Cut wine, to get more muscle growth?

JulieL

Cathlete
I'm at my goal weight, but really want to increase leg muscle mass. Do I need to tweek my diet so I cut more calories, to get this growth, or eat as I do (clean eating mostly) that has stabilized my weight for quite a while.

Basically do I have to give up my wine, to see more growth, LOL that's what I want to know really ;)

Hi Julie! Keep your clean calories coming to gain size. Cutting back calories will not feed your muscles. They may appear more cut with a calorie cut back, but they are not definitely not growing. Hope this has kept a smile on your face since your wine (in moderation) looks like a keeper :)

RE: Lordy, what a relief!

Hey, me too! I love my Pinot Grigio!
Oh yeah, in moderation of course!!(wink)

Whew... I was pretty nervous there for a minute. Hey, Pinot Grigio person!! I'm with you on that one. I have been slowly edging my way through different brands and haven't settled on one yet. I also love a good glass of Merlot. But as Cathe stated... moderation.

Also, Cathe, thanks for the information on calories and muscle gain. I didn't know that before I read your post.

Hi fellow "Winers!"

I am not a wine snob, I kinda wish I was though! :) I will wander through the store helplessly, and usually settle on the bottles with the pretty labels! Sometime it works, sometimes it does not.Oh, and I love to try the recommended wines that Martha Stewart gives in her magazine-especially when we have friends over for dinner-I trust Martha to impress our dinner guests! :)
So I do not have a favorite brand yet either....Cheers!

Tnena (sp?)...

Just an after thought... I have been buying a lot of Bella Sera Pinot Grigio lately... maybe this is sign. It's crisp, fresh and light tasting. I find it is great with fish and salads. Just My humble opinion... I'm not wine expert. I know what my tastebuds like....

I also like the Bella Sera, but I recently found Blackstone Pinot Grigio and it's unbelievable! This is my new favorite by far. You guys should try it.

Barbara

I just tried a new white wine last night and it was delish....

Smoking Loon Viognier---check it out! YUM!:D

PS---I really love red wine best and I always would have a glass in the evenings. I did notice when I cut back to just a couple glasses a week that my torso area definitely leaned out very quickly without even tweaking my diet much.

Katie,

I have to agree with you about cutting back. I drink wine maybe every two weeks now and can see a big difference. It might be because I can't just have one glass though!}( But since I have cut back I have definitely slimmed out. Like they say - everything in moderation.

Barbara

I'm glad you mentioned Smoking Loon wines. They are high quality and won't break your budget. Smoking Loon Chard is very good also. Hubs likes their Cabs. Toasted Head wines are also wonderful but a bit pricey for my wallet.

I agree - cutting back offers up many benefits... a couple of glasses a week is a good idea.

I'll lift a glass to health and muscle tone.....

Sigh. Yeah, I figured it was too good to be true!:)
I know what you mean, you can get squishy in the middle if ya don't watch it! Too many dinners out with friends, or dinners in with good conversation, food and wine can be deadly on the midsection. But maybe just enjoying my wine on weekends will help my own belly lean out! Peppermint tea is a good sub during the week-very relaxing!;-)

I used to drink about an average of 2 glasses of wine every day. I really looked forward to it after a long day and with my dinner. However, I heard somewhere about the correlation between cellulite and alcohol (not sure where or who I heard this from) On January 1st of this year I decided to do 2 major things for my body: 1) Start using Cathe workouts ONLY (was a Firmie for many years) and 2)Drink much less wine, trying to limit it only to weekends and having only 2 or 2 at best.) Since then I've noticed a major difference in my cellulite and firmness of my body. I wouldn't say that I'm smaller (because I was slim to begin with), but much better muscle definition. Obviously, I'm ingesting fewer wine calories, and working my butt off with Cathe, so I expected the firmness, but I did not expect less cellulite, which has been making me miserable for years. Anyone else experience less cellulite with less alcohol.

Boy, y'all have cut right to my weakness....a glass of wine after dinner. I'm finding that less is better. Especially when you look at the fact that two a day is okay, but 7 days a week that adds up to 14 glasses! Darn. That little squidgy in the middle is not going to go away without a little sacrifice, right? LOL

BTW, red wine is my fave....a good pinot or even a Shirah. Yummy (especially is you have a little piece of dark chocolate to go with...ahhh heaven!)
:eek:

Oh baby!:p Sounds dreamy...I don't know guys sometimes I think to myself "Self, you work your butt off exercising, enjoy that wine, chocolate, bread with olive oil and balsamic (oh, don't even get me started!)Ya know what I mean?? Everyday I eat a ton of veggies, get my protein in and have virtually eliminated all white flour, sugary foods, so my wine is the last yummy I have.
I wish I could quote my favorite actress of all time Sophia Loren when she said, "All you see here, I owe to spaghetti!" Although in my case it would be "wine!" :7 But alas, I am not Miss Sophia! And Sophia wasn't worried about abdominal definition--bless her heart!

Cheers!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.