Damage Control***Happy New Year***

TGIF:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::D

Morning,

Okay got tell y'all, yesterday, by end of day I could barely walk:eek: eek from STS leg workout, thinking I should've done an endurance workout first to loosen up ol' legs he...he... Anyways:rolleyes: this morning workout was right on time, really helped my muscles; did Les Mills ultimate warrior's workout...love.....love....love.

TGIF and long weekend

Well I finally got a workout in - P90x3 - WARRIOR ..went in thinking prbly gonna be yoga like moves .. HA .. NOPE .. warrior as in A WARRIOR!! LOL .. was a great workout - fun - and fast moving - tuff stuff for the core!! My core is a hurtin today!

It is full moon mania here at the asylum .. crazy customers!!! ugh!!! trying to make it to 5 and get outta here!

Di - thanks for the hugs .. I NEED them and need PRAYERS too!! Everytime I feel as tho I get my legs back under me.. someone is there to knock them right out again!!

TG - have not done STS legs in forever .. it would prbly cripple me if I tried to do it!! LOL

Wendy - so what is on your agenda today?

Hello to Lori -

Brutus seems better - THANK GOODNESS!! that is one less thing for me to worry n stress over!!

Ok .. better run .. hope everyone has a great weekend .. I am gonna try to keep to myself and get some much needed heavy duty house cleaning done!! :D

A big fat NOTHING was on the agenda today, Laura!:mad: I got up in time to work out but never did.:rolleyes: Got home after work and COULD have worked out but did I? Nooooo! Of course not!:p

Hi Ladies,

Double workout yesterday for me!!!! I did Afterburn at lunchtime and Xtrain Burn Sets Bi's & Tri's, core #1 last night while I was doing laundry. Today was a rest day for me.

My training partner and I may be doing another HM in the spring. I'll have to start training for it in February. This one is a lot smaller than the R&R that we did in the fall which I prefer. My rec ctr class starts on Monday, that class will be a good gauge for me to see if my knee is up to running.

Wendy-Your body needs a rest in order to build and recover. No harm done. I hurt my good shoulder, turning over in bed no less. Seriously, am I at the age where I get sleeping injuries....sheeesh.

Laura-hang in there lady! Just remember that exercising gets the feel good endorphins flowing.

TG-oh yes, this morning should've been my STS Plyo leg day, but ended up being my rest day instead. I'll be hitting it tomorrow though. Leg day always catches up with you, you feel good during the workout, then...hello...you definitely know you worked your legs! Great Job!

Lori-Hi miss Lori, guess I'll have to check FB to see what you are up to. :)

Good Morning!!

I'm here! Better late then never. Not sure when I checked in last :). Shame on me.

I had a good week. It was month end/year end at work and that can be stressful for some....not I. I had to take wed off because we didnt have childcare. That's when I realized my 2 yr old doesn't stop for 2 seconds. I'm use to having both of them here so I don't notice it as much. I guess I thought that with just him it would be easier. I can't complain that my kids have to much energy....they come by it naturally.

The weather has been so much nicer! Mild temps. It's a great weekend for a run and I may go tomorrow if DD can watch the boys. Today I am going to take the boys sliding for a couple of hours.

My workouts were good this week. Into week 3 of p90x. Still liking it! I always add on something else. I thought yesterday was suppose to be the challenge, when I woke I realized it was suppose to be yoga. I didn't wake up at 5 to do yoga! So I went ahead and did the challenge anyway and most of cross fire. My abs are on fire today, I guess from all those push ups. And my shoulders had a rough week as well :). So this weekend I am going to do a leg workout, a run and I'm thinking burn sets. I alway like getting a good UB workout in before the week starts just In case!

Laura** hugs to you! Sorry to hear that you are going through such a stressful time. Wish life were so much more simpler. And you have a good group of besties there! I think the only girls that would notice something was bothering me was at work. They don't like it when I close my office door. Lol. "Why do you have your door closed? I don't like it"! I feel like saying "it's to keep you fools out!" Lol

Wendy** so you are on the home stretch of your course!!! When is your exam!? I am always waking up in the middle of the night. For the most part I go right back to sleep but if I didn't, I wouldn't get up either. This week was the first week in a while where I didn't want to get up. Maybe I wasn't going to bed early enough. When dh works the night shift I go to bed super early , he's been on the day shift forever it seems. Lol

Diana** yes, .6 is better then nothing and better then gaining. But I know it can be frustrating. How much are you trying to lose? Are you following a rotation now? A girl I work with is following ww's and she lost 1/2 lbs last week. She wasn't very happy about that either. And she's a bigger girl. I don't think she even followed it this week :s. you'll get there!!!

Ok! I will check back in later with my workout report. I want to do ub but I need to do lb. No matter which one i pick, sliding isn't going to help! Ha!

Lori :)

Hi Girls. :)

Friday was an unplanned rest day. I got up in time but couldn't find the butt glue remover when coffee time was over. :rolleyes:

Today was a whirlwind...8-10am was work at the PT Studio, then home for a quick snack and it was nap time. Up at noon for lunch and cleaning the house. Then I worked on my NASM stuff, worked out, showered and here I am about to go to 5pm Mass!

Today's work out was Barbell Challenge Complex # 12::

8 reps of each exercise. Do circuit continuously for 4 mins (AMRAP) then rest for 1 min and repeat. Do this 4 times.

Pull Ups
Burpee Hanging Leg Raise (did burpee to bent knee raise on body press)
Front Squat
Dead Lift
Prone Windshield Wiper (tried it. didn't like it. subbed in walking x-body mountain climbers)

As it turns out I pretty much did 1 round of all exercises every 4 minutes.

I just peeked at the next Barbell Complex. It looks brutal!:eek:

So all hell has broken loose at my f/t job. Something happened with the server and we lost 6 months of data that can not be restored. For me and my boss that means re-entering it all. :eek: Hello overtime on Saturday and Sundays until it's complete! The extra money will be nice but I really don't have much free time as it is. Now I'm going to have even less until this is done. :confused:

Ok, time to skedaddle. Back later or tmrw for personals!:cool:

Hi Ladies,

Today I did LBB standing work, 25 mins on the tm and 15 mins on the spin bike. Then I took the boys sliding for 2 hours. Walking up that hill carrying a 30 lbs child is a workout in itself. Then when I got home I did yoga.

Wendy** you've been busy' I giggled when I read nap time though. I think you schedule them in now! Lol

Dh and I are going out on a date. Just putting ds2 to bed and away we go!!

BB tomorrow!

Lori :)

Today I did Barbell Complex #13::

7 reps of each exercise x 7 rounds with up to 2 mins rest between each round.

Pull Ups (Inverted rows)
Dead Lift
Front Squat
Push Press with Overhead Tricep Extension
Alternating Reverse Lunge (7 per side = 14 total)
Weighted Burpee
Ab Roll Outs (used SB not BB)

Good Morning Ladies!:)

Barbell Complex #14 is done!

"Make that a Combo"

AMRAP style for 20 mins with 30s-1min rest between sets...8 of each exercise...alternating using a barbell for a round then dumb bells for the next round...wash rinse repeat....

Bent Over Rows
Front Squats
High Pulls
Weighted Burpees
Reverse Lunges each side
Push ups on BB or DBS

BBL!:cool:

Hi Ladies,

ACKKk, my weight is creeping up.:mad: It's my own fault, over indulging during the past week. Dinner out, dinner at inlaws etc. Time to refocus and recommit.

On the upside, my class at the rec ctr started last night! The workout was good but I didn't get all of it done. The first night is always a short w/o since we to the testing first and she talks about the class/goals etc. I signed up for a 5k on superbowl sunday. It's just a fun run in my local city.

Wendy-Those barbell complexes look amazing. I bookmarked the sight. Too bad about the data loss, but good for the OT $$. I'm surprised you don't have fail over system or backups. Working in IT, I definitely know all about data loss.

Lori-so are those legs of steel feeling like jello after your day of LBB & sliding?;) Yay for date night! I had one of those last week!!

Laura-are things looking up for you? I hope so.

bbl

Yesterday's work out (well actually last NIGHT's by the time I got around to it!) was Barbell Complex #15::

5 reps of each exercise.
Rest up to 1 min after each round.
Repeat up to 5x.
I did it 4x...
Deadlifts, High Pulls, Front Squats, Push Presses, Back Squats, Burpees.

Then....

8@20/20 of running mountain climbers on gliders, alt prisoner lunges, repeat climber, prisoner squats, wash rinse repeat pattern.

and

8@15/15 of plank to push up and one arm swings.

Hi ladies,

This morning I'm doing another of the BR Challenge, day 8 (from the 2013 challenge). Then I'm off to the dentist, WW, and finally to work.

Not sure If I mentioned, I'll be doing another 21 day cleanse starting February 10th. I'm also considering just doing the first week right now to help kick start my weight loss again. Decisions, decisions.

Wendy-Nice w/o! You have the selectech weights, right? How do you like them. One of my coworkers is thinking of getting them but is afraid they'll scratch her floors. I suggested putting them on a mat or towel. What has your experience been?

Hi to Lori, Laura, & TG.

Last edited:
Rest day for me today!

Di:: I work out on carpet so I do not have to worry about anything scratching my floor but yes, I have the ST's. I got them for STS and they were useful but haven't used them very much since. :eek: The computer system at my job DOES have a back up system but it failed. :mad: Funny you should mention a 21 day cleanse...my studio is running a 21 day detox as we speak for it's members. I am only participating by way of making some of the recipes. If I gave up coffee, alcohol and sugar right now I would have a mental break down! :eek:

Lori:: I DO schedule my naps! :p So I am far from being on the "home stretch" of my NASM course. I don't know where you got that idea from! LOL I just got the materials at the beginning of January. I have until the beginning of July to take the test!

Laura:: Hello. Hope things are improving for you!!!

Last edited:
WED

Hello Ladies ..

sorry been MIA .. we are short handed and it is INSANE at the asylum .. crazy people .. complaints .. high bills .. and they have slammed us .. yikes!! where are they coming from!! We are in deep freeze down here (for us) ... low 20's at night .. teens tmrw night .. that is TOO COLD for South Alabama!! bbbrrrrrr

Had a nice long weekend - stayed inside and didnt leave the house!! did manage to exercise .. agilityX, CVX, got some nice runs in w/Brutus and the one thing that kicked my arse .. p90x3 PILATES .. WTH???? OH MY GOODNESS .. those women on there cant be normal .. my butt was sore for 2 days! PILATES - go figure!!!

DI - I am taking one day at a time - in limbo for now - trying to stay positive - keep prayers coming!!! yes exercise makes me feel more like myself somewhat .. I am slowly trying to get back to a regular exercise routine!!!

Wendy - wow - your work sounds more like mine .. INSANE!! lol ..great workouts as usual!! LOL .. I am there with you .. if I had to give up alcohol at this point .. go ahead and committ me!!! :eek: :confused::confused:

Lori - had to laugh at your comment about shutting your door at work .. LOL .. too funny!!! the girls here at work .. know if I am quiet .. let me be quiet .. LOL ..

anyway .. taken forever to type this .. better run .. have a great one!

Hey Girls,

My weight was the same as last week.:) Yes I'm happy about that considering I've been over indulging...for someone who is trying to lose weight anyway.

Laura-sorry about the cold weather. We were in the 50's today but are expecting snow tonight. Sending positive energy your way! I need to get out and run if only for a mile or so.;)

Wendy-I'm not willing to give up my morning coffee. I drink 2 cups/black-every day. I do the rest of the cleanse though, but will not give up coffee EVAH! This cleanse calls for "morning tonic", it's basically hot water with fresh squeezed lemon juice and some ginger.

bbl

Di:: I have read several times that fresh lemon juice in a glass of warm water first thing in the morning is very good for you. It's a suggested part of the studio detox and the other part that I am actually doing!

Laura:: I used to do pilates. It wasn't easy! Probably made you sore because it's working small muscles that you are not used to working!

This morning I did the 16th out of 17 barbell complexes!!!...:D

Front Squats (5 reps)
Deadlifts (5)
Rows (5)
SB roll outs (5)
Push ups (5)
Sit outs per side (5)
then 4, then 3, then 2, then 1
45 secs rest
then 1, then 2, then 3, then 4 then 5 reps of everything!

Hi Ladies,

This morning I did BR challenge day 9 (2013). Yesterday was Plyo Legs in the morning, bootcamp class at the rec ctr in the evening and then the next challenge w/o for this year when I got home. They are only 12 minutes so it's easy to add them on to whatever I'm already doing. Plus then I'm already warmed up for it!

So we did get some snow on Wed night, but it's mostly melted now. The temps are supposed to be in the 50's this weekend so I'm going to give running a try and see how my knee does.

Also on the agenda is shopping for new running shoes!!!

Wendy-can you share your recipes? I understand if you can't, since they may be proprietary to your gym. I'm happy to email you the stuff I have from the previous cleanse, most of the food was very good. Woo Hoo, almost done with all the barbell complexes!!! What's up next?

Laura-Pilates is tough. This is a saying from a pilates instructor I had years ago, but it has always stuck with me-"traditional weight training makes the already strong muscles stronger, pilates works all the smaller intricate muscles that a heavy weight just can't hit." It's kind of the same thing with tubing or bands, they incorporate smaller muscles that heavy weights don't.

Hi to Lori & TG!

Hi Girls!

It's Friday night and it couldn't come fast enough for this girl! My (day) job has been a nightmare as of late so I NEED my weekends! Thankfully they are coming around really fast probably b/c I am crazy busy!

Today's final Barbell Complex work out was this::

3 sets of 5 min AMRAPs doing the following exercises @ 3 reps each::

Reverse lunges (reps are per leg so 6 total)
Push Presses
Dead Lifts
Weighted Burpees

So I did these exercises non stop for 5 mins then rested for 1 min. I repeated this pattern 3 times and ended up completing ALMOST 11 full rounds of the exercises by the time I finished the final AMRAP set! Loved it! :D

Di:: IDK if I am not supposed to but I will share the recipes from the detox with you! Sure! I will email them to you! I think I should still have your information from when I sold the dvds. :)

So now that I finished the BB complexes, I think I want to give a Turbulence Training Rotation a go next! It's only 3 days a week though so I need to do something for the other 2 or 3 days...I have a few options I am thinking of...

1) Doing work outs using only rubber resistance (tubes and bands) 2) Doing work outs with my new Trx "wanna be" system. 3) Filling in the gaps with much needed yoga.

Decisions...Decisions!:p

Hi Girls.

I haven't worked out since Friday, hence my lack of posts since then though it doesn't appear I've missed anything! LOL

Hoping to get back on track tmrw with a new rotation!

BBL!:cool:

PS- Di, I sent you a PM.

Last edited:

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.