Daily Check in Tuesday June 23, 2020

CeciFifi

Cathlete
Hi Everyone,

It looks like we all got in some kind of a workout yesterday.

Today I did another 30 minutes pilates/yoga hybrid workout + 120 KB swings and my own stretch

Sherri - I am with you about doing lighter workouts these last couple of days. It's already humid at 5:30 am here

Lisa - I made a big change in my early 40's when I went back to school to get my MSW. I didn't go into private practice until age 49, after training as a volunteer therapist for 5 years. Reinventing oneself takes time but whatever you want to do I'm sure will be worth it. I never gave up my full-time job.

Annette - back in class already eh? I think gyms have opened up here too

Lannette - You've reminded me to book with my MT too. thanks!

have a great day everyone

Hi Everyone!
KY & Timesaver #3. I was totally saturated with sweat when I finished! I’m able to do pikes on the ball again! They aren’t quite as perky as they were 20 years ago but I’ll take them! I’ll do some Pilates Cadillac work later.

Hope everyone has a great WO and a wonderful day.

Hi all

Ceci - thanks for the encouragement on the second career. It’s definitely something I will be looking into. My personality will not allow my to retire :)

Today was PHA 3 Live. I love this type of training.

Have a great day.

Hi ladies,

Today I went to the gym and did 60 minutes on the elliptical and 10 minutes of floorwork for abs, legs and glutes.

I have a dentist appointment this afternoon.

Have a great day and workout!!

Hi ladies,

Today was Jenny Ford Step By Step. Basic, but good and sweaty.

I had to retire at 42. It was quite a shocker for me as I had always worked a full time job as an Administrative Assistant and part time job as a Fitness Director/Instructor. I was a mess. That was 16 years ago. Now I really enjoy staying home. I almost hate to go anywhere.

Lisa, I was around 48 when I started massage school. I worked full-time as an RN manager while going to school by the time I graduated I had 4 small departments under my belt - so it definitely can be done.

I still have my RN but am currently retired. Sherri I love staying at home too so I can relate to what you’ve written. I love massage but I’m keeping my practice small, especially now with Covid. On another note, I need to try the Jenny Ford step DVDs I own. I bought them on sale and never tried them.

Annette, is your gym subject to a lot of rules? Having come from a hospital gym setting I was already doing a lot of what our state requires around disinfection but I need to clearly understand the masking rules.

Lannette,
Not too much, I mean we disinfect the machines before and after use(or at least you are supposed to), and the staff are going around and disinfecting every hour mostly the parts of the machines that people touch. Masks are optional. And class sizes are limited to 15 because the room only allows distancing for about 15 people.

Lannette,
Not too much, I mean we disinfect the machines before and after use(or at least you are supposed to), and the staff are going around and disinfecting every hour mostly the parts of the machines that people touch. Masks are optional. And class sizes are limited to 15 because the room only allows distancing for about 15 people.
We have a lot of rules around masking. Closer than 6’ both client & instructor must wear one.

I see clients one on one (our gym is small) so that simplifies to some degree. I always placed any weights, foam domes, Pilates rings, etc that a client used in a pile post use and disinfected them post session and then wiped down the entire gym.

I already long for the day when you could just do a session without super vigilance.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.