Damage Control 2019

Dan is non weight bearing for at least another 4 weeks. We go back 8/14 to see how he's progressing. The phone died and the car needed a jump while we were at the hospital-what a great day!

DS2 has moved in with a roommate! He'll save about $700 a month doing this.

Tuesday I did Upper Body Circuit (and abs) from RWH and just subbed in some lower impact cardio. Today I did ICE Lower Body Circuit premix of all of it without the jacks-40 minutes without too much impact. Feeling good!

Nice the girls are there for a visit! I would love to do some intense high impact cardio and have to force myself not to do it. I think it would help my stress. I have been doing more cardio with weights lately.

Beth

No workout today. I had 2 dr. apts. One was just a follow up blood test and the other was a mammogram. I did go walk for 30 minutes while the girls rode their bikes. It is 100 degrees today. Too hot for this grandma. We all loaded up on water when we got home. My weight just continues to go up with no stopping in site. It is very frustrating. I will be revisiting this issue with my Dr. in the coming months. I'm still doing IF and I do feel good following 16:8. It allows me to each lunch and dinner and even enjoy a glass of wine a few evenings a week, but still during my eating window.

Wow, 4 more weeks without weight bearing. That has got to be just miserable for him and you. You have a lot on your shoulders right now. It's hard being the caretaker. Glad DS2 found a roommate. It is so expensive living in CA.

No workouts the past two days for me. Glad you're getting so much quality time with the family. You are so lucky to have granddaughters!

Not much else going on here. I run errands, work, and do everything around the house. Yesterday was 3 weeks.

Beth

I finally got to work out today!!! I think I've had 4 or 5 days of not working out due to my crazy work schedule. I had to work yesterday from 5am to 8am. I'm supposed to work this afternoon but I'm not available. Today I did 2 leg w/o's back to back. The first focused on Quad and the second one focused on hamstrings and glutes. I should be nice and sore tomorrow. We went to my sisters house for a barbeque yesterday. It was nice to see everyone. I have laundry started and will be heading out to mow the lawn shortly.

I'm probably going move my morning alarm from 6:30 to 5:30. We have 7am meetings everyday and then I never have a chance to get my w/o in. I would get off work earlier too. I know myself and I just don't have the energy or desire to workout in the evenings. I'm going to give it a try this week and see how it goes.

Yes, you have a lot on your plate with having to do everything. HUGS. This too shall pass. Hope you DS and DH realize how much you are doing. So proud that you are still taking care of you!~

How did it go this morning? I tried early workouts, but couldn't do it with DS1 needing the bathroom after I'd started this job. I don't really like working all day and then working out and have been averaging 4 days/week this month (Sat., Sun., Tues, and Wed.) I did end up doing total body on Sat. and then Fit split kickbox premix of double kickbox on Sunday. So today I did Fit split push only premix (32 minutes) before making dinner. If I can get a half hour in I'm happy! I'm really listening to my body though and taking it day by day. Sat. I did PHT from Strong and Sweaty. I'm not going super heavy on weights anymore and am enjoying my workouts a lot. I really want to get back to the pool, but just can't justify being away that long (change, workout, shower...it's a long time). When DH starts rehabbing his hip I am encouraging the pool for ROM and stretching so I'll try to go down with him some-maybe!

I can't believe it's been nearly 2 years since Daytona Beach! I don't think I can go with my work and DH being so up in the air. We really (meaning me) want to go see Aaron in CA. But everything is on hold for a while. My provider is taking time in early October for her honeymoon so if DH is better we might try to go somewhere then. We'll see. We're getting our bathroom remodeled in Sept.-converting tub to shower. I am speeding up some of the renovations after what just happened. DH is letting me make all the decisions about everything which is kind of weird. He is not confident and just lets me decide. We're not in balance and it freaks me out a little bit.

Off to do cat chores...

Beth

I did get my workout in yesterday morning, just not at 5:30. I have a 7am standing meeting, that is usually just 15 minutes. It is smack dab in the middle of my workout time. Then the rest of the meetings start at 8 which really doesn't give me much time to w/o. I'm just going to play it by ear. Yesterday I did a BR w/o in the morning and STS D1 CSB in the afternoon. My body is feeling soft even though I lift a lot with BR. The menopause monster is really kicking my butt. I'm thinking a more strength focused split program will help. I'd like to try doing cardio in the morning and weights in the afternoon or evening. There are only a few days per week when I can do double workouts though. My body needs more recovery time at this point in my life.

Congratulations on your remodel. I'm sure DH is a bit out of sorts, being completely dependent on you right now while he heals. Hopefully things will turn around once he is better. Well I definitely think you should go visit your son when the time is right. Even just for a long weekend. Hang in there. HUGS

Work is really busy/stressful right now. So much to do, so little time. No real workouts the past few days, but I did go walking and to the park with the girls. They go home on Thursday. It's just not enough time to spend with them. We are having a family dinner at my MIL's tomorrow so everyone can see the girls one last time. I'm making a couple of desserts to take.

How was your week? Just remember "this too shall pass". This is a quote I heard from my Mom and Grandma when I was growing up. Stay strong.

Hi!

Soak up as much time with the twins as possible! Workouts can wait. Things are rolling along here. We're in a routine. Yesterday I did HSTA premixes of warm up, cardio, cardio and legs, and stretch. I majorly modified the cardio-but felt like I got a good workout. Today I'm going grocery shopping and meal prepping a bit for the week.

Beth

I did a tough BR w/o yesterday and one of the girls came down and did some of it with me. We went to the park at lunch and I would walk/run around the playground while they played. I did get to 11K steps yesterday. I hear you on modifying, I do it all the time. I do the best I can and find alternate moves for things I'm unable to do. I'm still doing IF and feel good, but the scale isn't really moving more than up and down the same couple pounds. I'm considering cancelling my WW membership. It's been 18 months and I weigh basically the same as when I started, actually up a couple pounds. I honestly believe this is due to peri-menopause and hormones. I do learn a lot the meetings, but could switch to online and still get the same information.

How are you doing? Glad you are all in a routine that seems to be working right now.

bbl

So glad it is Saturday! The girls went home on Thursday. It's nice and quiet in the house this morning. We had such a fun time with them. I think the past 3 weeks I've only worked out 4 days per week, Sat-Tues. I need to get back on track. Still struggling with my weight and the occasional hot flashes.

How are you doing? When is the tub/shower conversion scheduled? Stay strong.

Hi! I averaged 4 days/week in July. DH and I will be out of shape together, I guess. I've been able to do short workouts after work. I am not doing any set program and am just doing whatever I feel like. Last night was Hard Strikes. Today was Clean Max-I worked for close to 6 hours vacuuming, dusting, the bathrooms and laundry. The house gets so dirty between Saturdays-it's discouraging.

Monday the Bath Fitter guy is coming to precisely measure. Instillation will probably be in September. Our current tub is so old and getting chips in it and I'm afraid it's going to leak.

Glad you had a good time with the girls. What grade are they going into now? When is your trip to Ireland? You are going again, right? Everyone at work is taking vacations now.
Off to put the laundry away! Thanks for listening.

Beth

I did a tough BR w/o yesterday and today. I even felt a little sick during yesterdays w/o. Today was legs, and my legs are toast. I've just finished mowing the lawn and will be going grocery shopping and laundry after I shower. DS2 and are going to new Fast & Furious movie tonight. My DH is getting anywhere from 12K to 16K steps on his work days.

The girls are going into 6th grade-middle school. My vacation is Aug 21-27th and we are going to Nova Scotia. We have an overnight flight on the 20th. I hope its not too much for my 82 year old MIL. She doesn't handle flying like she used to. I so need a vacation. We will be going to our Condo in September. I think I come back from Nova Scotia and work for a week and them I'm off for another week.

Glad you are getting in something a few times per week. Any activity is beneficial. You are removing your tub and replacing with a walk in shower, is that right? We hope to do that at some point to. Our first estimate was 11K if I remember right. Then we talked to a contractor who measured everything and will do it for less than half of that. We just need to buy all the stuff. The shower door we want is several thousand dollars-who knew?

Off to tackle the rest of my weekend chores.

I worked out yesterday and today and walked 15K steps yesterday. It's in the mid 90's and it's just too hot to walk outside tonight.

What have you been up to?

I did Low Impact Lower Body Trisets yesterday and did PUB from the LITE series today. Having to throw away some fruit and veggies that are not tolerating the heat and humidity here is so frustrating. I do not want to go grocery shopping every couple of days. I'm planning on working out Tues., Wed. Thurs.; then doing my cleaning Friday night this week (and from now on) because: Soccer is back on Sat.!!!! I am really hoping this hip is healing...

DS 2 called just to talk to me...could just cry. He's so different from DS1.

Beth

I got in 5 days of exercise this past week-Sat-Wed. One day was only 30 minutes but it was better than nothing. Work is crazy busy and I'm exhausted. My boss called me on Friday to see if I was interested in another position. I may be able to get a promotion too. She didn't promise, but it would be nice. I'll find out more about the position on Monday. We had our main floor windows measured for shutters yesterday. I'm tired of the drapes, they've been here for 25 years. I'm reconsidering the Kitchen remodel too. If we are going to be here much longer then I want it done. I'm not sure why DH is stalling on moving. I hope to discuss it more with him when we go to our condo in the mountains in Sept. He tends to get a bit pissy every time I bring it up. The rates are low now, but the housing costs are still high. Speaking of houses, my sister and I are going to look at some new developments this weekend.

How is the family holding up with Dan being non weight bearing? I hope the appt goes well this week. How nice for you that DS2 called you.

I was able to workout both Sat and Sun and should be able to get something in between meeting this morning. I've already started laying out clothes to take on my trip. I will need to pack this weekend. I have to work Friday night and that always leaves me drained for Saturday. Sunday I have a birthday party to go to and I will need to pack.

How was your weekend? Did you get to watch soccer like you planned?

Weekend was good. I ended up cleaning house Friday night so I could watch some soccer. I did wash, grocery shop, etc. throughout the weekend. Sat. night I went to a Neil Young tribute concert downtown. It was fun.

Glad you got some good workouts in and are getting organized for your trip! I'm sure it'll be fun. We go Wed. to get an x-ray and see how things are progressing...I'll keep you updated!

I've been trying to move each day. Sat. I did Athletic Training. Sunday I walked-my back was hurting and I think it's from the vacuuming. Today I went to the pool after work and got all stretched out and sat in the hot tub. It was great and I've got to start trying to go at least once a week-it felt so good.

Beth

Work is becoming very stressful. I worked 13 hours yesterday. Much of my company works a 9/80 schedule which means they have every other Friday off. The sector I work for is now offering that same schedule to those who want. My request was approved and I should find out if I will be on A or B schedule, since we can't all be out at the same time. I'm looking forward to some 3 day weekends without having to use my PTO. I've been able to work out each day so far. I'm just very soft, even with all the weights. I'm thinking STS may be in my future. My boss called me about a job opportunity and I should hear more about it today.

Happy Hump Day.

I just got back from an hour and a half walk in 90 degree heat. I'm beat. This is my only exercise today. My polar says I burned 458 calories, 45% fat. That's better than some of the circuits I do.

How are you doing?

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.