Daily check in weekend of July 21 + 22, 2018

CeciFifi

Cathlete
Is this the correct date?

Good morning everyone.

Today I managed a workout blender workout of upper and lower body + cycling segments. Woke up with a sore neck today.

Have a great weekend everyone.

Melanie, I like your choice of workouts! And again, welcome!

Thanks Ceci- I can't take credit for the workout choices as I have been following Cathe's July rotation. I don't like the choreographed step ones or the boxing ones so I will sub in a run on those days.

Annette- BOOM! That is some good weight! Nice!

Today was High Intensity Pyramid Lower Body- Yikes. My adductors were still a little sore from Tuesday (!) but I got through it. I get such terrible DOMS- ever since I can remember training in my early teens. I have researched it a lot and think there is a genetic reasoning behind it as I have tried everything to reduce it from happening. My daughter gets it as well.
Well, I am going to try and climb the basement stairs now...

Melanie

Hi ladies,

Today is a rest day for me. Hubby isn't feeling well and it is raining cats and dogs outside.

Honestly 105 is light for what I was lifting just over a year ago. Melanie, I am recovering from nerve damage from a shot given to me in my arm a year ago April. Before the shot I could bench press 140. Long story that arm appears to be mostly better but now my other shoulder is hurt. Sigh, I can't win. So 105 is heavy these days it was light just over a year ago.

Glad to see you joining us.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Hi all, I'm just checking in. Sorry I've been mia. My workouts have suffered over the past weeks. I've been absolutely buried in schoolwork. To be honest, I'm drowning. I'm really behind. I'm learning a lot, but I don't think I'm keeping up. I have 4 weeks left. My grade is a B+ average, but in terms of mastering the material, I don't feel I'm competent.

I did 4D Low Impact Step yesterday and it felt so good. I'm really going to make more of an effort to carve out that time to do my workouts. I think it will help mentally. Even if it's just 30 minutes.

Carry on!

Hi Missy! I am sorry you are drowning in school work. I've been there and it can be soooo stressful. That said, it's great you are doing it and you will be happy when it's over. You will have your life back. Great mark BTW.

Today I did another cycle/lower body blender workout. Thanks Melanie for inspiring me to pull out pyramid lower body. Boy that was tough and I only did 4 segments + Xtrain cycle segments. I am drenched. As I get older I find I don't recover so quickly. I used to long workouts like this almost daily but no more. Tomorrow will be something lighter.

Have a good day everyone. It's raining cats and dogs here too annette. i love a rainy summer day.

Hi gals,

Yay!! Missy's back!!

Today I worked on the cardio for the revamping of the now debunked walking routine. So roughly 24 minutes of high intensity low impact cardio moves. I think I can make it tough enough from the start to get our heartrates up fairly quickly .

Going to rain again today.

Have a great day and workout!![emoji963]️‍♂️♀️♀️

SS Cardio slam- yikes that was tough. Love the burpees on the step for some reason.
No DOMS from yesterday's LB strength-yay!- but they were a little sluggish. I changed the rotation a little as she had another UB for today and I had done one less than 48 hours ago.
Annette- I always associated low impact with "this is going to be easy" but they can be tough. You'll get them sweating!
Hi Missy- I haven't been in college since 1993 but I remember how stressful it was. I ran and played intramural sports to keep myself sane.
Cold, rainy and windy here today so we are headed to town for dinner and a movie!

Melanie

Hi ladies again,

I ended up getting in an hour long walk/jog, the last 20 minutes with my friend joining me and me extending my walk to accommodate her. Nice to be able to chat and catch up since the weather hasn't been great for walking on Sunday evenings.

Very humid outside. Ugh!!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.