Daily Check in April 30

Wow I can't believe another month is over! May days are coming! My favourite month, lilacs, cherry blossoms and digging in the dirt (my fave!) I'm going to do a BodyStep workout, some yoga and then my first MowMax in 6 months (why do I love mowing the lawn so much, it's kind of strange!)

I hope everyone enjoys a restful or not so restful Sunday, whatever makes you HAPPY!

Take Care
Laurie:)

Hey Laurie -
We posted our checkins at the same time! So I'll just move my post over here and make this the official one.

I think I'm officially back in action. The shin is almost better, and I'm going to do LOWMAX today! I can't wait for some real cardio!

I'll also do Legs and Glutes, plus some abs, maybe Core Max 2, and then a stretch. And clean house... guess I'd better get busy on that.

Happy workouts, everyone!

Good morning Laurie and Shannon and all who follow

Yes Laurie...May is on the way...I'll be digging some more in my yard today. Weedmax!!!

Shannon...so glad to hear your shin is better! Have a great workout

I'l be running 18 miles on trails by one of our lakes with my sister and a friend.

Have a good day...:)

Good Morning Fit Chicks!

Today I'm doing 90x C/S/T (this one is super duper boring), Shelley's Mish-Mosh and AbRipperX.

Carole: Enjoy your run!

Shannon: Wow...that is some workout you have planned.

Laurie: Enjoy your workout and your lawn mowing.

Hello to all that follow....have a great day!

I posted on Shannon's tread so I'll move mine over too....

Good morning Shannon....

Today is circuit day for me. I haven't decided which one yet. I haven't picked up HSC or HSTA in a while so those are possibilities. I'll check in later when I've decided and done it.

Wow Shannon!!! LowMax and L&G's....I'd have a hard time walking after that combination!!! Guaranteed to be a real burner!! Have fun!

Good morning Laurie and Carole!!

Carole - hope you have a nice run. 18 miles still blows my mind!

Laurie- I love to mow grass too but only pushing, I detest riding the riding mower around and around and around....

ETA - good morning Tammy... there are alot of us posting at the same time this morning!!

I guess I will move mine over too!

Good morning ladies. That is a heck of a workout! I wish I could do all that, but my boys seem to give me time limits if you know what I mean. I get at least one good hour, so that's not bad.
I was wondering if any of you could give me some specifics on a clean diet. Basically, what is OFF limits. I know I have some real good muscle definition, but you can't always see it. I need to slim down and I am sure the proper diet would help. I definately can't go vegan because I love meat. Any helpful hints would be appreciated.
Thanks.
I should be doing a core max and a jog tonight.

Maeghan AKA megadoo

Good Morning girls!

Just finished the SB/SJP 61 mins weight and step circuit. I feel good. It was my first go at step since I joined the gym. I thought for sure I'd be a fumbling idiot but I guess it's like riding a bike! :)

Have a great day!

Chin-up day. I want to do sets throughout the day - I'm going to try to pay more attention to my grip to see if that can help my numbers.

Second day for Christi's Step Sational so I could get the choreography down. I'll take a walk later, and view my new Mindy DVD's for class ideas. I'm excited about new med ball and glider exercises!

"It is better to keep your mouth closed and let people think you are a fool than to open it and remove all doubt." Mark Twain ;-)

Hey girls,
I am |SO bummed. While doing Imax 3 I twisted my ankle. I have it wrapped and it is swollen. I am really hoping it doesn't take long to heal. I have never done that before. Oh well, so it will be upper body split for me today and no cardio probably for a couple days. I will live vicariously through all of your great workouts.

Susan

Morning!

I did IMAX3 :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :)

I dread that workout so much, yet it's really not that bad. Like all of her IMAXs, I like the second half better than the first half, and by time I get to Interval #6, the rest of the workout just flies by. Now I feel good.

Laurie - In your part of the world, spring is definitely beautiful. I always like fall the best, though. Edmonton doesn't get near the fall that you do. We have two days at the end of September where the leaves turn yellow, and then fall off. It's very anticlimactic, compared to yours. Enjoy your digging!

Shannon - tough workout today. I'm glad your shin is doing better.

Carole - that sounds like a really nice run. Have fun!

Tammy - let us know what you think of the mish mosh.

Jane - I vote for HSC. It's my favourite of the high step workouts, primarily because of the music :)

Maeghan - there's been lots of discussion over the years about "clean eating." If you do an advanced search of the Open Discussion Forum (and the "Ask Cathe" forum), you should find plenty of information.

Wendy - I love that circuit. It's fun, hey?

Honeybunch - how is the choreo and music in Step Sational?

Phyllis - wow, what a workout!!!

Susan - oh, I'm so sorry to hear about your ankle :-( Which part of IMAX3 were you doing that caused you to twist it?

Well, back to packing.
Sandra

I'm finished. It was Bootcamp today because I wanted to do a workout DD and I could do together and that seemed the best choice. She was sooo funny. She wanted me to relay to Cathe that she really didn't like her very much during that workout!!! Nothing personal!! LOL!! She did see how you can be in awesome shape though it you stick with Cathe. She has a bridesmaid's dress she has to fit into by June 17th so it is crunch time for her, she has put on a few pounds and needs to get it off so she will be comfortable in the dress.

She goes to the gym since it is just 1 minute from her apartment and she is planning on Taebo, step, hi/lo, and weight training classes during the week and then hopefully Cathe on the weekends with mama!!

Sandra --- I burned out on IMAX3 because of the January and February rotations in which it was done to death! I plan on picking it up for my interval this week though. It does hold a dread factor for me too!

Susan - I'm so sorry you twisted your ankle, I hope you heal up fast.

Off to shower and then to visit my daddy.

Later...

Mowing is done, I'm on my way to your house Phyllis for MowMax 2:)
Enjoy Rent, someone loaned us the DVD but we haven't watched it yet.

Susan! I'm so sorry about your ankle that's rough! Don't forget to RICE - Rest Ice Compress and Elevate, it is absolutely amazing what it can do for a soft tissue injury during the acute phase (first 48-72 hours), be good to you!

Sandra, Nice job on IMAX3, I still don't love this one, I dislike working out on 1 riser but it's much too much impact for 2 risers. What a big job packing up a house is! How much time left to go, not long eh?!...

Carole, 18 mile trail run sounds like a perfect Sunday afternoon for you, hope it's a good one:)

Take Care
Laurie:)

Daily Check-in

Wow! It is hard to believe that I have posted over 100 messages here in a little over a month! I must like this place! ;-)

I did the second segment of Total Body Stretching last night. This morning’s workout was Cardio and Weights. I will be starting a new rotation next Sunday, but I will still get to enjoy the step choreography from Cardio and Weights in the Terminator workouts.

My eating has been a little sporadic this weekend, but I have been eating clean and not overeating. I have accomplished some of my goals for this month and not done as well with others:

* faithfully spend time in Bible study and prayer every morning (accomplished almost every morning)
* keep eating clean and keep drinking plenty of spring water (accomplished)
* faithfully continue my cardio and circuit training rotation as planned (accomplished)
* get to bed between 10:00 p.m. and 11:00 p.m. every night during the week (not even close)
* shed 7-11 pounds and break into the 170s down to a size 14 (accomplished size 14 but only -5 pounds)
* get the paper clutter in my home under control (started but not even close)
* deep clean and organize my kitchen and bathroom (started but not even close)

Summary for Easter to 4th of July Challenge Week 2:

04-23-06 Cardio and Weights/Total Body Stretching 2
04-24-06 Cardio Kicks + Ab Hits (CTX Kickbox)/Total Body Stretching 2
04-25-06 Leaner Legs + cardio gliding (homemade circuit)/Total Body Stretching 2
04-26-06 IMAX2/Total Body Stretching 2
04-27-06 Boot Camp/Total Body Stretching 2
04-28-06 rest/rest
04-29-06 Rhythmic Step + Ab Hits (Power Hour)/Total Body Stretching 2

I dropped 5 pounds last week with clean eating and the above workouts. I forgot to share yesterday that a friend took some pictures of me in a swimsuit last week. I look much better now than I did in the swim dresses I had to wear when I weighed 260 pounds. Of course, that is not saying much! ;-) These pictures were taken right after I dropped 5 pounds, and I am amazed to see what a difference 5 pounds makes. I think it is because I am short like Cathe. I need to start working on my PictureTrail so it is ready to share on the 4th of July.

I am hoping to meet my first member of this forum in June. Kathy (Annabelle2) is planning to come visit me. We are going to take her grandson to the zoo I love so much. :7

Wendy, I pray that you are having a blessed birthday! :)

Blessings,
Heather B.

“So whether you eat or drink or whatever you do, do it all for the glory of God” (1 Corinthians 10:31 NIV).

Sandra: IM#3 always leaves me feeling so accomplished. Shelley's mish-mosh was fun! It was just the right amount of time and my heart rate stayed in my zone for more than half of the workout. It is a perfect cardio add-on for weight training days.

The choreography is comparable to most of her other step DVD's. I think it helps to watch the Move Master segment first. My second time through I had it down pretty good. Fun sweaty workout! I noticed she and her crew did it on a 4" step with no risers. I did it on 6".

"It is better to keep your mouth closed and let people think you are a fool than to open it and remove all doubt." Mark Twain ;-)

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.