Daily Check-In Wednesday June 29

Morning all. This morning was IMAX 2 for me. I plan to do a segment of Core Max tonight. Have some nice DOMS from PUB yesterday, especially in my biceps which is great because I hardly ever get DOMS there.

Becky - I have mornings like that too. I always have to keep telling myself "Okay, you've done this workout a million times", but sometimes the energy is just not there.

Sandra - My daughter used to do massive aerobics in my belly. It used to freak DH out when he'd look at my stomach and it was rolling all over the place. I used to watch it and just laugh.

Foodie Sue - You are completely right about the active on the inside, active on the outside. My DD was incredibly active when I was pregnant, and now she's 18 months and I can barely keep up with her.:)

Hope everyone has a great day!

Katie

I'm done working out....the Body Max choreography for step was pretty tricky for me. In fact, I gave up about 10 minutes short of finishing it because I was getting frustrated. I will have to practice this in the future as an "extended warm up" before my other work outs until I get it down. Anyway, I completed the upper body weight work and the abs. I feel good but I'm thinking tomorrow could be another big DOMS day because I went increased my weight in a lot of exercises today. Now it's time for mom to eat real quick cause baby is going to be looking for food any minute now!!!:)

Hi Sandra,

No club and high step yet. I opted for the heart rate monitor and body fat analyzer first. They are on their way. Will wait for the step for about a month I guess now. Have to space this stuff out so that DH doesn't have a stroke! lol

Wendy

6/13/05 Some new pics added!Check out pics of Joey's room in the "nursery" album!

http://www.PictureTrail.com/wendymin

Good morning, I'm proud to be able to say! Today I woke up at a decent hour- yesss! lol :p

I'm feeling DOMSy again today, so I'm going to depart from the Aug 04 schedule today and do Kathy Smith's Kickboxing + Ab work today. I'll pick up the Aug rotation again tomorrow.

Yesterday I did PUB and Step Max segment 1 and cool down. I enjoyed SM, it was my first time doing it and I was tickled with how well I picked up the moves (as uncomplex as they are ;)).

Tammy- Hope your w/o fills you with energy!

Jane- I've had those nights when I wake up (or should I say can't sleep anymore- lol) very early. It can be really frustrating, but usually only happens once a month for me. One of the many joys of womanhood. x( :7

Debbie- I'm happy to hear that your endurance is improving, that's exciting! Good for you!

Becky- It's amazing how much impact what we eat and how well we sleep affects our workouts, isn't it? TTOM is a rough time for me and junk food, too. I focus on taking it one meal at a time and keeping myself busy so I don't want to eat. I'm glad to know that I'm not the only one who has to use extreme modifications sometimes, though. :p :7

Kali- Congrats on your new high step! I think you're wise to start low and light, because it's SO fun to work your way up. :)

Carla- 15lbs for AB work! WOW! Rock on, girlie!

Charlotte- Whooohooo on those 10 lb front raises! That's totally awesome! Hope your headache goes away soon...

Conni- Enjoy Cedar Rapids! They are some awesome rollercoasters there, I'm jealous! :D

Laurie Mac- Yep, we're on the same schedule afterall. :) I didn't do the walking lunges the first time I did this rotation last month, but you have motivated me to do them. Thanks!

Mariangles- Hope you hear from BB real soon! I had a similar problem with Good Times after buying some Firm stuff...I got it straightened out eventually but it was a real pain the butt.

Angie- Hope you find your KPC DVD! Yikes! I like the w/o you put together for today- very creative! Hope your friend falls in love with Cathe, too. :)

Emily- Your post cracked me up- you WANT DOMS in your butt? LOL :7

Shelley- Glad to hear that your DD is feeling better today. Enjoy kicking, punching and crunching! ;)

Missy- Totally awesome arm workout! I'm with you- your arms simply MUST firm up after a month of w/o's like this! I'm interested in hearing about your results. Ouch! }(

Wendy- Hope your DOMS is subsiding today. You're doing so terrific, I'm proud of you! I'm sure you'll pick up the choreography in Body Max soon enough- enjoy the process of learning it, then the end result will be even sweeter. ;)

Logos- Great workout!

Sandra- I always enjoy hearing how much FUN you have with your w/o's! I think it's so cool that you can feel your daughter moving around so much- sorry it can be a bit painful though.

Foodie Sue- Wow, I'm impressed. Right now I'm pretty sure that I would press pause during the recovery to make it last longer. hehehe Your aerobic capacity is inspirational!

Terri- Congrats on those 32 from-the-toes push up! WOWIE!

Annette- Ouchie, I can't imagine having DOMS that badly in my Abs. You must have Abs of Steel- if not, then you're very close! :p

Katie- Isn't DOMS in the biceps exciting? I've got it there after PUB yesterday, too. I love it when Cathe says she's having an out-of-body experience. LOL

Here's to many more excellent workouts *clink*,
Connie

Hey All! Last day for school and making lunches YAAAY!!!! Just my youngest left at school so I slept in until 7:30. I did an hour of yoga before work. I'm home for a bit but anxious to get out. Carpet installers are noisy and the glue smells noxious! We're doing the front and back stairs and one bedroom.

Everyone is working hard and I think it's funny how we all love our DOMS from biceps to abs and beyond....I haven't felt a good dose of ab DOMS in a while I guess I'd better get working harder!

Sandra, I'm pretty sure it Marley quoted from "Oh the Places You'll Go" , you've got brains in your head and shoes on your feet........ She started with "Don't be sad that it's over, be glad that it happened".. I'd never heard the expression and now I'm hearing it all over!

I've gotta get out of these fumes.....x(

Take Care
Laurie

Hey Carole, you out there?:)

Good Day all. :)

It is nice to be checking in again. We had a special graduation party for our DS and a Bridal Shower the next morning for our niece. All went well, and now we are in get back to baseline mode/ start summer mode. We had a few glitches along the way like flat tires, broken dishwashers and computer worms but we are doing better all the time. MY DH is a very special guy when puting up with unexpected events. I just love him!

Ok, this week my workouts will follow Cathe's hardcore rotation for fat loss. After all the good food that we had, I figure a little jump start of metabolism might help. That and eating more healthfully. (We just have to get rid of those leftovers!)

I started on Tuesday
Tuesday: IMAX3
Wednesday: Muscle Max

I am starting to have a flare up of Plantar Fasciitis in my good foot. So I have to be careful. Today though, I had a tennis match on hard courts. Bad for my foot (But oh, so fun) I will have to evaluate my foot and decide if I need to stop high impact for a time. Hopefully not...

Judy
AKA Likes2bfit

Hi Judy!

I'm just finishing up the HardCore fat loss rotation. I've lost two pounds. I found weeks 3 and 4 to be very intense. Next I'm going to do the HC muscle endurance rotation.

Enjoy!

Tammy

Hi Connie!

If it weren't for you ladies I wouldn't be as motivated as I have been! Cathe is not for sissies and it can really take everything in a person to get up off thier bum and do one of her work outs sometimes! Coming here really helps keep me going!

Thanks!:)

Wendy

6/13/05 Some new pics added!Check out pics of Joey's room in the "nursery" album!

http://www.PictureTrail.com/wendymin

Hey Tammy thanks. Do your clothes fit any differently? like looser???

I am skeptical about this rotatoin because my current flair up of Plantar Fasciitis. I hope with stretching and Naproxen I can keep the inflamation down. But most likely, I'll have to modify the high impact. Ah well, this happened to me in 1999 and I managed with a PS rotation and all cardio on the bike. (With great results I might add) But I'm not in the mood for the bike.x( x( x(

Maybe AJ can give me some killer pool cardio to do.

Judy
AKA Likes2bfit

>Hey Tammy thanks. Do your clothes fit any differently? like
>looser???
>
> I am skeptical about this rotatoin because my current flair
>up of Plantar Fasciitis. I hope with stretching and Naproxen I
>can keep the inflamation down. But most likely, I'll have to
>modify the high impact. Ah well, this happened to me in 1999
>and I managed with a PS rotation and all cardio on the bike.
>(With great results I might add) But I'm not in the mood for
>the bike.x( x( x(
>
> Maybe AJ can give me some killer pool cardio to do.
>
>Judy
>AKA Likes2bfit

Yes, my clothes are a bit looser. I lost 3/4" in my waist and 3/4" in my thighs. Good luck...this is a pretty intense/high impact rotation...but it was a lot of fun!

Tammy

Just finished with MIS and thankfully didn't drop any weights on my head in my stupor...LOL.... I am feeling a little better after the workout.

AvgHR 108 MaxHR 160 Calories 356

Hi Wendy! I am totally with you!! As much as I love Cathe's w/o's and the results I get from them- I've found myself stalling every day this week. LOL Coming here always motivates me too. I could read the forums all day....but that's another problem. heheh ;)

I'll keep on keeping on, if you will.

Connie :D

Good grief it's late! i have more energy in evening workouts for sure though! i did the UB premix of BC earlier and then tonight i did Imax2 1-6. Phew! so fun though!

jes

p.s. sandra: have you dropped off the email planet?

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.