Daily Check-in for Sunday, May 7, 2006

BelovedHeather

Cathlete
Good morning! Happy Sunday! I have been checking in late at night and miss interacting with everyone, but I am up early this morning. I slept like a baby last night after not getting much sleep last week. I was planning to have a restful Friday night, but a tornado had other ideas. :eek: I did not sleep at all Friday night between the tornado sirens sounding, fierce wind, and hail slamming against the windows. I do not usually get too disturbed by a tornado warning as it goes with the territory when you live in Tornado Alley, but I had a bad feeling in my spirit before the storm hit that is hard to describe. Thankfully, no one in the area was hurt. There are still about 20,000 homes without power. It is unbelievable to drive around and see massive trees that were uprooted and slammed into buildings! It is expected to take a few days to clean up and restore the power.

I rested yesterday and took a long nap. I did not even make it to the grocery store, so I will have to take care of that today after church. I did Rhythmic Step last night and did the abs and planks from Power Hour as well as the second segment of Total Body Stretching late last night.

Summary for Easter to 4th of July Challenge Week 3:

04-30-06 Cardio and Weights/Total Body Stretching 2
05-01-06 Cardio Kicks + Ab Hits (CTX Kickbox)/Total Body Stretching 2
05-02-06 rest/Leaner Legs + cardio gliding (homemade circuit) + Total Body Stretching 2
05-03-06 rest/IMAX2 + Total Body Stretching 2
05-04-06 rest/Boot Camp + Total Body Stretching 2
05-05-06 rest/rest
05-06-06 rest/Rhythmic Step + Ab Hits (Power Hour) + Total Body Stretching 2

My weight is holding steady at 180 pounds even after a stressful week. I am planning a lighter week of workouts to restore my body and establish the habit of getting to bed at a decent hour. After sleeping a few hours a night last week, my body needs a break. I am determined to do this! This is what I am planning for this week:

Sunday - Low Impact Step + Total Body Sculpting (cardio and weight circuit premix)
Monday - jogging in the pool
Tuesday - Supersets + rebounding (homemade circuit)
Wednesday - jogging in the pool
Thursday - Push Pull + rebounding (homemade circuit)
Friday - rest
Saturday - Low Impact Step + Ab Hits (All Step)

Have a blessed Sunday!

Blessings,
Heather B.

“So whether you eat or drink or whatever you do, do it all for the glory of God” (1 Corinthians 10:31 NIV).

Planned for today:

Chin-ups, push-ups and a long walk accompanied by my wonderful XM radio! I have not decided on the station yet, but probably Southern Gospel(34) Disco(83),70's(7),or 80's(8).

I wonder how I got through life without all these gadgets we have now like personal computers and the internet, and satellite radio! Man, when I was in high school, all we had were transistor radios!

"It is better to keep your mouth closed and let people think you are a fool than to open it and remove all doubt." Mark Twain ;-)

Good Sunday Morning:) Sunny and cool here today. I'm in an IMAX kinda mood so I'll do the original followed by a BodyPump workout. Unplanned rest day yesterday so I'm ready to get sweaty and pumped this morning}( :)

Heather, Friday sounds like a rough night, glad you were able to get some restorative sleep last night. Good for you to get a workout in last night, I'm not much of a late day exerciser myself. Enjoy your Sunday:)

Honeybunch, I hear you with the gadgetry, so many choices. I loved my little red transistor radio with it's one ear piece, who knew it could come so far so fast:)

Have a great day all!

Take Care
Laurie:)

Good Morning Heather, HB and Laurie.

I have HSCh on tap for today. I, unfortunately, have caught some other kind of bug already...I just got over being sick!x(...but it's not bad so I'm going to TRY to get my work out in today. Wish me luck!

Good morning fit ladies

Heather...wow!! I bet that tornado was scary. The most we ever get here is an occasional earthquake, although we are surrounded by a few volcanos! Congrats on your weight holding steady, which is tough during stressful times. Your week of workouts looks great...enjoy your workout today.

Yes Honeybunch, the days of transistors and albums!! How far we have come..:)..Have a fun walk after the chin-ups and push-ups! I am a disco fan myself...

Sounds like a tough workout Laurie...have fun!

I'll be doing an 18 mile run with my running friend.

Have a great sunday...:)

Good morning ladies

I am planning to take a long power walk today with hills. But that may change, since I'm feeling a few twinges in the stupid old shin after yesterday's workout. Keep your figers crossed.

I'll probably also include some leg work without weights - ball stuff, walking lunges, etc., and some abs.

Hey Heather - I'm in Tornado Alley right with you (Arkansas). We had some rough storms this week too, but not like yours. I'm glad you're okay!

Good morning fitness folks...

Today is steady state cardio day with kickboxing as cardio of choice. I believe I'll do KPC, that'll take care of abs too.

Have a great Sunday!!

Morning ladies. A lot of energy this morning, so I did SB followed by a 30 minute run.

Hope everyone has a great day!

Katie

Good Sunday Morning Ladies!

Yesterday was 30 min. leg workout from the May rotation and a 50 min. power walk.

Today is a 45 min. run and stretching.

No time to read posts right now, but I'll be back!

Hope everyone has a FANTASTIC day!!:D

Good Morning Fit Chicks!

I'm back on the injured list, so no workout for me today....again....AACK!!!!!

Heather: Keep up the good work...your persistance will pay off.

HB: I often wonder how we managed without the gadgets we have today, but then again I also wonder if maybe we were better off?

Becky: Enjoy your run.

Carole: Have a great run with your running buddy. My scale is starting to move in the right direction:7

Wendy: I hope you feel better soon...take it easy!

Katie: SB is so much fun!

Jane: KPC is such a great all around workout...arms, legs, abs, cardio...enjoy!

Shannon: Enjoy your walk.

Laurie: I just love all the Imaxes....enjoy your Imax day!

Hello to all that follow...have a great Sunday!

Hi ladies:

Heather agree - I miss the interaction with everyone too.

Did PP last night and IMax2 before. So I"m 3 for 3 days.

I hope to be back with you all soon - I miss you Carole, Tammy, Wendy et all!

My DD comes back from 5 months in France this afternoon - I'm a bundle of nerves. My DS is still adjusting to the new meds and the 5 day stay in the hospital threw me for a loop.

Anyhow just wanted to say hi and HOPE to be joining you ladies on a regular basis soon

Nope, I would never, ever want to go back to those "good old days" when women didn't work out, and we just watched our hips spread! Those days when losing weight only meant starving on 1200 calories a day. Not much about the "good old days" was good. If anyone invents a "Way Back" machine like Mr. Peabody (Rocky & Bullwinkle cartoon, for all you youngster!), I won't ask for a ride!

"It is better to keep your mouth closed and let people think you are a fool than to open it and remove all doubt." Mark Twain ;-)

Hi all above. I didn't get a chance to check in yesterday, but I did triceps and abs, which completed week one of my rotation. So far so good. Today is a rest day, then start up with back again tomarrow. Hope you all have a wonderful Sunday.

Good morning everyone:) I will be doing Circuit max today and yesterday I did Imax 2 and lying leg work. It is so GORGOUSE here today in California. We planted some flowers yesteray and they look so pretty. I really love to have bright colorful things around me. It just puts me in a good mood. Well, I hope everyone has a great day and awesome workouts. Now, If I can just keep bad food out of my mouth today. :(

Susan

Good afternoon everyone!

I hope you all had a wonderful Sunday, and an enjoyable weekend.

Heather, glad to hear you made it through the storm without any significant damage.

Carole, 18 miles -- wow!

Robyn, enjoy your daughter's homecoming, and I hope your son adjusts well to his meds.

Susan, I love pretty flowers too. I have some gardening to do that is seriously overdue. DH was supposed to help me today, but he says he used all of his gardening energy on our weekend outings. :) Our soil here is practically nonexistent, and digging holes basically requires a lot of upper body strength because it's mostly rocks and lime (I think it's lime. Whatever it is, it's really hard -- like cement.). What takes him a few minutes to dig takes me hours. Hopefully he'll change his mind later and decide to help me.

Yesterday was PS Legs and Abs, and today is either a 40 minute ss run or low max. The run is scheduled for today, but I did a 50 minute run earlier this week in place of low max, so I'm trying to decide if I should do low max today instead. I've decided to sign up for my first 5k so I'm leaning towards the run. I'll let you know tomorrow.

Well I did cardio today but not kickboxing as planned. I have previewed Christi Taylor's Hi/lo Heaven and Still Jumpin over the past couple of days and decided to try to tackle Still Jumpin today. I did pretty well. I finished the first segment of which was about 30 minutes and then was starting on the second segment of combos when I decided to just start the w/o over after the warmup and do the first segment of combos again. That worked pretty well. I almost got all of it down but not quite. I had a good sweat and a good 70 minute w/o when you count the w/u and c/d, stretch and the doubling up on the first segment of combos. I love the music!!! That was the best part!!

Now I have to get in there and do some abs!

Hi Jane, Hi everybody!

I'm late checking in too. I just finished my 45 min.(4 mile) run (with a 10 min. w/u & 10 min. c/d) and stretching.

I just ate a big bowl of fruit....now off to the shower!!!

Hope you all had a great weekend!!
:7

Hey girls!

I'm not very happy right now...I have not worked out yet and will be skipping it for the day...under severe protest but I do not think it would be wise as I am extremely tired, coughing,etc. DH suggested it could be allergies as opposed to a cold, etc. but the fact of the matter is...no matter WHAT it is, I will not do a worth-while job at HSC while feeling this way so I have to pass.x( x( x(

On a brighter note: We went to an outdoor fleamarket this morning. I love them. Nothing caught my eye but it's always fun to walk around those places.:) The weather here was WONDERFUL!:+

Hope everyone had a nice Sunday.

Sounds like everyone had good workouts today.
I hope you feel better Wendy.
I guess I had a rest day today. I spent it with my sister, so that was nice. I was planning on an evening W/O, but my hands and wrists are suffering from severe joint pain from a condition I have, so I can't do much. But tomorrow is another day, and I am gonna sweat my butt off!
Have a great evening everyone. I wish you all good health!!
Maeghan AKA megadoo:) :)

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.