Damage Control***Happy New Year***

Hi Ladies,

Well I made it to my regularly scheduled WW meeting and weigh in today. It was standing room only and I had to wait about 20 minutes to get weighed. I forgot about all the weight loss new years resolutions and how busy it would be today. I'm glad I went and am back on track. Yes, I'm up a couple more lbs, 4 total now. Hopefully those will be gone in the next 2 weeks and I can just keep losing from there!

This morning I did the BR Challenge Day 25. I still have 2 more discs to finish up Meso 2. I'm considering skipping Meso 3 and it really doesn't fit with my weight loss goals. Definitely finishing the last 2 w/o's of meso 2 though.

Laura-I heard your team lost. booh.. DS 1 watched it at sports bar and said they played great. I'm glad to be getting back to normalcy but do miss the girls. This weather has been awful and I'm sick of the cold too. What do you need to do to get back on track? Is the not exercising due to your tooth issue?

Wendy-did I post a BR w/o? If so, then it's the one I did. My mind is slipping. :eek: They have some 5 day challenges on the daily hiit site and they are very similar to the format you've been doing lately. My other shoulder is starting to hurt know too and I think it's from the heavy lifting in STS and all the pushups/burpees/planks in BR. Doing one or the other is probably fine, but both is proving to be too stressful on my shoulders.

Lori-I don't know how you take the below freezing temps. How do your vehicles even start???? How much longer will DH be stationed there or have the opportunity to transfer?

TG-How's the new year treating you?

bbl

Hi Gals!

I don't think I checked in yesterday. I woke at 4 both mornings....yesterday mornings I just tossed from 4-4:45 so today I spared myself that and got up shortly after I woke up. Of course this doesn't mean I get to work earlier. Lol. Just means that I get to workout longer! Yesterday's workout was abs, GS c and t and 30 mins of pedal power. Today i did p90x3, GS b,s,b and 30
Mins on the tm. I don't think ill be up late tonight. I'm ready for bed now and it's only 8:20!

Wendy** oh I know exactly what you mean! That's why I couldn't go into pt training when we moved here. I needed guaranteed income. And now I just don't have the time. But I know what it's like doing both too. Remember I use to get up at 5 (that was early then! Lol normal now) and meet with a client and then work that day. It is exhausting. And it's not just the training part, it's the programming part too. It's all very time consuming.

Laura** yes you and your temps. Lol. Your cold day would be a warm day here. How is work going?

Diana** 4 lbs isn't to bad of a gain. I'm already
Down 3 lbs from Saturday. the 3 lbs was my christmas weight gain. I started eating super clean. Did the trick. I had some cravings after lunch though. We have to plug our cars in. If not they won't start.

I was so mad at work today. There's a old hag that works on my floor and all she does is stick her nose where it doesn't belong. If she starts in at me tomorrow, she will either get a piece of my mind or I will be going to management.

Ill check back tomorrow.

Laura:: If anyone in Michigan or Illinois heard you complaining about those temps you'd be laughed at! :p Sorry your team lost lost but they played hard!

Di:: Oh the curse of the New Year's Resolution-ers! Hate that! :rolleyes: Thankfully they all get weeded out pretty quickly. ;) Yup, you posted a BR work out and that's exactly why - because the format is similar to the work outs that I have been doing. Be careful with your shoulders! Over-doing it is how I got hurt! Don't let that same fate be yours! Back off before it's too late!!!

Lori:: OMG those are some looong work outs to do before working a full day! I'd be passed out at my desk! LOL So how do you like P90X3? I keep hearing mixed reviews. Thankfully right now I am not involved in the programing end of training. I just take them through the work outs. Down the line (after I am NASM certified and get a raise!), I will start doing some of the programming. Not sure where I will find the time but I'll figure something out just like I have to make the time right now to study for the NASM cert. Same difference I suppose. :rolleyes: What's good though is that the workouts there change an average of once a month so it's not like I'd need to constantly be writing programs.

Last edited:
This morning's work out was the next Barbell Challenge Complex ::

10 Reverse Lunges w/bb in front squat hold position (5 per leg)
10 Front Squats
10 Push Presses
10 Back Squats

3 rounds with 1 min of rest between each of them.

Then I did this:
1 round of 8@10/20 of
X-body mountain climbers (slow to concentrate on core activation as opposed to cardio conditioning)
Floor Bridge Hold
Regular Mountain Climbers (same as above)
Floor Bridge Hold

Good stuff. Kicked my butt somethin' fierce!

Also used my new foam roller today and wore my yoga socks. Loved them both! :D

Good Afternoon Ladies and TGIF for sure!:D

This morning I was even shorter on time then usual :rolleyes: so I did the bare minimum of rounds even though I could have and wanted to do more. Often times 3 rounds has been enough but on this one, it really wasn't. Figures! :mad:

The work out was #8 of the Barbell Challenge Complexes and it's called "A Lil' of Everything (Reps and Rounds)"

6 reps of each exercise x 3-5 rounds. I did only 3 rounds....

Push press w/tricep ext
Dead Lift
Ab Roll Out (Stability Ball)
Close grip bench press
Bent over row
Front Squat

TGIF

Hello Ladies ..

had an all day meeting ystdy - i did FINALLY workout - P90X3 CVX - was a great workout - I have not done anything in so long that was about all I could handle .. LOL ... today I got my hair cut and colored! LOVE IT .. feels 100% better!

It is to RAIN all day tmrw .. and yes we are warmer .. WOOHOO!!

Wendy - great workouts - I know I would get laughed at .. LOL .. but geesh we are not used to these temps!! LOLOL I laugh at my FL friend when she complains she is freezing b/c it was 58 outside .. LOLOL

Lori - work? same old same old!! ugh .. but PIA is still out of sight for now .... in another office FOR NOW .. that helps!

Di - I am trying to get back on track - my mind nor body is in it tho!! Just feel like we have had the stuffing beat out of us ... I am trying to read positive things every day .. and getting back to exercise will help ... I HOPE!!!

OK .. well one positive thing .. 3 more hours and I AM OUTTA HERE .. and tmrw is SATURDAY!!!!!

Hi Ladies,

Today I did the last disc for Meso 2! I followed that up with tabatacise 1-5 and core #2. Then I did days 1-5 of the leg/ab challenge for January. I was planning on catching up, but 5 days of challenge work was tough after my previous workouts.

DS1 moved out today with his best friend. They got an apartment downtown. It seems small to me, but they are in the heart of the city where they tend to hang out anyway. I am happy for them. On the downside, DS1's vehicle may be toast. I'm not sure how he's going to afford a replacement vehicle and rent.

Laura-Woo Hoo for working out. You know it will make you feel better if you can workout. What kind of w/o is CVX?? Weights, Yoga??? I should check out P90X3, but honestly I have so many workouts I just can't justify another series.

Hi Wendy, Lori & TG.

Checkin' in with the weekend work outs.

Yesterday was the 9th barbell complex. As it turns out I didn't do it exactly as written b/c I didn't watch the video first :eek:...oh well....it was still a great work out and in fact, I do believe that MY version was harder!!!:p Here's what I did...

5 single leg deadlifts on the right
5 bicep curls
5 reverse lunges on the right
5 single leg deadlifts on the left
5 bicep curls
5 reverse lunges on the left
10 bent over rows
10 close grip bench press
10 body saws
I did 4 rounds with a 1 minute rest period between each round.

Today I did Z-Gym Power Yoga #2 (about 12 mins long) and about 25 mins of Kundalini Bootcamp yoga. I'm attempting to get yoga back into my program on some sort of regular basis...

BBL!:cool:

Hey :)

No workout this morning aaaaaaaaaaaargh, seriously.............I did way too much last night trying to fine closet and shoe spaces for my nephew who living with me for now. I don’t have enough closets space for myself; it’s ridiculous. Any who, we ended up working passed my bed time, I got up at 6am almost overslept. I hate when I put my workouts together for the week and I miss a day, hate that. I’ll see you guy tomorrow for sure.

Hey Ladies,

Nothing to report. :( I was up from 3 til 5am so when it was time to get up at 5:30-6:00 I wasn't moving....

Tonight I am working and then I have a short meeting and need to go get my son from the bowling alley where he goes with DH when I work on Tuesday nights. Even if I thought I might have the energy to do something when I get home, it's going to be after 8pm by the time I started...UGH. Forget it. :rolleyes: I'll probably do some studying if anything...

I am starting to cave on P90X3...ugh...I didn't want to want this program but now I think that I do! :mad: I have to wait though. I can not not not buy it until after I am done with studying for the programming portion of NASM b/c I am supposed to create and do my own workout program so I can't be distracted!!!!!:eek:

BBIAB with personals!:cool:

Hi Ladies,

This morning I did To the Max Extreme and yesterday I did 20 minutes of X37. We all woke up late yesterday and I felt that 20 minutes was better than nothing at all. I've just started adding in some step w/o's and my knee is feeling okay, not 100% but it is doing much better!

My Fitbit band broke and I ordered a replacement. I thought it should be here today but it is not. Most days I get to 10K steps or very close. Also, since it's less than a year old the warranty should cover my replacement.

Wendy-I keep looking at P90X3 too. To be honest, I haven't done all of T25 or even all of P90X2. I just can't even justify the purchase to myself. Sounds like studying is on your agenda tonight! I have a hard time retaining what I read at night, mostly it just puts me to sleep.

TG-welcome back! How old is your nephew that is living with you? Do you need to take care of him, or is he an adult? I don't know anyone who has enough closet space, myself included.

Hi to Lori & Laura!

bbl

Good Morning Ladies.:)

I am going to post my planned work out now since I am here. Hopefully I don't jinx myself by posting it before I do it. :p It's BB complex #10 and it goes like this:

1 rep of each of the following:
Front Squat
Push Press
Reverse Lunge (each leg)
Dead Lift
High Pull

Perform that sequence 10x
Rest 30 secs to 1 min
Perform that sequence 8x
Rest, 6x, Rest, 4x, Rest, 2x and DONE!

Wish me luck!:D

Di:: Reading in bed tends to put me to sleep but if I am sitting up in a chair or something I tend to be okay. As for P90X3, justification isn't needed! Ya gotta want it! LOL I personally want it because the work outs are short and not just traditional straight lifting. Lots of core/stability/balance work going on in them which is very beneficial and I happen to really enjoy that type of training as well. Getting to stare at Tony isn't a bad perk either!;) 20 mins is better then nothing is right!:) You make me proud!LOL :D
Today I did the last disc for Meso 2! I followed that up with tabatacise 1-5 and core #2. Then I did days 1-5 of the leg/ab challenge for January
Was that all ONE work out session!?!? :eek: You are sounding like Lori now! :p Best of luck to your DS in his new place. How exciting!:) I never moved out until I got married-with the exception of into a dorm for my brief stint at college which I hated! I wish I had. Would have been nice to be truly independent before getting married. *sigh*

Laura:: Hush about P90X3 will you!? It's not helping my purchase avoidance goal! :p We had rain all day y'day. I hope today is dryer. It was nice and warm y'day though and I'll take warm with rain over that dang polar vortex crap any day!:eek:

TG:: Another one here without enough closet space!

Hi ladies,

Well today is supposed to be day 1 of the 30 day BR Challenge. I think their servers must be overloaded. I'm okay with that though as I prefer to preview and print out the workouts ahead of time.

I need to find a short workout for this morning, that shouldn't be a problem. I didn't sleep very well and am dragging this morning. UGH. I definitely need to do something to get the blood pumping.

Wendy-Yep, I did all those w/o's on one day, either sat or sun. It's doable on the weekends. Although my legs/butt have been sore for a few days now. :eek: P90X2 has a lot of balance work in it too. Where are these barbell complex w/o's? Is that another app that you have? A girlfriend and I shared my stepmoms apartment when she moved into my house. It was only for 6 months and my only experience being "on my own". I moved back home when my stepmom's lease was up and didn't move until DH and I moved in together a couple years later.

bbl

Howdy. :)

My work out got done this morning. I didn't jinx myself by pre-posting it after all! LOL It was tough! I totally over-estimated the weight I could handle and had to drop it but I pushed through the first round of 10 before I did that. When I was done with all of it I did one round of this:
8@15r/20w: one arm swing, prisoner lunges, one arm swing, cross body mountain climbers. Great stuff! :D

Diana:: Here's the link to the page where you can purchase the barbell complex program. http://forestvance.com/challengecomplexes It's online. Not an app. You can print out the work outs, write them down, whatever you want and then there is a companion video for each work out that demonstrates the moves, etc. It's actually not just barbell work. There are also some dumbbell and kettle bell complexes included as well. IIRC there are something like 36 work outs in all!

WED

Hey girls -

sorry i have been MIA - been another TUFF week - been in meetings .. and meetings w/lawyers :( :confused: :( - then my baby Brutus scared heck out of me ystdy - had to leave work and take him to the vet .. thought he had an obstruction (he eats wood, ceramic, toys, socks, rocks - you name it) ... anyway ..the vet wanted to see him ASAP .. when I got home him and Toots looked like they had been playing "who can get the muddiest" .. w/o knowing they were THAT muddy .. I let them in ... they destroyed my living room and kitchen .. :confused: ... then it was a wrestle w/both of them b/c they thought i was home to take them riding .. :confused: .. long story short by the time I got Brutus in the truck and Toots back in the house .. i was late for my apt .. it was like a 3 ring circus!!! But he did NOT have an obstruction - thank you LORD!!! he has colitis .. and think his anal glands were messed up .. :confused: .. but he was lots better this morning .. and now on a BLAND diet!!!

So all that being said .. I did workout MON - P90x3 CVX .. LOVE that workout! but that is about it ... tonight my BFF's want to meet .. think they think I am ahving nervous breakdown ...LOL .. :confused: .. but at least they are checking on me!!! .... lol .... soooooo will start again TMRW w/my plan on getting back to working out and eating better!!

Wendy - you know I am enabler - sorry - the 30 min workout P90x3 offers is why I bit!!! LOVE IT .. and no it is not traditional weight lifting .. LOTS of odd moves that only Tony could come up with ..lots of balance and core work!!

Di - I almost joined Zuzka 30 day chllnge .. but I thought .. heck I cant get a workout in period .. might as well wait till I get my mojo back ... let me know what they are like .. I may still join her site .. I was doing good on her workouts until the bottom fell out..

Hello to Lori!

Ok ..better run .. just wanted you girls to know I have not gone off the deep end ....:eek:.... YET!!!!!:p

“Go where you are celebrated – not tolerated. If they can’t see the real value of you, it’s time for a new start.” – Unknown

Hey guys:)

Today, d-14 legs & abs............that's it:cool: wondering if I can post a pic from my phone hm..................if I can't my facebook name is latrese carpenter just thought I share.....

Nephew is 42. My next home I'm going to have a room custom for all my crap!!!

Last edited:
Hey Girls. :)

Today's work out was the following Barbell Challenge Complex::

A ladder of 10-8-6-4-2 reps of each of the following exercises in circuit fashion with minimal rest between rounds....There was an option to go back up the ladder as well but I didn't have time for that.

Rows
Push Ups
Dead Lifts
Front Squats
Ab Roll Outs
Weighted Burpees

BBL!:cool:

Last edited:
Hi ladies,

I'm working from home today. No interruptions and I should get plenty accomplished!

Not sure what w/o I will do today, a non-step circuit sounds good. I will be exercising on my lunch hour. I've done 3 step w/o's over the past week and my hip flexors are not happy with me. On the upside, my knee didn't hurt!:D Of course certain pivoting moves are a no no.

I was down .6 at my weigh in yesterday. I mentioned to DH that I was hoping for more and he so kindly reminded me that a loss is a loss!:) I am determined to loss this weight.

Yesterday was day 1 of BR 30 day challenge. I previewed it last night and may do it sometime today. It's only 12 minutes and is more like their normal w/o's, not like the previous 30 day challenge. I'll have to wait and see what it's like going forward.

Wendy-oh my, that ladder w/o looks tough. Going down seems doable, going back up would definitely be a struggle. Thanks for the link, I'm going to check it out.

TG-I have a basment to store all my stuff. The basement looks pretty good right now since DS1 moved out, but I'm sure we'll fill it back up in no time!

Laura-sounds like you need a vacation. Perhaps that would help take your mind off everything. Sorry you have so much going on. {{HUGS}}

back to the grind.....

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.