Damage Control November

Work is so busy. I was hoping to quit early today but my boss is on PTO and I'm his backup. Since I don't have a company phone, I need to be online. Yesterday was a BR w/o in the morning and a walk at lunch. I was reviewing my w/o calendar and realized that I have done Discs 7 and 9 - 3 times and disc 8 twice. No wonder I was getting bored with them. I'm doing each disc twice and I clearly didn't do a good job of it. The weather is supposed to be high 50's and sunny tomorrow. That makes for a great running day. My weight is holding steady and it is so frustrating. I try to focus more on clean eating and being grateful for what my body can do and worry less about the scale. For my breakfast, I just put it in a bowl and eat it like cereal. One of David's co-workers wants me to do a couple triathlons with her next summer. I'm thinking about it. Are you hosting Thanksgiving tomorrow? Will your son be coming home for the long weekend?

All I've got planned for today is my core work and maybe a walk. It's only 35 here and we have snow flurries. Clean eating and gratitude are where it's at. I know it's easier said than done. Yesterday I had a little chocolate eclair at work. I enjoyed it!

My mom insists on having Thanksgiving this year. No, DS1 will be on his own in Cali (with his dog :). What are you guys doing?

Beth

I did a BR w/o this morning and walked at lunch. It was sunny and 60, I wore shorts! I'll pick back up with STS on Friday and start on week 4. The cleaning lady brought us a cake today from Whole Foods. How cool is that! I'm making a triple layer brownie dessert. It has 3 different flavors of ganache between each layer. One is white chocolate, one is dark chocolate and one is semi sweet chocolate. It will be delicious! I'm also bringing roasted veggies. We are going to my nieces house. It is normally at her mom's house (my SIL), but my SIL had surgery on Monday so my niece is hosting this year. It's a very large but fun family affair. There will probably be between 60 to 75 people there.

I made it through another 10K yesterday! It was bit cooler than I had but overall I feel pretty good about it. It took me 65 minutes, a bit faster that the last one. I did walk a couple times for about 20-30 seconds just to catch my breath. We had a wonderful Thanksgiving at my nieces house. I don't have any Black Friday shopping to do. It's so nice to just stay home and not fight the crowds. I may be doing some online ordering today. I will be working out later today. I hurt my wrist doing burpees/pushups. I've been wearing a wrist brace on it at night and I think it's getting better.

How was you Thanksgiving? What are you up to today?

Hello!

Happy Thanksgiving! Wow 65 people at one meal. You are very blessed. We only had 7, but had a lovely time. I ate too much, of course, but am recommitted today. Your chocolate cake sounded delicious with the three layers!

I didn't know you were doing another run-congrats! I do not feel like shopping. I slept in today and all I've got planned is my core routine. My uncle and cousin are coming to town tomorrow to go hunting on Monday so I'm having the crew (them, my parents, and my brother) over Sat. night for lasagna. I'm also going to make a lentil and roasted butternut squash dish, green beans, and some meatballs since I make the lasagna meatless. I'm looking forward to seeing them.

I'm making my lists to get stuff done on my staycation-cards, decorate, etc. I want to send Aaron his stocking full of goodies (treats and gift cards I think). Been reading my book, The Tennis Partner, and enjoying that.

Yesterday I went to the pool. That is my lifesaver now. My hip still hurts often. I saw the doctor again last this past Tuesday and am getting an xray to see if there are spurs, osteophytes or whatever. I only have one therapy session left on my insurance :(.

Beth

Yesterday I did STS D10-CSB, finally moving on to week 4! I followed that up with CCC. Today will be STS D12- legs, and a BR w/o. I didn't go shopping yesterday, but did buy a few things online. I'll probably bring up the Christmas Tree today or tomorrow. I may just wait until DS1 has a day off and have him put it up. It's a pre-lit tree and I don't think I will decorate it this year. Christmas just isn't as much fun anymore since the kids are all grown. I also need to get my Christmas cards ready and send those out. I'm looking for a family picture and one with girls I can use for the Christmas card. It's a pretty low key weekend and I'm enjoying it. Oh, I joined the Up the Ante Abs challenge at my gym. You can do it from home. I'm also thinking about doing the Holiday Hold'em where you just maintain your weight from now until New Years. It's $30, and if you maintain your weight you get it back. :)

I'm sorry to hear you are in so much pain. I hope they can figure it out. If the PT isn't working, then they need to get to the root cause. The butternut squash dish sounds delicious. Hope you enjoyed spending time with your family.

Monday has been busy! I slept like crap last night so got up and made waffles for Chris. Then I had a dentist appt., got my hip x-rayed, and did all my stretches. I also worked on the BOSU again and did some upper body weights-supersets on my own. Then I got an e-mail for a job I applied for-they want references within 24 hours. So I spent time tracking down e-mails and phone numbers for people. Next was bridge then book club. I'm tired so maybe I'll sleep tonight!

I applied to work in a doctor's office so fingers crossed I get an interview! We went to Lowe's yesterday and got a lot of Christmas shopping done. I need to wrap up my cards tomorrow. I know what you mean about decorating-I'll pull my tree out of the closet-maybe next weekend.

You are almost done Meso 1!

Beth

Is it already Tuesday. I did STS weights on Sunday, can't remember which disc. Yesterday I only time for 30 min workout - or so I thought. The meeting was cancelled right when it was supposed to start. So frustrating. I did fit in a quick 30 min walk at lunch too. Today starts off with a 2 hour meeting with the UK. Not sure when I will fit in my workout. I set up my workout area yesterday for Cardio Leg Blast but only had 30 minutes to walk. I also have a massage at 5pm. My neck/shoulder area is feeling much better. Doing the recommended stretches are helping, as is being off my work computer for 4 days! I'm hot flashes a lot more frequently and I'm not sleeping very well. I am considering talking to my dr. about getting some hormones to help with this.

I hope they find something with the x-ray. Sad that you've been dealing with this for so long without any relief. Good luck with your job opportunity. They must like your resume if they came back and asked for references.

I did Cardio Leg Blast today! It such a fun one and the time fly's by! I had a massage this evening and it felt great. I've been doing more stretches and it is starting to help. Consistency is key for sure.

What are you up to?

Hi,

Well, my x-ray showed sclerosis on my SI joint. I'm waiting to hear from my doctor what treatment is involved for that. I seem to have the most pain at night when I get into a position to sleep and then don't move for a while-I wake up and then have to find a new position. I'm better during the day when I can keep moving. I'll have to ask PT what I can do for it as well. I looked it up on the internet...it's a hardening area on the joint. Does this mean I have MS? I don't think so, but it's one of my questions.

I got all my references in for the application and am waiting to here. Did the pool yesterday. Going back to work today so will just do my core work. I think strengthening the muscles has got to be good! I'm at my weight goal and now just trying to maintain.

Glad you're doing well. I found an interesting article about endurance, hiit and weights.https://www.medicalnewstoday.com/articles/323823.php

Beth

I worked 11 hours yesterday and I'm beat. I'm not sleeping very well due to waking up with hot flashes. My weight has been up... it was down a bit this morning though. Yesterday I did tabatacise, never had a break for anything else. My knee is a bit sore. Keeping with rolling the IT band to see if that will help. I'm wondering if I will ever be at my weight goal. It's so frustrating.

I hope the Dr. has something that will give you some relief. I don't understand why they didn't do the x-ray to begin with. Would you take the Dr. office job if offered? The article was very informative. The site has a lot of great articles.

Hello,

You are working so many hours! I think you should do the $30 bet-what a great incentive. Then, if you "win" you could use it towards another massage or something. Maybe I'll make a bet!

I finally spoke to my doctor yesterday after I called her about my report. She said "right hip, negative"-which was at the end of the report. I asked her to read it and she did and saw the sclerosis. For now she has put me on an NSAID-take with food 2x a day. I go back in 3 weeks to see her for foot tingle follow-up (which is getting better!), so will review then. I really think I have Ankylosing Spondylitis-which is a form of arthritis in the spine. My neck showed arthritis when I had x-rays for headaches and then this recent x-ray. Bottom line is: clean diet, low impact, heat/ice, and anti-inflammatory meds or biologics to treat and halt the progression. There is no cure. But now I know why the pool and hot tub feel so good! I can do yoga, body weight stuff, and lift weights, too. So that's my plan. I want to get a referral to a rhumatologist just to see what they say.

I haven't heard anything about the job. My references all came through so I've done all I can. I would definitely take the job!

Going to get my hair trimmed this morning. I'm off this weekend and want to: address the cards, decorate/clean, do my wash, read some, see my parents, workout x 3 times, watch soccer, cook what I can eat, sleep in, finish my xmas shopping, and spend time with a friend and Dan. Oh-and relax and do nothing part of the time! I usually end up multitasking a lot of it:p. What are your plans?

Beth

Beth

Yesterday I did X10, the 42 min premix. This morning I did TTM Xtreme. I don't think I've had a lunch break all week. By evening I'm just too tired to do another workout. I'm ready to bail on STS. I just don't have the time for it right now, and December is going to be very busy for me. Wow, I only purchased 1 gift so far. I hope to get out my cards this weekend, and the usual chores of laundry, grocery shopping etc. Maybe I can get my tree up too. My right knee has really been hurting the past few days. Hope it feels better soon. Oh WW is changing from Weight Watchers to Wellness Wins. The program will change at the beginning of the year. They will be focusing on whole healthy foods and exercise. They are also eliminating their brand of processed foods. They've already removed the food from my location.

I'm glad they are treating you for pain finally. I'm not sure any amount of PT will help with arthritis. I have heard that moving as much as possible is good. Of course, don't do anything you know will cause you pain. If you find any good yoga videos that you like let me know. I know I need to start doing yoga, I just never do. Your weekend looks full. Hope you do have time to relax and enjoy your time off. Good luck on the job front. I'm sure you will hear something shortly since they requested references. Would you be okay working normal 8-5 hours?

I got through most of my list this past weekend! I'm up a pound today-grr. It's a never ending battle. I got a little decorating done. We're using the little table Aaron made in shop class for the tree stand. I've been feeling pretty good with my back. Today isi my last PT and I'm going to fill him in and ask him about any other good stretches/exercises to do for the sclerosis.

This weekend was the gym for 30 minutes split between the Elliptical and the treadmill and a long walk on Sunday with a friend. So I'm really just taking it easy with my workouts. It's worth it not to have constant pain! The anti-inflammatory is definitely helping me sleep-I got at least 8 the last few nights. That is helping with my mood for sure.

8-5 sounds like great hours! I'm still waiting to hear back about an interview. Time will tell.

Beth

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.