Daily Check in Wednesday August 14th, 2019

CeciFifi

Cathlete
Hi Everyone,

Today I did a pilates workout from SSOD.

Thanks for the clarification Anita!

Have a great day everyone

Hi all

Today was Yoga. It was all I could manage as I am on a clear diet today in prep for a colonoscopy tomorrow. I have put it off as long as I can. I don't like any invasive procedures but my doctor told me to do just one. Ugh.

Anita - thanks for the info on CO. My husband and I toyed with the idea of moving to another state but we just can't find a state we love as much as NJ, as the only thing we do not like is the winter weather. We may consider NY as time goes on but I want to live in NYC and my husband upstate :D

Have a great day!

Mornin’!

Yesterday was the first day of school annnnnd everyone in the house has a cold. We also had an unexpected trip to the pediatrician for vaccinations, etc and I ended up in the car for 2.5 hours. I almost had a panic attack yesterday (for real) and had to take it slowwwww. So the workout I had planned (chest and triceps) did not materialize. After all the work I did outside in the yard on Monday... I feel like I broke even.

Two drinks last night (see above, LOL) and ate too much (also see above). Back on the horse today... kind of.

Hubby is in bed sick and my tire pressure light came on this morning as we were leaving for school. I had three kids to get to school, a barefoot toddler in her pjs and the dog. The tire place is right across the street from the school — and 25 minutes from my house. WELP, time to swallow my pride and trash it up with my dog and my barefoot baby! ;) After 25 minutes of waiting.... THERE WAS NOTHING WRONG WITH MY TIRES. Faulty sensor. (Damn you, Toyota!)

Since hubby is sick, I’ll be taking the boys to football practice after school tonight. The gym is a stone’s throw away and they have childcare. So now (that I’m finally back home) the decision is:
Workout now
OR
Workout tonight.

I still have a dozen other things to do today and don’t want to get behind on those. But I suspect that if I don’t get the workout in this morning, it won’t happen. (Gym Style Back, Shoulders and Biceps. When what I really want to do is go to the back yard and cut down trees...)

Somebody tell me what to do! LOL :)

Anita - thanks for the info on CO. My husband and I toyed with the idea of moving to another state but we just can't find a state we love as much as NJ, as the only thing we do not like is the winter weather. We may consider NY as time goes on but I want to live in NYC and my husband upstate :D

Colorado is amazing but the real estate is “California” expensive. Stay put and complain about the winters. ;) Everyone else does. (My husband is from RI and my brother-in-law is from Binghamton, NY. I have a sister-in-law in MA. My best friend is from Philly. I’m familiar with the crappy winters!)

At the risk of being too familiar, I’m sorry about your butt. ;) :D You’re braver than I! LOL

Hi ladies,

Today I taught my original Kickbox workout to 6 ladies for an hour. Now one lady says that it is too easy and I should ditch it. She likes my newer workouts better.

Then I did 30 minutes of weight work including floorwork abs, legs and glutes.

Have a great day and workout!!

Check in:
Just finished Gym Style Back, Shoulders and Biceps. Gold star for lifting heavier than Cathe... on some of the exercises. ;) I feel 100 times better. Enough to hit the treadmill. (Maybe)

Colorado is amazing but the real estate is “California” expensive. Stay put and complain about the winters. ;) Everyone else does. (My husband is from RI and my brother-in-law is from Binghamton, NY. I have a sister-in-law in MA. My best friend is from Philly. I’m familiar with the crappy winters!)

At the risk of being too familiar, I’m sorry about your butt. ;):D You’re braver than I! LOL

We are all too familiar with high real estate and property taxes being from NJ a half hour outside NYC. The cost is well worth it for us with all the conveniences we have. I love visiting the West Coast but doubt I could live there. I love the East Coast too much :)

We are all too familiar with high real estate and property taxes being from NJ a half hour outside NYC. The cost is well worth it for us with all the conveniences we have. I love visiting the West Coast but doubt I could live there. I love the East Coast too much :)

I have some friends who moved from Atlanta to Oyster Bay. The sticker shock of property value and all the taxes was insane. (They now live in Miami.)

There is definitely an East Coast vs West Coast mindset. We don’t have that so much here, even though it is technically West. People here remind me of a Southern + Midwestern hybrid. Friendly, hard-working, keep to themselves, no-nonsense, unpretentious. What you see is what you get. I definitely admire that. But it took me awhile to acclimate. I’d been an Easterner my entire life and that was hard to shed.

Where we live, there is a grocery store close by and other amenities like our vet, the police and gas stations, etc. But very little is actually “close”. We have to drive an average of 25 minutes to get to where we can shop, eat, or see attractions. That’s a big change from the East Coast. You forget how BIG everything is here.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.