Damage Control November!!!

Beth-B-Fit

Cathlete
Hey girl,

Gotta get this thread going! What have you been up to? How is your back feeling?

I finally got to try PHA yesterday-wow! I'm sore today. I thought about doing some lower impact cardio today, but may just stretch. I even broke out the foam roller after PHA, but am still sore!

What are you up to this weekend? We might do a bike ride if the weather is decent. No work for me-taking the whole weekend off. After working all or part of the last 3, I need it!

Beth

Sorry I've been MIA. It's been a crazy busy week at work. I worked late Mon-Wed. I was beat. I've been doing the BR w/o's in the morning and that's it. I may start with the STS Undulating rotation today or tomorrow. I will be mostly following the weights and doing BR or whatever Cathe I want to do for the cardio days. I prefer 45-60 minute workouts too. So far I don't have any plans for the weekend. Perhaps cleaning out the girls room/my office. I'm using a drafting desk, so it doesn't have any drawers for filing. I really need to figure something out so I don't have all this paper all over the place. My neck/shoulder pain is back so I may go in for a massage this weekend.

Glad you got a good burn from PHA! Have you tried Cardio Slam yet? It's goodie also. Speaking of biking, they are mostly done with the road construction by my house and they have extended the bike lanes!!!! I may give that a try this weekend too, weather permitting.

Well, I hope you were able to bike. It's been too chilly and rainy here. The rotation is going pretty good. I did the elliptical at the gym yesterday instead of the cycle sweat (don't own). Today was Giant sets. I kept the weights at a good max for me and feel energized (just finished and logged it into the WM). It felt like a good total body workout. Tomorrow is Cardio slam.

Did you get any cleaning done? We started figuring out Thanksgiving and what we need to buy. We watched a lot of soccer. Off to shower and figure out something for dinner! What it's only 2:38?! Maybe I can get to the store!

Beth

Yesterday I did STS Disc 1-CSB and a 30 minute BR w/o. Today I did Disc 3-legs. I was beat so didn't add in a cardio. I've gone grocery shopping and have done laundry too. No cleaning, just not in the mood and I have no idea where to file the stuff. I've been craving carbs I haven't eaten in years...potatoes, tortillas, bread. Ugh, I succumbed and am now up 3lbs. Time to get back to protein and veggies.

Wow, Thanksgiving already? My SIL always hosts for her/our family and her hubby's family. She makes the turkey and she just tells everyone what to bring. It works out great.

Yesterday I did BR w/o in the morning and STS Disc 2 Back & Triceps at lunch. This morning I did a BR w/o, legs focused. DH is on vacation this week. My work days have been much longer as of late and will probably continue through the end of the year. Such is the life of a salaried employee.

What are you up to Beth?

Well, Monday ended up being a rest day. Those Giant Sets left me really sore and my shoulder had a twinge. So lots of stretching, too! Tuesday I did the Cardio Slam with abs with the lower impact modifications. What a fun workout! Today will be the pool and tomorrow I'll do PHA. I guess I'm doing my own rotation now, since I'm changing things around so much. I just need more days in between weights.

We now have a bat colony/cave in our attic. We contacted an agency that removes animals ethically and doesn't kill them. Now we are in the midst of getting the bats out. Yikes.

Hope you don't have to work too long, especially with your DH on vacation.

Beth

Diana, how are you doing? Are you doing the undulating rotation for STS or going straight through? Ready for the weekend after working late this week? Getting excited for Thanksgiving and seeing the girls!

I'm cruising along doing total body 2x a week and filling in with cardio 3-4 other days. I put KPC on my schedule for today. I can modify the jumping jacks and wear my gloves. Not much going on here. DH wants to do the roof, gutters and put siding on the house all at the same time. We'll see. We had a chimney sweeper come yesterday to clean the chimney and he said the joices in the attic are getting worn-I think they're under the shingles? It's always something. We already don't have heat in the bathroom. I'm just waiting for the whole system to need replaced. I'm going to try intermittent fasting for a bit. I think I'll eat between 10 and 6 on my work days and see how that goes.

Beth

My work schedule is really picking up. I'm learning new tools but everyone wants things right now. I need to learn the tool before I can use on your production data, sheesh. It's been a bit stressful.
Yesterday I did To the Max Extreme premix. It's was nice to tough step/circuit. I am working through the undulating program but doing BR for the cardio days. I've only done the first week so far. Today was an unplanned rest day. I think I have cracked tooth that has been causing me problems for a few months. But now I feel like 3 of my teeth are lose or moving. I had the ortho look at it and he says I will need some work on the painful tooth, probably a crown, when my braces come off. I've also had the dentist look at a couple of times.

You are doing great with your rotation. That's a big expense all at once. We've had a our roof replaced, all new windows, and insulated garage doors. Our gutters are leaking in places and probably need to be replaced. DH just plugs up the leaks, oy.

Don't you hate it when work starts taking over your schedule? At least we have exercise to help us with the stress. How soon until the braces come off? I can't even imagine having a crack under one. I've had a crack or two and can't drink or eat much until it gets fixed. You must be in turmoil. I would be! Sending you prayers and hugs that it all gets resolved.

DH and I go round and round about fixing up vs. moving. We basically wait until something breaks and then fix it. The few windows and the back French doors we replaced were done to help stop some really leaky areas and the gas bill has reflected that. Once Aaron gets done college we'll have to see where the finances stand and see what needs done vs. what we want to do. I want to travel lots more than he does so I see some wheeling and dealing coming!

I did Low Impact Step all step premix yesterday. I got all the moves down for the first time! It was about 45 minutes and felt good. I'm taking today off. It's my third day in a row of work and I need the energy to get through tonight. The intermittent fasting is not going well. I'm good waiting until 10 to eat, but at 8PM at work I'm hungry. Maybe I don't pack enough food. So, I'm snacking then. I'm drinking lots of water anyway.

Hope you're having a restful weekend. Get that crack fixed asap!

Beth

No workout yesterday. I just didn't feel like it. The day went downhill from there. We had some leftover Halloween candy and I don't know how many mini reeses and kit kat's I had. I've been eating them throughout the week too and it is definitely showing on the scale. :( Thankfully all that is left is almond joy and I don't like those. Today is much better. This morning I did a 75 min BR w/o and burned over 600 calories! Then I did STS Disc 13-CST. It was hard to use my normal weights for this w/o since you don't get the ramp up time from meso 1. This w/o was drop sets and I had to go lower on some of the shoulder work. I mustered through the rest of the exercises but anticipate being very sore tomorrow.

The orthodontist can't tell if the tooth is cracked or not, same as the dentist. It's not terribly painful, and the elastics were making it hurt worse. He said I could stop wearing them. I have an appt in 2 weeks and hopefully we will be scheduling the removal.

Nice job with LIS!! The cleanse days with Isagenix aren't too bad. You drink this cleanse mix throughout the day-it has a lot of citrus and my mouth starts hurting on the second day. We also get these IsaSnacks, they are similar to like the orange flavor vitamin C chewables. If you are hungry, you should eat something, especially on our work days. Would it be easier to IF on your days off? Well, I love to travel so keep me in mind if you need a travel buddy!

My DH and I are in agreement about what we need to do, he just doesn't want to spend the money. Some things are just maintenance, like replacing the 20+ year old carpet. The ceiling fans in the 3 secondary bedrooms don't work and need replaced. I'm just going to start replacing things by the onesie. I ordered a new stainless steel dishwasher and it will be delivered December 16th. I'm hoping to get a gas line installed for a gas stove too. I'll probably wait until next year for that, and then get a new gas stove.

bbl

Now I've been MIA. Sorry! Sunday I rested. Monday I did the Giant Sets and Tuesday I did the elliptical for 30 minutes. I got almost all my steps in Monday and Tuesday, which is pretty good for my days off. Today is still TBD. I should go to the pool, but my skin is so dry it's ridiculous. I've got a horrible rash on my right arm. My leg was killing me yesterday (from the weight work on Monday or from something I did at work) so I stretched it a lot and used the hot tub. My leg feels much better, but my skin is worse. I might do the lower impact version of cardio slam today. It definitely takes me a few hours in the morning now to get loosened up enough to work out!

Not much else going on. The guys came to set up the nets to get the bats out and caulk up around all the holes yesterday. Played cards on Monday and finished the book "We are all Completely Beside Ourselves" and started "Olive Kitteridge". We're eating leftovers and trying to clean out the fridge before Thanksgiving!

What are you up to? Is work any better this week? We definitely need to plan a trip. It doesn't have to be too soon, and would be nice to look forward to. The daily grind wears on me. I tried to talk DH into moving yesterday to no avail.

Beth

I've been MIA too. I've been spending lots of time working, until after 7 each night. We have a lot of year end deadlines we are working towards. I can actually get more done after hours but it makes it hard to get to bed on time. I've been trying to get in at least 1 workout a day. It really helps break up the day if I can get out and walk too. Tonight I'm going to dinner with some of my previous co-workers. One gal has brain cancer, 3 years younger than me. She's moving so a bunch of us girls are taking her out to dinner. It will be nice to see everyone and catch up.

Monday I did tabatacise, yesterday I did a BR w/o in the morning and STS Disc 14-legs at lunch. Today will be another BR w/o and hopefully the next STS disc at lunch. I'm trying to drink a gallon of water each day. I met that goal on Sun, Mon, and Tuesday. I have a gallon jug that I fill up each morning and try to get through it before I go to bed. I"m down a couple of pounds but have a couple more to go. Damn Halloween Candy.

Sorry about your rash. I use coconut oil, it doesn't take much but that might help. I find that cardio helps work out any stiffness I have. I think Cardio Slam is a fun w/o. Enjoy

Nice job with the H2O and all the workouts! You must be exhausted. Are you sleeping better? Funny you suggested coconut oil. I have tried using it. I'm also using a prescription that DH has for his back. I can see the rash, but it's not itching so it feels better anyway!

Yesterday I ended up doing To The Max Lower Impact which was the warm up, solid step, slide and glide hiit, and the 30/20 hiit. It clocked in at 45 minutes and was easy to modify the higher impact moves. Fortunately, my leg feels fine today. I'm still trying to learn Strong and Sweaty and have PHA scheduled for today.

Brain cancer, yikes. Who am I to complain about anything. That is so sad. Hope you had an enjoyable evening and spend some time with the girls.

Beth

No workout to report for Thursday. DH and I had a disagreement about fixing the house stuff. He really hates his job and wants to quit is what it comes down to. He doesn't want any more debt. Basically, our monthly expenses would be the same. He's hoping to get to 20yrs with the State which is 3 years away. He is looking for other opportunities within the state and has been for the last year. They are just few and far between. If he's willing to quit, he should be willing to look outside of the State jobs for other opportunities. Needless to say, neither one of us slept very well Wednesday night.

Dinner with the girls was so much fun. I had one of their lower calorie dinners, salmon & asparagus. We are planning another get to together for the first week of December, when Lynn will be back up here for her treatment.

Today will be a BR w/o this morning and the next STS disc-back and biceps.

TTM is such a fun w/o. I think it's tough but fun and the time flies. Great job. I'm glad to hear your rash isn't bothering and your leg is good too! All these aches and pains are no fun. TGIF

Friday was PHA at some lower weight and went well. Friday night DS2 and his SO came home! When I got home from work, they were eating dinner with DH so we all stayed up until nearly midnight. The dog is here as well. Sat. morning they left for 4 nights in Toronto-staying at an Air B&B. They made it! We were worried about the van we let them use to drive. So now we have the dog for a while. We took her for a walk in the rain yesterday. I then tried to do Cardio Slam, but gave up after the floor exercises. It just wasn't going well. I even did the lower impact modifications. My leg/hip joint was hurting. I stretched and am ok today. I think I just needed a rest day. Today I'm just going to do what I feel like doing-walking the dog and maybe a workout.

How is your weekend going? I'm sorry you're fighting with your DH. My DH says all the time that that's why they call it work-it's not fun. He cut an ad out for me to apply somewhere-I think he's getting tired of all my complaining about work! Are you doing any yoga?

Beth

Yesterday I did an STS Disc-Back & Biceps. Today I did STS Plyo Legs with the 10# vest and Flex train. My weight is getting out of control. I'm a stress eater and it's showing on the scale. Work is really stressing me out. :( I have workouts planned for Monday & Tuesday. Wednesday I have an ortho appt in the morning and we pick up the girls from the airport in the evening. Thursday, Friday and Saturday the girls will work out with me. :) I'll have to go off rotation for them, but they are worth it. I haven't started yoga yet. The discs are $100. I'm hoping to find them on a black Friday sale somewhere. I'm also going to get Cathe Live & On Demand, it's 15% off until Nov 26th I think. I'm going to go for 6 months and see how it goes.

We are getting another estimate on the kitchen remodel probably 2 more. I have one of them coming out on Tuesday. I'm very happy with the current design and pricing from the first place. DH wants at least another estimate, maybe 2 more. I'm not sure why, each company comes up with their own designs so you are not comparing apples to apples. Plus, I'm pretty sure the other 2 companies are going to be more expensive. I guess we'll see. Oh, I cleaned the floor tile grout in all 3 bathrooms and sealed 2 of them. I have one more left to seal. The one I had left just had some grout repair done on Friday. This is the 3rd time it has been repaired in the same place. The guy said "when it happens again", let us know and we will have to replace the entire floor. The cost will be on them, not us. :)

My niece is graduating with her Bachelors in Nursing next month. She already has a Bachelors in Health Care Management. She's ready to be done with school and I don't blame her. She's only 24. We are so proud of her. I hope she doesn't burn out too soon. It's such a demanding career.

PHA is a goodie, just the pace is challenging! How nice that you got to visit with DS and his SO. If you are in pain, it's best to stop and do something else. I'm so sorry your job is so stressful. HUGS. I'm so looking forward to having Thursday and Friday off this week!

Wow, you have a LOT going on! So happy the twins are coming and you get to see them for a good long visit. Grouting sounds like a workout! Maybe we should plan a yoga retreat? I'm in love with my foam roller, though. Today I did PUB. I fell off the ball during the stretch at the end. I was rolling forward and the ball came out from behind me. Keep drinking lots of water. Do what's fun and what you enjoy and you'll be fine.

Beth

I had to work 11 hours today. This stress is killing me. On the upside, I did get to skype with the girls today. They are very excited about coming to visit! This morning I did Imax 3, I wanted fun step workout and this fit the bill. At lunch I did the next STS disc, it was Chest and Back from meso 3. This undulating method is no joke. You don't get the strength build up from meso 1 and 2 to be better prepared for meso 3.
Undulating-
Week 1 is M1W1
Week 2 is M2W1
Week 3 is M3 W1
Week 4 is M1 W2 and so on. I plan on being very sore tomorrow. Tomorrow will be a BR w/o in the morning and if I can fit it in, the next sts disc.

Well I'm not actually grouting. I just cleaned and sealed. You can only seal a bit at at a time, wait 5 minutes and wipe of any extra sealer on the tile, and then do a few more, wait 5 minutes and wipe of any excess and so on. It's very easy. :)

A yoga retreat sounds nice. I should probably get into yoga before doing something like that though.

bbl

Last edited:
Look like we've both been busy. No workout to report for Wednesday. Thursday I did the next STS disc, Friday was a BR w/o and today will be another BR w/o. I've been running around at the parks/playgrounds with the girls. We've been having a great time. I can't believe they have to go home tomorrow already.

I got the second estimate on the kitchen. I told them my budget was $25k to $30k. His design came in at $50k. Seriously, did you not hear my budget. Then I got the hard sell, if you sign today we will give you a 12% discount. Really. That tells me they have a built in 12% upcharge. Not very happy with that. It's good for DH to see that we are getting a better deal with the first company and they are working within my budget.

What have you been up to???

Hello!!!

We survived the dog. It was a lot harder this time since the weather was rainy and colder. She didn't get as many walks. I spent chunks of time in the basement with the cats as well. My only day off work was Thursday and most of that was spent getting ready and having Thanksgiving. It went ok. The turkey was not ready when the sides were so we ended up having the sides first and then the turkey. Too much wine waiting... I did get to spend some quality time with DS2. His SO was sick on Thanksgiving and Friday with a bad cold/flu. I think it was let down from school and traveling to Canada. She needed to rest and sleep. Thursday I went to the pool and Friday I did PHA. Saturday I took off and today I'm doing TBGS before work.

Glad you had a good visit! Your quote sounds like the bat quote. They said they would do the bat removal now for $1,000.00 or next spring for 2,000. We felt pressured but caved because having bats in the house was freaking me out. We're now back to fixing up this house and DH wants to get quotes. It gives him something to do anyway without costing a lot.

Off to workout then go to work. I'm on day 3 of a whole30. My face broke out terribly on Wed. night and I have been feeling really bloated. I'll finish Dec. 24th unless I decide to continue. I'm an all or nothing sort so it's not so hard. I also read an article about saying "I don't eat sugar" as opposed to "I can't eat sugar". So I've been using the I don't at work and it's working so far.

Beth

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.