were going through one of the drive thru's, I thought I can have one of those smoothies now cause I'm pregnant! LOL Imagine?! Then I said to myself "would I want that if I weren't pregnant?" So I didn't get it!:confused:

Diana** Meetings would put me right to sleep!:eek: Nice workout yesterday! I won't be doing CCC for a while either! LOL Sticking to my lame running.....Oh well...as long as I keep moving. I guess I shouldn't complain about work b/c Im only there 5 days every 2 weeks!

Not sure what my workout will be. Another GS body part and then cardio I would imagine. I will def bbl with no one around at work:D

Morning Ladies,

Wow, I'm beat this morning and had to drag myself out of bed. I set up my workout area last night for Back & Triceps this morning.

I'm sore from bootcamp last night. I think it's all the running. We started off with a timed mile and then did ladders/suicides running, crossovers, backpedaling. We also did pushups, dips, walking lunges, and situps. My hamstrings and calves are sore.

Lori-I didn't realize you weren't working as much. Hope you get your reading done today. How nice for you to finally get some much needed sleep.

bbl

:D *Happy Dances into the thread* :D

Good Morning Ladies!

After 2 days of my weight being up, I got on the scale this moring and low and behold, I DID IT! I not only reached my goal but my weight is BELOW it by .4!! WOOT WOOT! :D This seems to be the way my weight works-after a loss I stay even for a few days and then I go up for a few days and when I come back down it's usually all the way down to the next loss but it still takes me by surprise every time it happens! :)

So I decided to give light weights a try with Circuit Max this morning and I did fine! She starts off with a couple of shoulder/leg moves that I made all legs b/c I wanted to go super light with shoulders right now b/c of my arthritis but didn't want to take away from my legs so I lifted heavier for legs only for those parts added in my own light shoulder work at the end of the work out. I hadn't done that work out in years. Not nearly as intense as Cardio Kicks which is on the same DVD but I enjoyed it! :)

Diana:: I was waiting for you to weigh yourself and report a loss this morning because the trend I just described sounds like what might happen for you but you didn't weigh yourself! BUMMER! :( Glad you enjoyed BC class last night. Good luck w/PT. I hope it works for you! Meetings suck-excuse my french. They are usually snoozers. :rolleyes: TY re my self control. I only have it when I want it though. I can give in just as easily as anyone else!! Take friday's night dinner for example! :eek::p

Lori:: Cherish your alone time at work today. So you aren't buying the eating like a pig cause you are pg thing huh? LOL I was half and half when I was pg. Sometimes I was good about food and sometimes...not so much! :p This is why I gained 40# instead of just say 30# I guess. Oh well. :rolleyes:

Wendy-I did weigh myself and my weight is back down below what is was...Yaaayyyy! I just forgot to mention it. Down a total of 4.8 since 6/1/11. I'm .9 away from the weight I've been unable to get below in years...literally. Still hoping it happens for me this week. Nice job modifying the w/o this morning!

TUE

Hey ..

last night class was AWESOME@@@@@@ :D:D:D I incorporated some of the bodyrock exercises in my circuit routine - did step segment - body rock segment - plyo step segment - body exercise segment! IT was AWESOME!! class loved it .. we all were drenched tho!!! FUN and different!!!

Di - YUP .. my class prbly cussing you for showing me bodyrock site - but they will thank you later - it worked great into my routine - it is sorta kinda like what I do but w/a different twist/flava!!!! ;) thanks!!! CONGRATS on weight loss!!! WOOT WOOT!!!

Lori - ok .. a smoothie is piggin out??? you are crazy girl!!! Now a smoothie w/fries is pigging out!! LOL ...

Wendy - WOOOOHOOOOOO CONGRATS on reaching your goal .. that is FREAKING AWESOME!!! :eek: :D:D:D:D not that any of us had any doubts that you would reach it!! ;)

OK .. so I am on cash counter today .. it is still insane .. if I didnt know better I would swear it is full moon .. but guess not! CRAP - tonight is mish mosh class - I am going to add in some more body rock stuff w/my own mish mosh stuff .. should be quite interesting!!!! have a great one!;)

Laura/Diana:: I still have yet to try a BodyRock work out. I keep looking at the site but I find it impossible to pick a work out to try!:confused::rolleyes: HELP ME!:p

Laura:: TY re the weight loss. I had given up hope of ever getting below 130# again. I still remember before the other Laura took off on her state-side vacation that we were talking about just wanting to be below 130# and I said 129 would make me happy! Now here I am at just under 125! Thank goodness Jen got me interested in WW or I'd still be struggling! :rolleyes:

Hi Ladies,

Popping in from work... I didn't get to finish my w/o this morning.:mad: I only have a few exercises to go. DH wanted me to talk to DS about "not doing his chores" paying rent etc..... I don't want to do the hard stuff, I'm the nice Mom!

Wendy-Way to go on the wt loss!!!! Yep, 1 more lb and will break my plateau. I'm cautiously optimistic! My next bodyrock workout is going to be the ab focused one. BODYROCK.tv | Fitness Advice, Workout Videos, Health & Fitness | Bodyrock.tv It's only 12 minutes, but it looks tough.

Laura-so glad you were able to steal some of Zuzana's moves to torture your class with!!! I really like her personality! I was drenched too but now I know to bring a towel with me.:p

DIANA: After lots of looking I finally settled on a Body Rock work out for the morning. If it kills me I am leaving word to come after YOU! ;) LOL

Good Morning Body Rockers! ;)

So I chose to do Zuzana's 20 minute cardio interval work out that consists of 5 (I think) exercises done for 8 rounds each of 20 secs of work and 10 secs of rest. I followed that up with LIS Step minus the blasts and all 3 ab segments from BBC Back and Shoulders with Joey aka eye candy. :D

BBIAB!:cool:

Happy Hump Day!!!

HELLO ladies!!!

OK .. mark it down in history "LAURA GOT HER @$$ UP OUT OF BED AND WORKED OUT BEFORE GETTING READY FOR WORK - YEESSSSSS I DID - 60 MIN - STS MESO 2 - 2ND WEEK BIS AND BACK " :eek: ... :D .. yes I am proud of myself and giving me major pats on the back!! MY ARMS ARE FRIED .. but have to admit feels good getting it out of the way. The weights are not bad getting up early for - but I coudlnt say same for cardio - no way - I am just not awake enough!!! :eek: Last night mish mosh was AWESOME - did a bootcamp style mish mosh w/ each segment starting off w/ 180 - 230 varied jumping jacks - then KB swings -plank work - then weights - then weighted plyo -then some bodyrock killer stuff thrown in for fun :eek:yesssssss .. was AWESOME!!!!! :D

Wendy - do the bodyrock 600 rep workout - I would love to know your time and what you think!!! Totally kickarse - totally sweatfest - totally SPENT afterwards - that is what I am adding into my classes as a twisted twist on my reg exercises!!!

Di - boooooo on having to discuss laying down the law to DS - crap - he could have let you finish your workout b-4 tackling a touchy subject .. LOL!!!

Lori - OK - I had pregnancy dreams last night :confused: and NOT good ones :mad: has that morning sickness kicked in yet? When do you go to doc?

OK .. so now that I have my workout out of the way - I MAY tackle heavy legs in the gym at lunch - ?? - this afternoon DH and I are going out of town on errands and out to eat!!! (ie: the motivation that got my arse out of bed this morning) :p OK .. gotta run .. have a great one! ;)

Laura:: ^5's for getting up and working out this morning!!! It's really soooo worth it and not so bad once you get used to it...assuming you get enough sleep the night before! ;) You'd rather lift early? Really? :eek: I prefer to do cardio early in the morning hands down! I looked at the 600 rep work out and my eyes glazed over in fear! :eek::p Okay okay, I'll try it...dare I say as early as tmrw morning perhaps?? :eek: I just don't want any DOMS to interfere with my starting M3 on Saturday! Do you think I'd be okay? I have Friday as a total rest day which should work in my favor.

ETA:: Another ? on the 600 rep work out. Her written list of the exercises are in a different order from the picture descriptions and IDK how that compares to the order they are done in the video. Which order should I follow??

Last edited:
Hi ladies,

I just did a piss poor job of Intensity. It was like I had two left feet or had never done the workout. There were so many mis-steps and I had to rewind several times. I finally got through the whole thing and was glad to be done with it.

The guy is here to fix the blower so we should have our AC back in business by early afternoon.

Laura-Woo Hoo, gotta love the morning workouts! Nice Job! How does your class like the bodyrock additions? Enjoy heavy leg training. I'm only doing STS for legs right now.

Wendy-So what did you think of the bodyrock w/o you did this morning? I followed the video. I actually took my laptop to the basement and reviewed each move before I did it for the first round. I didn't need it for the second round. You should be fine...it's mostly cardio anyway. My legs were a tad tired on the second round of scissor jumps.

Lori-what are you up to today?

bbl

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.